Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Tossed and Found: REVERSED! ❯ Chapter 3: Hiei's First Booboo ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Tossed and Found: Reversed


Rating: PG
Pairing: None
Summary: In a world where Hiei wins a game of Go-Fish and somehow manages to lose at the same time. Let's follow him as he attempts to raise a baby Kurama.
Disclaimer: Not Mine




Chapter 3: Hiei's First Booboo


It had been going on for too long, Hiei decided. That stupid Kitsune had been hiding in his hair for three days straight and it was about time it came out! So, knowing that it was going to be a bad idea, the fire Youkai flitted to the nearest pond and dunked his head under the water. Moments later, the Kitsune let go and drifted towards the surface of the lake like an almost drowned... Kitsune.

"AHH! Stupid Kitsune!" Hiei scooped up the sodden bundle of fur and dumped it on the bank. "Breathe dammit!" He instructed the kit. "Sure as hell I'm not giving you the kiss of life."

The Kitsune didn't move, except for the fact that its mouth fell open slightly.

Hiei glowered at it and leaned closer... only to get spit on by the apparently not-drowned-Kitsune. "Why you little..."

"Tree!" the little fox giggled after returning to its humanoid form. It lifted its arms up as though wanting to be cuddled.

Hiei crossed his arms. "I'm not picking you up, you... crafty little bugger."

The Kitsune pouted, golden eyes filling with tears as his fuzzy ears dropped noticeably.

Hiei glared. "Don't give me that look. I'm not your father; crocodile tears don't work on me."

The tears began trickling down the chubby little face and a few sniffles were all it took to melt Hiei's heart.

Hiei patted the Kitsune gently. "Fine then, but only until the next town."

Eight towns later, Hiei still couldn't think of a way to get rid of the little parasite. Nothing from running away to sneaking away worked.

He finally settled for just yelling at the little booger and walking away.

"Tree!" Kurama called, frantically waddling after Hiei.

Hiei sighed and squatted down. "Listen twerp. I can't take you with me. I've got too many people out to kill me."

"Tree!" Kurama blubbered, attaching himself to Hiei's leg.

Hiei gave the child an awkward pat. "Look, I wouldn't be that great of a father anyway. I mean, my mother dropped me off a cliff for crying out loud! Things would be a lot better for you if you found someone else to attach to." He paused in his half-hearted attempt to remove the Youko as something occurred to him. "And what's with calling me "Tree"?" Hiei asked, renewing his attempts to remove his leg-warmer. "My name is HIEI! Hi---ei."

The Youko wobbled slightly, its grip tightening on Hiei's leg. "Tree?"

Hiei sighed. "Yeah, whatever." He began walking away, noting that the Youko had once again shifted to his fox-aspect and was prancing happily after him.

It was only after fifty yards that Hiei began to feel something was wrong. He instinctively reached back for his katana......only to find that it wasn't there. "Shimatta!" he swore, preparing to fireball the source of his ill feeling.

"TREE!" The Youko cried, suddenly in his humanoid-aspect. Hiei heard the whistling of his katana and instantly whirled. Somebody was trying to kill his Youko?! Not on Hiei's watch!

"MATTE! When did that happen?" He yelled, seeing that the pilferer of his sword was none other than the tiny kit. "Why you little kleptomaniac!!! I outta - hey wait... you could be useful..."

He knelt down next to the kit, prying the hilt from the Youko's grasp. "Here's rule number one when living with me: Don't touch the sword."

"Tree!" The Youko beamed, not relinquishing his hold on the katana. For a kit, he had an amazingly strong grip.

At long last, katana recovered, Hiei balanced the kit on his shoulder. "You need a name. I like the name: 'Twerp.' It has a nice ring to it." The Youko pounded his tiny fists on Hiei's arm, leaving no damage what-so-ever.

"Krrrrrrrrama!" He trilled proudly, climbing back into Hiei's hair.

Hiei sighed and resigned his head to being a nest. "Fine. "Twerp" "Kurama" it doesn't matter to me." Although, he looked strangely put out that he couldn't call the thing "twerp".

"Tree." Kurama purred peacefully before switching to fox form and curling up in an adorable ball of fluff

Hiei had to forcefully remind himself that he was a scary demon, and that he couldn't melt into a puddle because of Kurama's cuteness. Instead, he went off to kill somebody he didn't know... just for larks.....and then melt. Preferably somewhere uninhabited


===


Hiei awoke the next morning to the unforgettable sensation of a tiny Kitsune paw being jammed into his Jagan eye. He screamed in pain while the tiny kit demanded over and over: "Up, Tree, UP!"

However, Hiei didn't hear the "up Tree, up!" part, because he was still... screaming in agony. "AEIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

Kurama looked concerned. "Booboo?" He asked, poking the Jagan with renewed strength. He stopped after a moment and just stared.

"AEIIIIII!" Hiei continued to scream, clutching his Jagan, even though the pain had long since vanished.

Kurama toddled closer. "Booboo, Tree?" He looked ready to cry. And cry he did, because one: he was hungry. Two: Hiei was still screaming and three: ...he was hungry.

He settled for gnawing on Hiei's leg for attention, hoping either to get a decent meal, or at least convince Hiei to stop screaming and find him something to eat.

"OWOWOWOWOWOW!!" Hiei began screaming again, doing something akin to the Chicken Dance in order to get Kurama off of his leg. It didn't work.

Kurama giggled happily, burbling nonsensical sounds that probably translated to something along the lines of: "Dance, Tree! Dance!" Although it could have been something like: "Penguino!" Either way, Hiei continued dancing.

Twenty minutes later Hiei finally stopped moving as he realized that Kurama was no longer on his leg, but instead tucking into a nice meal of raw and bloody rabbit.

Hiei blinked in confusion. "Hunh?"

"Tree! EAT!" Kurama cried happily, pointing to the pile of dead quail next to his rabbit. "Food!" The Kitsune bounced happily, still gnawing contently on his bloody and raw rabbit flesh. A few flecks of blood somehow managed to hit Hiei's cheek and he suddenly realized just how hungry he really was.

And he dove for the quail with a cry of: "MMMM! Meat!"


==================================


Hiei: why are you calling me Tree?

Kurama: TREE! *glomps*


Hiei: *runs away *








AN> REVIEW!