Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ the necklace ❯ new school ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I hate transferring to new schools," said Serenity Kechiko. She just transferred here. Looking around and watching all the students talk, it seemed like they were all staring at her. One student stood out from the rest; he had long red hair, green eyes, and a strange aura around him. Suddenly the bell rang.

"Damn it, I going to be late for class," aid Serenity as she ran to class. When lunchtime came, Serenity didn't really feel welcome. She kept on hearing rumors that she was cruel, snobby, and hateful, and no one bothered to talk to her. Serenity started to head back to the building as the bell rang. Suddenly someone called her name.

"Kechiko-san!" a boy's voice shouted. Serenity turned around and was suddenly sprayed by a hose! Unable to tell who had done it, she turned and headed to the office to tell them she was going home to get some dry clothes.

"Maybe you should just stay home, we will try to find who did this," said Tatamo-sensai.

"Its ok you don't need to find who did it. I will be ok. Could you have someone bring me my homework after school?" replied Serenity.

"Sure Kechiko-san. I am sorry this happened, usually this doesn't," said Tatamo-sensai.

"Its ok. Bye Sensei," Serenity said and left to go home.

The whole way home she wondered what she did to disserve this. She stopped when she came to an old shrine with a dojo. Serenity had lived here her entire life. She loved how quiet it was.

"Serenity, what are you doing home so early?" said Ruri. Ruri was Serenity's cousin who lived with her here at the dojo. She was 19 years old and loved swordsmanship.

Her hair was short and black and her eyes a dark violet in color. Ruri wasn't all that responsible or reliable at times and she was messy and totally unorganized. /SOO true! /

"Ruri, shouldn't you be at school too?" questioned Serenity. Serenity was 15 years old and loved to paint. She had long brown hair and dark blue eyes. Serenity was different from Ruri. She was responsible, reliable, neat, and clean. /Uh! SOO true/

"Ha! I don't have school eight hours a day for five days a week. Umm why the fuck are you soaking wet?!" said Ruri.

"It was just a prank. I am ok. I am just going to take a shower than we can train together. O yeah someone should be coming to drop off my homework," said Serenity, as she left to go and take a shower.

"Be prepared to lose! I won't be going easy on you this time," said Ruri as she practiced.

They had been practicing for a few hours when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," said Ruri.

She opened the door to see a boy with red hair and green eyes, but there was something different about him.

"Hey, Are you from Seren's school?" said Ruri.

"Hai. I am here to drop off Serenity's homework. Could I talk to her?" said the boy.

"Yep! I'll go get her," said Ruri.

"Seren~ there is someone here to talk to you~!" Ruri said in a singsong voice with a grin on her face.

"Ok ok just stop singing!" said Serenity as she went to the door. When she got to the door she saw that it was the boy she saw early that day. "Hello may I help you?"

"My name is Suichi. I brought your homework from school," said Kurama.

"Well thank you. I will see you at school than," said Serenity.

"Wait I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to say that I am sorry about what they did to you. Sometimes some of the students can be cruel to the new kid," said Kurama.

"Its ok I am fine. It doesn't matter. I had worse happen to me before. I should…"

"Come on nii-chan, I want to go home," whined a small boy behind Kurama.

"Just wait another minute, ok?" said Kurama.

"Seren, what's the hold up? You're not thinking of backing out of our sparing match are you? You know you can't beat me!" Shouted Ruri

"What kind of sparing?" the little boy asked.

"Swordplay," answered Serenity. "You wish you could beat me!" Serenity shouted back.

"Nii-chan, I want to learn swordplay. Please please please?" asked the boy.

"Well Ruri and I do give lessons here at the dojo. If you want you could come tomorrow and Ruri will give you a lesson. Well, I got to get going. Thanks, Suichi, for bringing me my homework," said Serenity.

"Bye" said the two brothers.

"Bye" said Serenity as she shut the door and walked to where Ruri was.

"You got a student tomorrow."

" Okay. What's with the boy?" questioned Ruri with a smile.

"Forget about it," said Serenity.

"Come on Seren. Oshiete OSHIete OSHIETE!!!!" said Ruri.

"No!" Shouted Serenity "I am going to bed!" and with that she stomped off to her room.

Ruri just sat there, laughing her head off the whole time. /A.N.I love to do that/

The next day of school, during lunch, Serenity ate the lunch she had made and studied on the roof. Silently Kurama crept up and surprised Serenity.

Serenity began to choke on her food but she swallowed it.

"What the heck are you trying to do to me!?!" screamed Serenity.

"Gomen nasai! I meant to surprised you, not to make you choke and scream," said Kurama as he sat next to her.

"Do you need help with your homework?" asked Kurama.

"No!" answered Serenity as she looked away.

"Where did you transfer from?" asked Kurama.

"A different school. It doesn't matter," answered Serenity as she read her book.

"What is wrong? Why are you acting this way?" asked Kurama

"It doesn't matter, I just want to keep it to myself. But there is something I want to know," said Serenity. Suddenly the bell rang. "Forget about it. See you later."

After school Kurama brought his little brother Suichi to the dojo for his lesson.

"The lesson will be 2