Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Two Missions ❯ Two New Missions ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Me: Yay! Another story!

Yusuke & Kuwabara: BOOO!!

Me: *twitch* Show some support or I'll make this into a shonen-ai with you as the stars

Yusuke & Kuwabara: O.O

Me: Well...where is the support?

Yusuke & Kuwabara: *clap*

Me: ^_^ I don't own YYH, only the idea

_<*>_<*>_<*>_

Two New Missions


Chapter 1 - Two New Missions


"What the hell do you want toddler?" asked an obviously annoyed boy teenager with slicked back black, wearing green uniform. His question was directed at a toddler sitting behind the desk. "I told you that I wasn't going to do any more cases, unless it's world ending, until the school reopened." The teenager shouted at the toddler. Four figures behind him were watching the scene like it was an everyday occurrence. The tallest was a teenager boy wearing a blue uniform and had a orange Elvis hair style. On his right was a boy with long red hair and deep green eyes, and a girl with powder blue hair and magenta eyes. On the left in a corner trying to look like he had nothing to do with this group was a boy with gravity defying hair and piercing red eyes.

"Well Yusuke, considering it's your fault the school closed in the first place..." the toddler was interrupted by Yusuke.

"Hey, that's not my fault. The stupid teacher told me to mix chemicals. It's all his fault." Yusuke said trying to defend himself. The four figures sweat dropped.

"Actually Yusuke, you mixed the ones he told you not to mix." Said the boy with orange hair. Yusuke glared at him while the girl and red head boy snickered.

"If the damn teacher would've told me what would happen, I wouldn’t have been tempted to mix them. So it's all his fault Kuwabara." Yusuke said snarling at Kuwabara.

"Why am I not surprised?" said the girl trying hard not to laugh.

"Shut up Botan." Yusuke said resisting to hit her on the head.

"Is there a reason you called us here Koenma?" The red head boy asked the toddler.

"At least Kurama doesn't get off track, I have two missions for you." Said Koenma.

"Wait, you expect us to do two missions at once?" Yusuke huffed. He had his arms crossed.

"Don't worry Yusuke, it will be easy to do the two. We're assuming that they are related." said Koenma. "Okay, now go do your missions." He looked at the blank faces in front of him.

"Perhaps you should tell us the missions?" suggested Kurama.

"Yeah, cause you seem to be missing some info between the sentences binky breath." Yusuke said. Koenma twitched, he didn't like to be corrected or criticized. He cleared his throat.

"Your first mission is to bring a demon to Makai. The demon seems to be hiding among the humans." Koenma said.

"Got any information on the demon?" the boy with red eyes asked. The mission with the demon caught his interest.

"Unfortunately no Hiei. We don't even know how it got Nigenkai or what he looks like." said Koenma.

"So we're going to a mission blind." said Yusuke not liking this.

"Not totally." said Koenma. "We know the demon is in this area." A large screen came down from the ceiling. It showed a map of the world. It then zoomed in on the United States, it continued to zoom in until it came to a town by Lake Superior. "This is were you'll go to find the demon."

"...That's great....except none of us speak English, how are we suppose to get by." Yusuke said twitching.

"That's why I'm giving you these." Koenma held out his hand. In his palm were four thin silver rings. "These rings give the wearer the ability to speak and read all languages. Just put one on." explained Koenma. Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara went forward to take one of the rings. Kurama picked up the forth and tossed it to Hiei. Hiei caught it, even though he didn't need one because of his third eye.

"Now, what about this second mission you want us to do at the same time as the first." asked Yusuke.

"All of you need to protect this human girl." said Koenma. The screen that showed the town changed to show a picture of a girl with wavy blonde hair a couple of inches below her shoulder. Her eyes were a green/blue mixture. "Her name is Emily Rosewood."

"I volunteer to protect the girl." interrupted Yusuke.

"I'll help Urameshi protect her." said Kuwabara. Everyone else sweat dropped at the boys.

"Uh... you four don't need to split up." said Koenma. "Because this is where she lives." The screen once again showed the town by Lake Superior.

"Looks kinda familiar." said Kuwabara.

"That's the same town you moron." said Yusuke.

"I knew that." shouted Kuwabara to Yusuke.

"Why do we need to protect her?" asked Kurama.

"She is a descendant of a extremely powerful miko. This miko made enemies with several demons, the demons decided to curse the miko's family line. If demon blood were to ever enter the family line, the child would be a full demon and would be born as a S-class demon. Luckily she is the only one in the family with this curse." explained Koenma.

"So, if she ever has a kid with a demon..." Yusuke said before trailing off.

"It could easy beat Yusuke if by the age of five if the child was properly trained." stated Koenma. Everyone shuddered except Hiei.
"Luckily, the family managed to counter the curse slightly." Koenma continued, "In order for this to happen, it must be a full-fledged demon. And since there is a demon in the same area as her, it is alarming."

"So we need to keep the demon away from her at all costs right." said Yusuke.

"And because we don't know where the demon is hiding." Koenma paused. The spirit detectives stared at him curiously. Koenma nervously cleared his throat. "...You are...going to have to be around her as much as you can."

"Will and can do." Yusuke said with a extremely perverted smirk. Yusuke paused for a moment. "Wait, do we have to go to school with her?"

"Of course..." Koenma said.

"WHAT THE HELL KOENMA?!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO A FREAKING MISSION WHILE GOING TO SCHOOL AT THE SAME TIME!!!" Yusuke starting to rant at the top of his lungs. "I'M NOT GOING TO DEAL WITH DAMN TEACHERS!!!"

"Yusuke..." Botan started. Yusuke was still ranting, so Botan made her oar appear and hit Yusuke in the head with it.

"OW!!" Yusuke yelped as he fell over from the hit. His head made a spectacular thud when it hit the floor. Yusuke just lied the for a moment. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT BOTAN?!!" He shouted as he jumped up and got in Botan's face.

"I WOULDN'T NEED TO HIT YOU, IF YOU WOULDN'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS!!!" Botan screamed right back.

"Huh?" was all that Yusuke could say. Everyone but him sweat dropped.

"As I was beginning to say Yusuke." Koenma started talking again. "Of course not, because U.S. schools are out for the summer."

"Alright!!" Yusuke exclaimed, totally forgetting about the last five minutes. "Let's go!!" Koenma made a portal appeared.

"Koenma, we need to come up with an excuse to tell our families why we'll be gone." said Kurama.

"Don't worry it has been taken care of now just go." Koenma responded. When the detectives went throughout the portal, Botan turned to Koenma.

"Koenma I didn't know you had taken care of the reason they'll be gone." said Botan.

"Oh I didn't, I completely forgot to do that." Koenma said. "By the way Botan, come up with an excuse why they'll be gone." Koenma ran out of the room.

"WHAT?!! KOENMA!" yelled Botan as she chased after him.

_<*>_<*>_<*>_


Emily Rosewood was walking, no reason, she just felt like taking a walk around her neighborhood. She glanced at her watch, it said 2:01. 'Hey, I wonder if mom will be home early tonight. She did say she was going to try to, that way she can take me to the library.' She thought with a grin. She had been late all last week and didn't have time to take Emily to the library, and this way she'd be able to check her e-mail on the library computer, since her computer at home was broken. She paused. 'Who's yelling?' She came to a corner and almost ran into a black haired boy.

"S-sorry." said Emily. 'Whoa, that's a lot of gel.' Thought Emily once she got a good look at the boy. There were three other boys behind him. A goofy looking orange head, a gorgeous red head, and a short, surly looking guy with red eyes.

"It's all right." said the gel boy. He was staring at her with surprise, the three other boys were staring at her too. She fidgeted a little, she didn't like being center of attention.

"I'm Yusuke Urameshi." He said as he stuck out his hand for her too shake.

"Okaayy." Emily said, she just ignored his hand and continued to look at him. Yusuke put his hand down as he continued with introductions.

"Behind is Kurama Minamino, he's the red head. The stupid looking one is Kazuma Kuwabara.." said Yusuke.

"Them's fightin words Urameshi." interjected the orange head.

"But we all call him Kuwabara." said Yusuke nonchalantly. " And the short guy is Hiei Jaganshi." He yelped as Kuwabara jumped on Yusuke. They began fighting. Kurama stepped forward to talk to Emily.

"It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss uh...." said Kurama. Emily wasn't paying attention to the red head.

"Um...Shouldn't you...uh...stop them?" asked Emily sweat dropped as she looked at the two boys fighting.

"They'll stop soon enough." assured Kurama. "They do this quite often."

"Maybe they'll kill each other this time." Hiei growled. He wanted something to die since he was going to be living among humans for the summer.

Emily looked at Hiei, took a step away from the short guy, before looking back at Kurama.

"By the way, can you tell us where Cain road is, we seem to be a little lost." He asked. Kuwabara and Yusuke were still brawling on the ground. Emily raised an eyebrow at Kurama.

"Why do you want to know?" she asked.

"We're moving into a house on that road." replied Kurama. Emily gave him a look.

"You're new here?" Emily asked. Kurama nodded his head. "Huh, that's kind of weird."

"Oh, how so?" asked Kurama. Yusuke walked over dusting off his clothes, Kuwabara was knocked out on the ground.

"Um...Is he okay?" Emily asked as she pointed towards the black and blue figure.

"Yeah, he gets knocked out all the time." said Yusuke. Emily sweat dropped.

"Uhh...Okaayy" Emily said, she wasn't sure how to respond to Yusuke's answer.

"Why is it weird for us to be new?" asked Kurama trying to get her attention back to the topic.

"Because most people move away from here, why are you moving here?" answered Emily.

"Because it's...uh...good place for us to conduct a research project." Kurama said coming up with a quick reason.

"What kind of research are you doing?" Emily asked.

"A research that's top secret." said Yusuke. Emily gave him a look that said she obviously didn't believe. Kurama and Hiei glared at Yusuke.

"What?" asked Yusuke.

"Actually we're doing research for our university on botanical forms in the north mid-west." Kurama finished.

"You're all college students." said Emily as she gave a look at Yusuke and the still unconscious Kuwabara.

"What?" asked Yusuke again, not backing up the lie Kurama had just made up.

"Uh...I'm Emily Rosewood." Emily said, not knowing what else to say.

"We know." said Kuwabara as he was getting up from being unconscious.

"What?! How do you know?" Emily questioned Kuwabara.

"Er...He didn't know, he was...was..." Yusuke said as he was trying to come up with an excuse. Kurama saved him.

"He was just talking gibberish, he does that when he is just waking up." Kurama said trying to cover up Kuwabara's mistake.

"Okaayy." Emily didn't sound convinced and gave the boys a suspicious look. "Cain road is that way." She pointed in a random direction, then she started walking towards the town. She wanted to ask the only real estate agency if someone just moved on Cain road. She sighed, since she was going to take the-longer-but-more-people route because she didn't want to take a chance if strangers are around. She didn't see the guys glaring at Kuwabara, with the exception of Hiei. Hiei glared at Emily's back, he blamed her for him being here.


_<*>_<*>_<*>_


Emily was walking back from the real estate office. They confirmed that a house had just been bought on Cain by four boys fitting the description of the strangers she'd meet earlier. 'Kinda feel guilty for sending them in a random direction now.' She was rounding a corner when she ran into someone.

"Oof" Emily said as she went down.

"Sorry about that." said a male voice. Emily flinched and looked. She had ran into Yusuke again, Kuwabara and Kurama were right behind him.

"It's okay." Emily muttered. Yusuke held out his hand to help her up, but she ignored it and brushed herself off as she stood up. "Did you find Cain road okay?" She asked them.

"We had a little trouble with the oh-so-detailed directions you gave us." Yusuke said sarcastically. "But we found it eventually."

"That's good." Emily said, completely ignoring the comment made by Yusuke. She started walking toward her house, the three boys walked behind her.

"Miss Rosewood?" asked Kurama.

"What?" snarled Emily. She didn't know why, but for some reason she didn't like these boys. Kurama was startled by her reaction, he wasn't used to snarled at by human girls.

"Have a good afternoon." said Kurama, deciding he wasn't going to ask Emily his original question. Emily's face blushed in embarrassment because she had been rude.

"Oh...yeah. You too." She said in a meek voice. She walked until for about 5 minutes before dashing home. She opened the front door and slammed it shut when she was in the house. "Those guys make me nervous." She said to no one in particular.


_<*>_<*>_<*>_

"I'm thinking she doesn't like us." said Kuwabara.

"Maybe it's because she's not used to strangers, after all this a somewhat small town." Kurama said.

"Well she's just gonna have to get used to us being around her." Yusuke said. They had been following her home. Far enough away so she wouldn't notice, but close enough where they could keep an eye on her. They walked past her house, to the one they were staying at that was less than a mile away, from there, they had a good view of her house.

"Hiei, have you been able to locate any demons?" Kurama asked to one of the many trees that was by their house.

"There were demons in the woods not too long ago." Hiei said. He was up in the branches of a large maple tree.

"Don't suppose there are demons there now?" asked Yusuke.

"No dete.." Hiei started, but stopped because anyone with a sixth sense would be able to sense the demonic aura emanating from the woods at this moment.

"Let's go meet this demon and kick his ass back to the demon world." Yusuke said with a smile.

_<*>_<*>_<*>_

Me: Yay! It's done! Please review.