Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ Wands Wands Wands ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
is a REVISED CHAPTER, for those who are reading the fic over. Now there are a great deal of changes in this chapter, that gives some clues to some events in the future

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Yu Yu Hakusho, though I wish I did.


Chapter 2 Wands, Wands, Wands



“I wonder what type of wand I’ll get,” said Yukina as they made their way into Ollivander’s . As they entered they took notice of the amount of shelves and boxes in the musty shop. Some chairs were also filled with boxes that were strewn haphazardly around the place. Kurama looked around the room warily, he absolutley hated living in confusion and disarray.

“Well, well what do we have here,” said a voice deep in the shop coming toward them. Hiei pushed Yukina next to Kurama and stood infront of her, hand on the hilt of his katana. “ I mean no harm,” Ollivander said looking at the group. “Now whose first,” he said getting one of the boxes off the shelf.

Yukina walked up to him, her hands behind her back. “Now young lady, which is your dominant hand,” he asked while conjuring measuring tapes out of nowhere. Yukina raised her right arm, and the measuring tapes swirled around it. Thus, began the wand try-outs.

45 minutes later…………

“You’re group is quite special, young lady,” Ollivander said, “You must be the ones that I was told about. Come with me.” The group followed him to the back of his shop where his supplies were. With the supplies were six boxes that they assumed contained wands. Unlike the dust covered boxes in the previous room, however, these boxes looked brand new. He picked up the one closest to him and gestured Yukina to come. He handed the dark red wand to her and she waved it around right before it was once again plucked out of her hand. “No, not that one.” He placed the wand carefully back in it's box and took out another wand, this one glowed an eerie blue. “Here you go.” Yukina repeated the process and once again got the same result. “Strange.” Ollivander replaced the wand and then opened another box. This wand was also blue but had various intricate designs carved onto the handle. She grasped it in her hand and she felt a strong icy gust blow through the room. “Oh, well it's about time. Who's next?”

Yusuke stepped forward and stuck out his right arm with an annoyed look on his face. “Ah yes. You are the leaderish type and no main element jumps out from you so let's see. “ He opened another box. This one contained a wand that glowed an emerald green. “No, not that.” He closed the box and opened another one containing a dark brown almost black wand. “Here, try this one.” Yusuke grabbed it out of Ollivander's hand and foolishly gave it a wave. Almost immedietly he felt his energy transfer into the small stick and he pocketed it grumpily and went to sit down with the others.

Kurama rose while Ollivander tinkered with the next box. Pulling out the wand, he held the silver and black handle out to the kitsune. Kurama swung the wand with a flick of his wrist and jumped as the table in the back of the room disintergrated into dust. “NO!” Ollivander plucked the wand out of his hand and opened back up the first box. He handed the red wand to boy that now didn't really want anything to do with the objects anymore. This one ,however, did the trick as the room lit up with the smell of roses. “Ah now, the last one.”

Ollivander opened the remaining unopened box and handed the wand to Hiei. This wand was pitch black with intricate symbols carved into it in dark blue and blood red. As he touched the wand he could feel the power radiating off of it. He smirked and gave it a wave. The back wall of the room froze immedietly save for one small circle in the middle. From that circle grew a black fire. The fire covered the entire back wall and made it break into millions of tiny pieces. “…..um yes. Need to look after that one. Very powerful.” The poor man was able to mutter out the few sentences before collapsing into a chair that was fortunately behind of him. Kurama was the first one to recover and walked over to the elderly man and patted him on the back. Yusuke and Hiei dropped some galleons into his hands and made to leave but stopped when they say Kurama and Yukina still waiting.

“You mentioned that you were told about us?” Kurama said stepping infront of Ollivander's seated form.

“Oh yes, some blue haired woman stopped by and dropped off the wands. Said there were special made for a group of you. Only the four of you have shown up so far so I still have three more wands.”

“Blue haired-? Botan. Koenma knows what's going on?” Yukina turned to Kurama in confusion and he shrugged his shoulders. Turning to the others who had looks of suspicion on their faces, he shooked his head. They would leave Ollivander alone. Obviously, he was just a messenger boy. As they left the shop, Yukina bumped into someone else that was entering. “Strange... It's that same girl again.”

They made their way to the apothecary and searched for cauldrons and the gloves that they would need. Yukina grimaced at the intestines of creatures that had been preserved in jars. Yusuke, however, was amazed by them and pointed the utterly disgusting ones out much to her dismay. It wasn't until she almost puked that both Kurama and Hiei turned around and cuffed him on the back of his head that he stopped and apologized. They quickly got their supplies in order and left the store much to Yusuke's dismay. Next on the list was pets. Oh joy.


I hope you enjoyed the new and improved chapter. It has various hints, hints, hints. So R&R and tell me what u think PLEASE...