Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Reason For Fighting ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Okay, for that person who gave me the total of 1 review, YOU ROCK!!!! As for the rest of you… ::sticks tongue out:: Meanies!

Oh, and for that last chapter: Miko= priestess… they have spiritual powers. I'm going to be throwing some more Japanese phrases in there so feel free to ask what they mean, but I usually will put their meanings at the bottom. Oh and to all, the chapters definitely will get longer. Read please!~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had been wounded somehow. How had it happened? He had just been walking when those hunters attacked him. Their weapons were nothing special. Just some swords and spears, maybe some bow and arrows. How could they have injured him this badly? Must have been their numbers.

That didn't matter. He had won and gotten away. What a life he had. They always attacked as soon as they knew. The hair must have been a give away. Not many had hair like his, well, human anyway.

He kept walking deep into the forest, hoping to be covered by the darkness and trees. When he was pretty sure he was far enough away, he fell against a tree and closed his eyes. His body needed to heal quickly. The pain was enormous. How had mere hunters done this? It didn't make sense.

A snapped twig caused him to listen instead of think on this. Someone was coming. His eyelids were very heavy as he pushed them open. There in front of him was a young woman with brown hair and violet eyes, eyes that were filled with worry. Without a word, he felt her hand on his chest wound. Blood. He could smell his own blood on her hand. Damn it. He must have been careless. How else could they have done so much damage? This never happened before. That was the last time he would let a sweet smell intoxicate him.

Before he could do anything, darkness overcame him.

He awoke later inside a room, lying on a futon. He pushed the blanket back and moved to get up.

"Don't move yet. The wound hasn't fully healed. You'll ruin the work I did."

He turned to the sound of the voice. His eyes fell upon the woman from before. Her violet eyes were gazing straight into his golden brown ones. "If you were smart, you would have left me there to die."

"Well, then I must be dumb for as you can see I didn't. Your wound was pretty bad, so I fixed it up for you. Don't move too much or it will open again."

He knew she was right, though he hated to admit it. He reluctantly settled back down into the futon and laid still, eyelids tempting to close again. Once again, he saw her violet eyes. She was looking over the other wounds he had received.

"Why did you help me, human?"

"Because you were hurt."

His face held a look of confusion. He could feel some energy from her, not that of a regular human. That was when he noticed her clothing. Right away he knew what she was. 'A miko. Why didn't she just kill me then?' He looked her over as she worked on placing new, fresh bandages in place of the blood filled old ones. "Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance, miko?"

A small smile played on her lips. "So you finally noticed. You were causing no harm. There was no reason to kill you."

"How do you know I won't kill you when I am healed?"

"I don't." She got up and went to the opposite side of the room. Was she retreating? No, she came back with something in her hands. "You have to eat to keep up your strength. Here. It's not exactly the best soup but it will help gain your strength back quicker. And I have water as well."

She held a spoon full of the soup up to his lips. When he didn't open them, she frowned a bit. "If you don't eat, you will get weaker faster. Then how will you kill me? You won't be strong enough to even get out of this futon."

'This girl…' He looked at the spoon. "How do I know you didn't poison this?"

"You don't. You'll either have to trust me and eat it, or not trust me and die from lack of food. You're choice."

After raising an eyebrow at her, he sniffed the soup and after deeming it alright, he parted his lips as she fed him the soup. After a few seconds she smiled. "See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?"

He eyed the rest of the soup. It was in fact very good. She must have seen for she dipped the spoon into the bowl again and continued to feed him the rest of the contents.

As she got up to leave to put the bowl away, he asked her, "What is your name, miko?"

She turned her head and looked him in the eye, her violet eyes clashing with his golden brown ones. "My name is Naomi. What are you called, fox demon?"

"Kurama."

She smiled. "It fits you nicely. You should get some sleep. You need not worry. I'll be back to check on you."

"Where am I?"

"You are at the shrine where I live and keep. You are safe here as long as I permit you safe passage here. Now just rest. I will be back to check on you. Promise." With that she left the room.

He lay there letting his mind wander. This girl intrigued him. Maybe he wouldn't kill her right away. With that, he went into a nice, comfortable sleep.

~*~How was that? I'd love more reviews for this, but if you don't like it, I understand. Ja ne!~*~