Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Technology ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tee hee. Sorry that it took me so long to update. I'm sorry I left you with a cliffhanger too, I just had a really bad case of writers block so I decided to post what I had. Anyway, thank you for the reviews, they are very appreciated. As some of you guessed, this will be a romance, kuro/oc, Kurama/oc. and don't worry, I don't write any yaoi or anything like that (no offense intended to those of you who like that.)

I don't own yu yu hakusho, if I did, Kuronue would be in a lot more than he is. ^_^

Chapter 5 Technology

Minai and Saira stepped into the gloomy little shop. Minai peered around the room.

"Hmmm," She said." No sign of Tanara."

Saira picked up a small device from a table and examined it. "How do you work any of this stuff?"

Minai stepped over to her side and looked at the device. She pressed a button and music started blaring. "Ningens call it a 'CD player'."

Saira stared at her friend. Her eyes switched to the 'CD player'. She tucked it into her pack. Minai saw and smiled.

"Oh well, we'll just have to borrow what we need," Minai said, picking up four walkie-talkies. She smiled.

Saira smiled a little half-heartedly. "Yeah, I just hope everything is okay."

*                      &nb sp;                       *                      &nb sp;                       &nb sp;                       *

Kuronue ducked, dodging behind a tree. An arrow hit the bark on the other side a moment later. Kuronue gripped his scythe tighter. He was getting really sick of this.

He moved out from behind the tree, his scythe ready. His eyes quickly scanned for his assailants. Where…? An arrow forced him to move. Either more than one person was attacking him, or his opponent was very fast.

Kuronue waited for the next arrow. He dodged it and threw his scythe at where it had come from. He kept a bit of the gossamer cord that was attached to the scythe in his hand. There was a strange ripping sound and Kuronue felt his scythe hit something. He pulled back on the cord, hoping it was his opponent's throat he had cut. He caught the slim handle of the scythe and looked at the thick blood that dripped off it. From the amount of blood that stained the metal blade, his attacker must be dead.

An arrow flew out of nowhere. Only a quick move kept the small weapon from going into his heart. As it was, the arrow dug deeply into his shoulder. Kuronue gritted his teeth and wrenched the arrow out.

Kuronue threw his scythe again, and felt it hit, as before. When he drew it back, the blade was covered in even more blood. Kuronue held I carefully, ready to strike. His eyes searched the forest around him for any sign of his attacker. There was no movement. A strange noise met his ears, and it took him a moment to realize it was the natural sounds of the forest. Slowly, Kuronue relaxed. He put his scythe away after cleaning it on the grass. He gripped his wounded shoulder tightly with his free hand and trudged back to camp, deep in thought again. That was just weird. An unknown adversary had attacked him, wounded him, and then disappeared as though the fight had never happened. Something was not right.

Kuronue came into the small camp. Kurama took one look at his bloody shoulder and jumped to his feet.

"Kuronue! What happened?"

Kuronue couldn't help but smile. No matter what had passed between them, Kuronue could always count on Kurama when it came down to it. "It's nothing," Kuronue said.

"What happened?" Kurama repeated.

Kuronue sighed. He was about to relate his story to his friend when Minai and Saira appeared just across the camp from him. The girls took in the sight of Kuronue holding his shoulder, and Kurama's worried look.

"What the heck happened?" both the girls demanded.

Kuronue sighed again and sat down. He told his companions about the attack while Minai bandaged his shoulder. While Kuronue talked, Saira caught sight of Minai's heart charm. The stone in it had turned a curious shade of purple - a shade Saira had never seen before.

"That is strange," Minai said, snapping Saira from her thoughts. "You said you couldn't see who it was?"

Kuronue shook his head slightly, "No, I couldn't get a clear look at anything except leaves and arrows."

For a moment they were silent.

"That means someone's after us," Kurama said quietly, looking at each of his companions meaningfully.

   Okay that's it. Here's a preview of next chapter "Webs and Revelations"

"So you and Kurama have gotten quite close lately, huh?" Minai said.

Saira just smiled, her eyes getting a kind of far away look.

Minai stuck her tongue out, "Bleh! People in love make me sick."

"Excuse me?" Saira blinked.

And this is from later in the chapter:

Minai took a step forward, her hands shaking slightly. She clutched the small staff for dear life as she looked at the giant spider's nest. She glanced at her friends. Saira stood close behind Kurama, both kitsunes looked nervous. Kuronue stood just behind Minai. He also looked worried.

Minai took a deep breath, trying to calm her shaking hands. She hated spiders, she'd been deathly afraid of them since she was little. She wasn't sure she wanted to know what was in that web. Still, she stabbed the nest with the staff.

Kuronue pulled her back quickly as many white things fell from the ruined web. Minai peered at them, letting out a startled yell before hiding her face in Kuronue's chest.

Lying on the floor under the destroyed web, was the bones of humans and demons…

 

That's all next chapter. I'll post it soon, I promise. Please review and tell me what you think. Thanks.

-Fire Gemron-