Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Nightmares ❯ WHAT!!!!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I want to, and I wish to but I don't own yyh. I DO own Iumae, Raye and Ajo. You can't use them without my permission!!!!

~Chapter 2~

"Excuse me!"

"What!!"

"Are you kidding?!"

"Hn." Where just a few colorful answers Koemma got in response to his new mission. But one answer summed up what everyone was thinking- WHAT!!!????

"Yes it is. Iumae is a black kitsune, in a human body." The picture of a black haired, red eyed kitsune with a scar under her left eye appeared. She had gray kitsune ears with black tips and a tail that matched. She was wearing a dark blue tunic with black pants under. She was beautiful but there was something terrifying about her that no one could place. "Her partner's name is Ajo and he's a tiger demon." The picture changed and a blondish brown haired demon appeared. He was wearing black pants with an orange and white sleeve less shirt with a red jacket. He could have passed for human if it wasn't for his gold eyes, one hidden under his hair. (A/N: think Trowa from Gundam).

"If the kitsune is in a human body can you show us what her human form looks like?" Asked Kurama. He was pretty sure he had seen Iumae before. He just couldn't remember where.

"No." Konenma looked very embarrassed.

"Why…." If you listened carefully to Hiei's voice you would have picked up the hint of a threat.

"Because no demon has ever seen their human forms."

"Great your sending us on a mission, after some one we, 1) don't know what they look like, 2) why their wanted!!" Yusuke yelled.

"Do you plan on telling us why they are wanted?" Asked Kuwabara.

"Amazing Kuwabaka said something intelligent."

"Shut up shrimp!"

"Make me." Kuwabara lunged at Hiei who gracefully and quickly dodge the blow.

"Is that all you can do? Even after all that training?" Kuwabara lunged again before Kuramra and Yusuke broke it up.

"Well why are we after them."

"Thieves, murders, and the fact the recently broke into the Rekai's most secure vault right under the guards noses."

"Been done." Hiei said. "I broke into it with Kurama."

"Not really, that's one of the most secure vaults." This got everyone's attention. The artifacts of darkness were powerful, but if they weren't worth putting in the most secure vault these items had to possess terrible power.

"What's in this vault?"

"The Nightmare Pearl and the Soul Blade."

~So tempted to end it here. But I know you all want more so on with the story!~

"The Nightmare Pearl?" Everyone looked confused and skeptical.

"And that is…." Yusuke waited for the answer looking more and more lost by the second.

"It's an object that can trap you in your worst nightmare. Everything in this nightmare becomes real, pain, injury, even death. What makes it more terrible is that the person armed with the pearl can control your nightmare." Koenma stated.

"You actually DIE!!!!" Yelled Yusuke he didn't plan to die AGAIN anytime soon."

"Yes you do but to make it worse, you're soul will become trapped in the nightmare until the wielder lets your soul go."

No one was happy about that. Actually dieing and staying in a pearl until one of those criminals decided to let you go? They could leave you there forever if they wanted to. Everyone paled as different forms of this thought passed through their heads.

"The other item….." asked Kurama. Hoping it wasn't as terrible as the first one.

"The Soul Blade?"

"Yeah, that one what is it?" asked Kuwabara.

"It's a blade of some kind hint its name baka!" Snapped Hiei.

"No fighting!" Kurama and Yusuke yelled as they jumped in between the two before something could get started.

"Hn."

"Grrrr…"

Koenma cleared his throat for attention. After Hiei and Kuwabara were done shooting death glares all eyes turned to him. "As I was about to say before you two," He glared at Hiei and Kuwabara interrupted me. "The Soul Blade is a katana made by a shadow demon named Lazu. His swords were legendary often housing great power."

"Pacifier Breath, I didn't come here for a lecture. I came to get information about these two thieves and the items they stole."

"I'm just giving you some background information! And don't call me that!!! I can have to dead again in seconds Yusuke!"

"If the sword is so important why don't we just ask Lazu for who it was made for." Hiei said. It was common sense after all a sword like that had to be made for someone. If the Rekai took his sword he would probably steal it back.

"No can do. Lazu died hundreds of years ago and we can't find his soul."

"Hn."

"Are you gonna tell us what it can do or are we gonna have to guess?"

"Alright already! When the blade cuts you it takes a part of your soul. Through this the wielder of the sword can use the some of the person's abilities to it's maximum. Also even if the sword is taken for them the wielder will KEEP the abilities from the sword "

This shocked them all. If the sword could do this then they would be at a serious disadvantage. No one wanted to be attacked by Kurama's death tree, Hiei's dragon, Yusuke's Sprit Gun, or Kuwabara's Sprit Sword. No one could get hit or hurt. If they got cut and even if it was a drop of blood they were totally screwed.

"So we just have to steal it back?"

"It's not that easy. If the handler gives the sword a bit of his or her own blood, the sword becomes totally loyal to that person, one else can even pick it up."

Silence. Everyone had to take everything that just happened in. It was a lot at once and these items weren't like the ones Kurama and Hiei stole. They were worse, much worse. Kurama stated what everyone was thinking. Weakly he said "If the items could do this on there own. How much damage could they do together?"

R&R