Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Ello everyone! umm... ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kitty woke up to a vibration against her right leg, a rising sun streaming in through the window across from her bed, and the sound of birds chirping. Wait…birds chirping, rising sun? She groggily opened her eyes as she reached deep within her pocket and pulled out a cell phone, it was a bit difficult from the covers that were covering her.

`Wait…since when did Kurama's couch have covers?' Kitty thought to herself as she sat up flipping the top of her phone and putting it to her ear. She glanced around the area to find that she was secure in the guest room sitting in the bed.

"Hello…" Kitty stated into the phone, it sounded as though it wasn't even a question.

"Ello? Kitty? It ish Heather…" Heather's voice rang through her ear. "'Morning?"

"Sure…Ello…what do you want?" She asked as she reached up and rubbed some of the sleep away from her eyes.

"Er, well…I was just wondering how you were doing that's all…"

"Oh, I'm fine you just woke me up is all…"

"Oops…gomen…" Heather said sounding a bit apologetic.

"No, it's alright…anything else?"

"Er…yeah, I wanted to know if you were coming over because well I said in the message why."

`Guess she doesn't know that it had cut off…' "Heather the message cut out…so I don't know…"

"Oh…well because well, I don't want to be here with Yusuke and Hiei alone…I don't think they like me all that much."

Yusuke could be heard in the background yelling out for Heather to get off the phone.

"Sounds like fun…"

"You know it…so um, yeah if you want then come over." There was sarcasm in her voice as though she was fake being happy to be out of spirit world.

"Alright I'll talk to you later then?"

"Mhmm…. Bai, bai!" With that there was an urgent click of the phone was heard and the call ended. Kitty closed her phone and reached over placing it on the table beside the bed.

`Well, I guess she is having…fun…' She flung the blankets back and got out of bed. The carpet felt warm against her feet as she padded over to the dresser and pulled out her outfit for the day. Kitty hurriedly put on purple plaid Capri's with crossing straps in the back and a black shirt with a purple outline of a rose on the front. Slipping on socks she rushed for the door but as soon as she touched the doorknob the door flung open and smacked her straight in the face.

`Holy…' She stumbled back and, with cat like reflexes, reached up and covered over her forehead where the door had hit.

"Oh, Kitty are you alright?" The familiar and concerned voice of Kurama hit her ears as the door struck the wall and she tilted her head to look at him simply nodding her head.

"Yeah…I'm fine…" Kitty replied rubbing her forehead as she walked past him into the hall and headed for the door. Kurama followed behind her looking a bit dumbstruck as to where she was headed.

Kitty stopped rubbing her head when she reached the door and sat down starting to put on her shoes.

"Where are you going?" Kurama asked as he reached the door and stood in front of it. A little voice known as Youko was telling him to watch her, telling him to not let her leave alone.

"I was going to go and see how Heather, Hiei and Yusuke were doing. Wants to comes?" She answered back as she started to tie her shoes.

"Alright…" Kurama then started to put on his shoes at a bit of a quicker pace then Kitty.

When they were both done they walked out of the house, locking the door on the way, and headed for Yusuke. The streets and sidewalks were less crowded this morning making it easier for the two to stay together. There was a brisk air blowing around them as they strolled down the sidewalk, Kurama in the lead.

"How much longer?" Kitty asked in a whiney sort of way.

"Not much farther…" Kurama assured her and the two of them carefully crossed the road. They weaved through the crowd that was gradually starting to increase until they arrived at an apartment building. There were several windows lining all sides as well as hallways for people to reach their homes.

Kitty gazed over the building before they began to walk up stairs, Kurama ahead of her. Shortly after walking, they walked down an open hallway and stopped at a door. Yelling could be heard from the inside, one voice Heather's and the other's Yusuke's.

`That doesn't sound good…' Kitty reached up and knocked on the door and a few seconds later was greeted by a rather grumpy looking Hiei, an emotionless facial expression.

"Hn." He simply stated and stepped aside, allowing Kurama and Kitty to walk past and they followed the yelling.

"Think they will end up killing one another?" Kitty whispered to no one in particular.

"They have been yelling at one another ever since Yusuke woke up." Hiei said. Kurama looked through a doorway where the noise was loudest just in time to see Heather erupt into flames of different shades of red, black, and gray. Yusuke's eyes had widened when he saw this.

"What are you doing?" He demanded but then noticed Kitty, Kurama, and Hiei all standing in the doorway. He pointed a finger at the standing flames that looked like they were coming from his floor. "What is she doing?"

"That would be her changing forms…" Kitty answered.

"As in turning into her kitsune form?" Kurama asked looking to Kitty who nodded her head. After only a few more seconds the flames died down and there Heather was with black ears and a black tail, fangs, and even claws, she was glaring at Yusuke.

"Don't yell at me, it's not my fault that you have male PMS today." She said crossing her arms. Heather turned and looked away from a death glaring Yusuke and stared at Kitty, a wide grin now forming on her face. With a blink of an eye she was hugging her friend tightly.

"Kitty! You came today!" Kitty was losing breath rather quickly from the sudden tight hug and tried to pry away from Heathers grasp. Eventually she let go.

"Yep I did!" Both of them beamed at one another as grumbling could be heard from Yusuke while Kurama and Hiei looked at the group.

Kitty looked over at Yusuke and then looked at Heather, "Mind explaining that little argument?"

Heather looked at Kitty then back to Yusuke and then to Kitty and both of them shook their head.

"Just Yusuke acting like an ass." Heather sighed. Yusuke glared more at her then lunged at her. Heather's eyes widened and quickly her and Hiei, who was standing behind her, both stepped to the right as Yusuke skid head first into the hall way.

`I guess I just came at a bad time into this fight…' Kitty thought.

`Hn, try living with it for the past two hours and part of the night.' Hiei said in her head causing her to look over at him.

"Er, maybe we all need to get out of this place…you know a place where we can get away fr-" But Kitty was caught off from a beeping noise that came from Yusuke's table. Every one looked over at a communicator that was buzzing on the tabletop.

"I'll, um, answer that…" Kurama said with a glance at Yusuke who was lifting himself up off of the floor. He strolled over and picked up the machine, flipping the top up.

"Yusuke?" A bubbly voice was heard from the communicator, it sounded like a happy, go lucky voice.

"No, Botan this is Kurama." Kurama replied with a smile and a sweat drop.

"Oh yes, sorry Kurama, but Koenma said that he wished for me to check up on you all, so how are you doing?"

Kurama looked over at Yusuke who was glaring at the back of Heather's head while Hiei looked at Heather through the corner of his eye.

`Wait…Botan, wasn't that he girl that designed that hell of a room to be all…pink?' A small shudder made it's way up Kitty's spine from the image of that so-called room and she sprinted over snatching the communicator.

"Oh yes Botan we are just wonderful!" Kitty said in a happy cheery voice, as she looked into the communicator to see a blue haired girl with happy, go lucky eyes that didn't really hold a single care or sadness in them.

"Oh, why hello, you must be Kitty!" She said with a wave on the small screen.

"Oh yes!" Kitty voice was just dripping with sarcasm though Botan didn't seem to catch onto it. Heather snickered a little when she caught on to the fact that Kitty was being completely sarcastic.

"Are you sure that you are all getting along?" Botan asked. Kitty simply nodded her head.

"Oh yes, you know we should all get together and show you how much we are getting along!"

"That sounds like a grand idea! We can go shopping and get you all new clothes!" Botan said with a completely new sense of enthusiasm.

"Sounds like fun! What time? And where, oh I am so excited!" The fakeness in her voice was so identifiable by now.

"How about the mall, they have such great stores there and so much to see and find, and why not in an hour, oh I am so happy!" Botan smiles greatly into the communicator as the both agreed and Kitty slammed the top of the phone like device with an evil, as though menacing laugh. Every one inched away from her, all but Hiei that is.

"Okay Kitty, what are you planning?" Heather asked her friend.

"Yes you don't seem like the type to want to go shopping with Botan…"

"Oh nothing…just a little bit of pay back for the pretty pink princess room." She said as she walked over to Yusuke, took his hand placing the communicator in it, and dropping his hand.

Heather got an evil grin as she was erupted in flames, soon in her human form. "Sounds like fun, fun, fun…" She said as she looked at the boys who were looking at them as though they were crazy.

"This should be fun…" Yusuke said as she followed both girls who were walking for the door talking about a plan of revenge against the happy ferry girl.

"She's too happy to be the grim reaper…" Kitty muttered.

"I don't think that any one should be that happy." Heather added. Hiei and Kurama walked after the group of three out of the door and stood beside both girls.

"I'm not going…you all can go…" Hiei muttered as he started to walk in the opposite direction of the stairs.

"Aw, come on Hiei! Don't you want to go to the mall with us?" Kitty asked in an innocent tone.

"Hn, no…" He muttered. Kitty looked over at Heather for a bit of help in persuading the little fire demon.

"We can get sweet snow!" Heather yelled in a bribing like voice and within seconds Hiei was walking with the group headed for the mall.