Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Guarding of Chaos ❯ Family and You ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

…..Well by now you should know I do not own YYH…..and that Hiei is going to be OOC I'm trying so some things should match up…….but yeah can't promise….
 
“Blah”= talking
 
Blah = thoughts
 
{Blah} = thoughts over heard by other person
 
The Guarding of Chaos
 
Family and You
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
His name's Hiei……well I got an answer. I wonder if he's hurt. He's got a bandage on his arm……
 
“Okay, progress. Where are you from?” I knew she would ask that. Hiei kept his mouth shut and Hikari waited and waited.
 
“Am I not worthy of an answer? Or are you just being a jerk?”
 
“Hn,” I should have known. Is that just an old standby?
 
“I..uhhh…don't suppose you say anything else beside your name and that.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Cryptic, aren't we?” Hikari muttered, annoyed. She eyed the bandages again.
 
“Are you hurt? I could try and help….if you want…” Hiei took a few steps back. Hikari scowled.
 
“How `bout that on your forehead? Is that a bandage or not?” No, not hurt, onna. And what business of yours is the Jagan. Hiei was getting steadily more annoyed with Hikari. Suddenly, Hikari's eyes darted out the window.
 
“Gomen, I must leave.” She walked up to him and set her hands upon his shoulders. Her eyes closed in concentration. Hiei moved back but her hands stayed on his shoulders.
 
“What the hell are you doing?” Hiei demanded.
 
“Shhhhh,” was her answer. She glowed. Her hands glowed. Hiei now glowed. What's going on?
 
“I have to leave. This will stop you from being attacked. I still want to talk to you. So please don't leave,” and with that she was gone.
 
“Leave….Leave? I don't know where I am! How can I leave?!” Hiei turned to look around. He stared through the window, and at everything that couldn't be explained. Where am I? Damn, she didn't even know…… He walked out of there and towards the large Sakura tree. He stood at its base, hand touching the trunk. What had Koenma been thinking, sending him here? He didn't know anything about young ningen girls…or America. He knew the name of the town he was in but other then that…nada. He had no clue really where he was. He hated that feeling. A ringing sound filled the emptiness of the area.
 
“What the hell is that?” The ringing continued
 
~*~*~*~*~*~.
 
Back where Hikari slept on the couch, the telephone rang. She woke with a start and ran to answer the phone.
 
“Moshi mo- ahhh I mean hello?” Hikari yelped into it. She heard a very clear business like voice at the other end.
 
“Hello is this a law office? The defense lawyer, James Spirit?”
 
“No, you have the wrong number,” Hikari muttered. The person on the other end decided to push it. They argued with Hikari about the number for fifteen minutes before Hikari got a legitimate reason to stop talking.
 
“I have someone on the other line. Try the other number, if you don't get the law office, call back- Wait don't call back!”
 
“Okay thank you,” and the caller hung up. Why did I say `call back'? Why?
 
“Hello?!”
 
“Oh, hello!”
 
“Hey, Hikari! We ahhh need something,” Kyle, Hikari's cousin spoke on the other end.
 
“What do you need, Kyle?”
 
“Canwepracticeoverthere?” He asked really fast.
 
“Yes you can practice over here. Just hurry and get here.”
 
“Yes! Right, over and out!” Kyle yelled.
 
“Yeah, over and out,” Hikari whispered but she knew Kyle had already hung up. When did we start using that phrase anyways? Oh who cares! They're coming over! I won't be alone! Now if only my parents……
 
Hiei watched her hang up the phone. She looked a little happier.
 
“She….reminds me of Yukina…some...” he whispered to the wind. She really did remind him. Why am I here? Kami! I should be in the Makai! Not in the U.S.! Hell, Koenma should've been able to find someone else, he as to have some lackeys that would do this for him. He blackmailed me into this!
 
{blackmailed me into this! Blackmail damnitt!} Hikari looked around. She wasn't being black mailed and she didn't use the word `damnitt'. What's going on?
 
His thoughts ran in circles. He was cursing in Japanese and English, and only stopped when he noticed Hikari's confused and worried expression through the screen. The dogs around Hikari and at the door bark suddenly. Out side the door, completely covered by winter clothing were her cousins. Kyle, barely six weeks younger then Hikari, was the first in the door, and whipped a hat off is dirty blonde hair and smiled at her with blue eyes. He carried a microphone and a guitar. Next in was the youngest, Marissa. Her blonde locks a mess from the wind and blue eyes slightly hidden from view behind glasses which fogged up. She carried, somehow, a drum set twice the size of her.
 
Last in was Sieto, the middle child of the three (though technically that honor was carried Kyle, having two older siblings then him). She was trying to get the snow out of her chocolate brown hair, though the cinnamon stripes showed even then. She looked at Hikari with beautiful purple-blue eyes, unlike any others in the family. Her pupils were even almost cat-like. She carried three things and refused help, like Marissa had. First was the keyboard she adored given to her by her father, next a bass guitar, and last a normal one, on which she was using to teach Hikari how to play. Why was only a vague idea in Seito's head she didn't share with anyone else. It was just one more attempt to get Hikari to join their band, “The Myths”.
 
Hikari wasn't one for the limelight though and refused at every turn. The traditional, “But you have a great voice!” and “Please you already help us!” would follow. She still declined. She couldn't play anything other then her flute and how would that help them? AS for the writing of some things though, she was a great help.
 
“Great to see you all! So, need help or only practice room?” Hikari said cheerfully.
 
“Both!” they chorused. Hikari smiled and Marissa and Sieto sprinted down to the basement. Kyle stopped her from following.
 
“Hikari?”
 
“Hmmm?”
 
“Don't bring up Dad. We got a message from him and it's all Marissa and Sieto will talk about. I just don't-” Hikari stopped him
 
“I know. I keep quiet. Are you alright?”
 
“I'm fine,” Kyle answered starting down the stairs. Hikari watched him walk down towards his sisters. He was putting up a tough act. She knew the call had hit him as hard as the girls. Their father had walked out on them two years back, no note, no nothing. Left his wife with bills and five children in a small house they were renting as they looked for a real home. They had just moved to Spirit Lake from Wisconsin Rapids, and he left. He returned only long enough to sign divorce papers. He was a bum, guys. Forget him. You all still have your mother. It's more then I technically have...
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
“Okay! One more line, but then you have to leave. We all have school tomorrow! I have test, and …….okay I'm just tired,” Hikari muttered. Her cousins nodded enthusiastically. Hikari sang, she had an okay voice, good for some one who only sang for so few people. Wow…Ahh what am I thinking!? She's human! Don't compliment her! Hiei chided himself as he watched. In time they left, and Hikari went up stairs, washed up, and went to bed. Wow it's already after ten…should've made them leave earlier. Oh well…everyone's got perfect 20/20 hindsight. With that, completely exhausted, she slept.
 
*********
Hiei stood, hidden for the most part by the large sprawling branches of the tree. The leaves, such a deep green, held his attention for the most part. But his attention was truly on the sky. He hadn't really noticed but before there had been cloud in a perfect robin's blue sky. Now the sky was dark, penetrated only by stars and a large, full moon. A branch snapped and Hikari stood by the tree.
 
“Hiei! Where are you? I asked you not to leave…” Involuntarily Hiei appeared before her.
 
“Hey! You're still here! Thought you left. I wanted to ask-” she was cut off and disappeared from sight. Hiei looked around; she wasn't anywhere he could see. Sure you wanted to ask me something…baka ningen
 
**********
 
Hikari woke with a start, there were sounds coming from the living room. She hesitated. What if some one's down there? I'm here alone! Suddenly there was barking, a yelp, and whimpering. But…Buttons…and Coco…If they hurt my dogs they are dead! She got up and took from the dresser a hammer; something she had begun doing when she started to spend her nights alone. The dogs still barked. She walked down the hall and peeked into the living room. A man in all black stood with a bag and was piling stuff in it. Things of value to the family and more.
 
“Look at this stuff, heh, like a mini mansion.” Hikari gripped the hammer tighter. She was afraid for herself and her dogs. They were sort of the only family that still lived with her. She scowled at the thief. She hated it when people called her house, a mini mansion. It wasn't. It was just built a long time ago when her family had a little more money and had been passed down the line. She moved for the phone, which should've been her first action anyways, and ran into a low coffee table. The thief turned and spotted her. He began to move towards her with the bag hoisted to be used to hit her. She lashed out first in fear, knocking him with the hammer in the head. He shook it off. Hikari's eyes widened. The man laughed and moved towards her again. She screamed.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
R&R
 
….Wooo hooo! Chapter four (revised) This chapter probably seems like it needs more but I kind of wanted to bring out some of Hikari's family and how she acts, some personality…..But she did meet Hiei! Suppose this is a cliffhanger, huh? Well the story's starting to get somewhere…review minna-san. Arigato and Ja ne!