Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ties of Blood ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiei sat in his tree, glaring up at the night sky. He had gotten stuck with guard duty, and he wasn't to happy about it. He glanced down as he heard rustling, and saw Peliqua walking towards the tree he was in.
"So I guess you ain't happy with the arrangements either, eh sparky?" the wolf demon said, smirking at the scowl she recieved for the nickname she had given him.
"Hn." Hiei turned over to face away from her. He heard movement, and looked over his shoulder to see Peliqua sitting on the ground, her tail wrapped around her waist and her arms crossed over her chest.
"Why are those demons after you?" he asked. He saw her ears droop slightly.
"I don't know." Peliqua said. I don't know why my brothers want me dead . she added mentally. Hiei heard her thoughts.
"Your brothers are the ones after you?" Peliqua looked up and glared at the vertically challenged fire demon.
"It's not important. They aren't really my brothers anyway. They are merely shadows of something that has been gone for a long time. I know it's not them, I watched my brothers die when I was a pup. So unless they've somehow been resurected, it's not them." The girl turned away from him, and Hiei took his chance to go through her memories. Removing the ward he kept over his Jagan, he opened the third eye. He began going through her past. She had tld the truth about her brothers dying. He saw everything that happened to her, from her brothers being killed to her pack being slaughtered. But another thing he saw surprised him.
"You had the chance to kill them. Why didn't you do it?" Peliqua turned and glared at him.
"Stay out of my thoughts." she growled, her voice promising pain if he didn't listen.
"Hn." Peliqua growled and reached for her katana, but just as she put her hand on the sheath, she stopped.
"damn fire demon." she muttered, before getting up and running off.Hiei stayed where he was. For a moment ther was silence, then...
"Get the hell off of me!!!!" Hiei flitted off to find her, and found her not far away, being pinned to the ground by some one.
'I am so sorry Peliqua-chan!" the person scrambled off of the girl, and Hiei recognized the person as Kuwabara.
"What are you doing here baka?" Hiei growled, angry that he had gotten worried over nothing. Worried? i wasn't worried! he yelled mentally.
"Maria called me. She said she had gotten some clothes for Peliqua, but needed some one to bring them to her. Maria didn't have enough time, and she said she wanted these given to Peliqua tonight." the idiot said, handing the wolf demon a bag. Peliqua sniffed at the items that were in it. She wrinkled her nose as she saw what was down at the bottom.
"That damn vixen got me one of those ugly ass uniforms..." Kuwabara handed her a piece of paper.
'Maria said to give this to you." Kuwabara said.
'I gotta go. Oh and Urameshi said he'd take tommorrow's shift." Kuwabara said, then turned and walked away. Peliqua glanced at the peice of paper and her face pale face turned re with anger.
'If that baka thinks i'm going to go to some ningen school, she obviously doesn't know what she's thinking!" the enraged wolf demon ripped the paper to shreds. She sat down on the ground and sulked. no way in hell am i gonna go to that damn school! At least she made sure the skirt was long. He smirked at the wolf's behavior, then jumped into a tree.