Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ Two Thieves ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A dark figure hid in the concealing foliage of the trees. It was the thief girl, Kei, who was ranked the second most-wanted thief in all of Makai. King Yama didn't even try punishing her for her crimes because he had another thief to deal with. Youko Kurama. He was ranked the most-wanted thief in all of Makai. This Youko was in the way of her dream, becoming the most honored thief in the thieves' guild. Kei was planning her next illegal act while she was sharpening one of her throwing knives. "What would Youko Kurama steal at a time like this: The Youkai war?"

This was a war between the most powerful youkai and the others. Apparently, some of the most powerful youkai in Makai have decided to band together and take over Makai. Of course, none of the royals joined this group. Every civil youkai, except the young, were to fight in this all-out war. Everybody thought "This is all or nothing". That's the way the stupid and weak youkai thought when the demon world was in a civil war.

Suddenly, an idea came to Kei's mind. It was only logical for Youko Kurama to go after the most powerful and harmful of youkai weaponry. Kei instantly jumped from the tree branch and jumped from rooftop to rooftop, heading for the place that sheltered the Element Sword. ~*~*

Youko was well hidden in his hiding spot, a dark alleyway in the southern region of Makai. He poked his silver haired head out from the alley, but only just enough so the top of his head and his eyes were visible. He saw a bunch of guards in front of the museum that displayed the Element Sword. He felt a weak spirit energy coming from them. It seems that the royals were expecting Youko to steal the Element Sword at a time like this. He smirked and thought "The royals are becoming soft. It's like they want me to steal that sword. Well, this is an invitation that I'm going to accept with gratitude."

Youko summoned some vines and pierced the hearts of the guards. Luckily, nobody was around to witness this catastrophe. Youko disintegrated the bodies so there would be no evidence. Then, he crept into the museum with the light-footedness of a cat. He killed every guard he came across until he reached his destination, the Element Sword. He used his vines to unlock and open the case, when suddenly. The Element Sword began to float through the air! He felt a great spirit energy coming from behind him. He turned and found that a girl was using black magic to manipulate the sword. She had black hair and fiery red bangs. Her eyes were red-orange, eyes of a fire demon. She wore a torn, halfway tank and black baggy pants. There was a bandage that covered her stomach. Only a little blood stained a part of her ribs. He was stunned when the girl glanced at him. He could not move as the sword floated through the air and into the girl's arms. She winked at him, turned around, and left the building, sword clutched in her hand. When she was at the gates of the museum courtyard, she withdrew her paralization field from the building. She smirked and thought to herself "I've done it! I've beaten Youko Kurama in stealing the most powerful of youkai weaponry. Now I am the most-wanted thief in all of Makai. Now. My life as a true outcast has begun!" ~*~*