Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thumbelina... YYH-style ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimers: I do not own YYH and it is a high possibility that you don't either.

Author's Notes: Ok… this is my first fanfic so there's bound to be lots of room for

improvement. Please review or email your opinions to me...

onegai!! ^_^

Ideas and constructive criticism are welcomed; flames will be

laughed at.

v Dialogue is in "…"

v Thoughts are in Italics

Chapter 1

Once upon a time, in some dark, obscure part of Makai, There lived a lady named Mukuro.

She was a (rarely) nice, gentle (when she's not kicking youkai butt) and (never) mild-mannered woman who lived in a nice, cheerful, little… fortress. -_-;;

She had almost everything she wanted but was not content, for there was one thing she greatly desired and which she did not have: she wanted a child. In those days, it was customary for rulers of the Makai to appoint a successor and Mukuro simply could not trust any of her subordinates. For all she knew, her heir may just decide to overthrow her in his/her eagerness to ascend the throne… a child of her own would definitely be less treacherous and easier to control. But alas! She had none. (Mainly because she had no mate in the first place.)

Of course, she did not wallow in self-pity; the relative peace in Makai would be shattered if the three rulers of Makai did not maintain the delicate balance of power between them. So she set out to pay a visit to the famous fairy Botan who had the ability of blessing women with children.