Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The one who cared ❯ 2nd chance ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

“Hiei!” Kurama voice called out to his fallen friend. He had felt his friends energy drifting in and out of existence. He didn’t believe his legs had ever carried him that fast before yet still he was too late to help his friend from what ever threat had attacked him.

“ Hiei, Hiei what happened?” His friend was alive but barely and with this much blood loss probably not for much longer. He was practically floating in his own blood.

‘ He’s lost so much blood if I don’t stop it he’ll…’ Kurama didn’t even dare finish his own thought. He quickly striped off his shirt and pressed against the wound in his friends stomach.

‘ a sword wound….but I didn’t since anything…’ Kurama’s eyes shot around trying to find some evidence of what had happened. He froze as he saw Hiei’s sword. Kurama eyes widened as he looked to Hiei and then back to his sword covered in his own blood. There wasn‘t any sign of a struggle other then his bleeding friend. No signs of any one strong enough to turn Hiei‘s sword on him, but the sent was unmistakable the blood on the sword was definitely Hiei’s.

Then the thought suddenly accrued to him. No one could turn Hiei’s weapon against him no one but himself. Kurama’s head spun around to look at his friend. He quickly tied a bandage out of his shirt as best he could before quickly picking him up, sprinting off to Genki’s Temple. Only two words were whispered over and over again in his head.

‘ Hiei why?’ Kurama only picked up the pace

***

His eye’s slowly fluttered open as he finally came to. Hiei looked around as His memory of earlier that afternoon flooded his mind. His frowned in confusion. Yes he was in Genki’s Temple.

But how did I get here and my wound. Hiei’s thoughts trailed off as he reached up to touch where he had stuck his own sword through his gut. Not to his surprise his hand met bandages. He slowly sat up wincing as his body protested. He looked down at his wound. It was well bandaged obviously Yukina’s work.

‘ but who brought me here ? Who found me?

“ Why?” Hiei’s eye’s shot open at that voice. He turned to find Kurama leaning a against the wall his eyes close, Hiei sighed.

Kurama damn that fox and his sense of smell. Hiei cursed himself under his breath for his own stupidity. Of course Kurama would come if his youki was suddenly fading! He was to damn useful to them to get hurt!

“ It‘s none of your concern” the fox didn’t really care and it was none of his business any way. Hiei gritted his teeth as he waited for Kurama to reply but he only sat there staring at him.

“ What!” Hiei yelled at the red head. He hated being looked at like that as if any one could just look at him and judge him. Though he should be use to it by now he had been getting that look his entire life.

“ Are you that unhappy?” Kurama asked as he finally dropped his gazed. His expression turned from accusing to guilty. Hiei sighed, he knew it, the fox was too smart for his own damn good.

“ being happy has nothing to do with it.” he stated plainly gently touching his wound again.

“ Then is there an actual reason for this stupidity or were you just giving up on everything!” His voice was tense and as deadly as a snake. Hiei flinched that was one of the few times he had ever hear Kurama lose his temper. The half korieme looked away from him clenching his fist. He had been close so close and then just like that life refused to let him rest. Just like it always did, fate truly was a bitch.

“ There is no longer a reason for me to be here, I don’t have a purpose…” He trailed off as he finally spoke the words out loud. If you don’t have a purpose , if your not needed, then why am I here. Those thoughts rang through his head as the redheaded fox clenched his fist in what was now anger.

“ What about us. Yukina , Yusuke, Kuwabara, me, Aren’t we worth living for? We care about….”

“ Liar.” Hiei stated plainly. Kurama fell silent at that.

Liar, Hiei do you really think we don’t care, how could…..’

“ Hiei…”

“ Get out!” So with a sigh he acknowledged defeat for now at least. The red head stood to leave not even giving him a second glance.

“ We do care Hiei, wither you believe it or not, we care,” and with that he left closing the door behind him.

Hiei let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. He sighed again and closed his eyes. He could feel a head ache starting up.

“ Dumb fox.” he whispered then started to unwrap his wound. It was already almost heal most definitely Yukina’s work. He sighed gently caressing his stomach.

‘ I wonder if any one else knows.’ He bit his lip, how would Yukina take it if she did know? Sure he hadn’t told her that he was her brother but, would she care?

She would

Hiei growled at that voice. Always, always there to remind him to keep him for going to damn far. He slammed his fist into floor, smiling as he felt a couple splinters from the split wood break his skin. Pain he was familiar with that. The voice didn’t even stop him this time. He had done it! He was as good as dead! Then why did he stop?

He could see her smile as clear as day the minute he closed his eyes. He ground his teeth together at that memory starting to feel his eyes sting. No, no more of this, and with that Hiei quickly found his shirt and looked around for his sword.

‘ Damn that fox! He probably hid it some where!’ Hiei gritted his teeth but just turned to the door. As he approached it a barrier blocked him out. Hiei glared at it but then quickly opened his jagan. The barrier was gone in a second and Hiei smirked.

‘ Should of known better Kurama.’ He then flitted out of the temple his jagan open and ready.

I was given a second chance and now I will avenge you. Samako I promise ,I wont join you till I see that bitches corpse.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~