Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 9: Confrontation  

This chapter was annoying to put together, but I did it! I hope you like! * * *

 

Back with the others, Yusuke stirred. He slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes. He looked around, then noticed Kurama.

“Geez! What happened?”

Kuwabara glared at him. “Oh? You don’t know?”

Yusuke frowned. “No, I don’t, Kuwabara. Tell me what happened!”

Kuwabara rolled his eyes.

“Don’t play dumb, Uremeshi, I saw you and what you did to Kurama! And you froze me, too, so I wouldn’t stop you!”

Yusuke blinked.

“Umm… Kuwabara… since when have I been able to freeze you? And since when would I injure one of my friends on purpose?”

Kuwabara glared at him.

“Do you remember what you did in the Human World, Uremeshi? At the park?”

Yusuke closed his eyes, trying to remember.

“Well, I remember that I was sitting on the bench, Kurama came, we talked, you came in, and we yelled at each other, and then next thing I knew, I was at home.”

“That’s all?” Kuwabara asked. “Are you sure?”

“YES, Kuwabara, I’m sure!”

Kuwabara frowned.

“Well, what about in Spirit World?” Kuwabara asked. “What you did there?”

“All I remember is going in to Spirit World, I don’t remember coming here,” Yusuke said.

“What about what you said? ‘Who do you think I am? Karasu?’ remember?”

“I never said that!” Yusuke said. Then he froze.

“Do you think… what I’m thinking?” he asked.

Kuwabara shook his head. “No.”

Yusuke sighed. “I’m thinking, Karasu took over my mind or something and made me do whatever it is you think I did. It would explain why I couldn’t remember anything.”

Kuwabara nodded.

“Yeah, but let’s focus on right now since we figured out the past. Kurama’s been injured, bad. At first I thought it was you, but now hat I think about it, since when do you know how to use bombs?”

Yusuke rolled his eyes.

“So what’s wrong with him?”

“He got hit by bombs on his face, his already injured leg, his shoulder, his back, and his left arm,” Kuwabara said. Yusuke groaned.

“Great, he got three new injuries and both his old ones got hurt again,” he said. “Is he bleeding again?”

Kuwabara nodded. “But just on his leg.”

Yusuke groaned and lay down on his back.

“Now what are we going to do?” he muttered.

“We’re going to help Kurama, and then we’re going to find Hiei!” Kuwabara said.

They heard a whooshing noise, and looked up. There was Botan. Kuwabara tried to smile as she got off her oar.

“So, what’d you call me for?” she asked. Kuwabara looked at Kurama.

Botan’s eyes followed his gaze, and then when she saw Kurama, her eyes grew wide.

“What happened?” she asked anxiously.

“He got into a fight with Karasu, who was in my body,” Yusuke said, a little disgusted at the thought of Karasu in his body.

“What did he do?” Botan asked.

“It was hard to tell, because he was trying to knock me out at the same time,” said Kuwabara. “But I’m sure he got hit by bombs on his face, arm, leg, shoulder and back.”

He then gave a small smile.

“But I’m sure it would have hurt worse than it did if he wasn’t also using energy to keep me still,” he said. “I’m just glad I was there.”

Yusuke was still annoyed at himself for letting himself be taken over so easily.

“I bet Genkai would be so angry at me,” he said softly, just loud enough for Kuwabara and Botan to hear.

“No she wouldn’t, Yusuke,” Botan said. “I don’t know anyone who could shield themselves from Karasu’s mind-control.”

(I’m really not sure if Karasu really can do mind-control, but he can do it for this story.)

Yusuke rolled his eyes. “Yeah, whatever.”

They heard a groan, and looked at Kurama. His eyes opened, and he slowly sat up.

“Kurama! You’re okay!” Botan said happily. Kurama gave a small smile.

“I guess, but I’m sore all over, and I just want to find Hiei,” he said softly.

Botan smiled. “Well, let’s fix that, then.”

They bandaged Kurama’s leg, which had stopped bleeding, put a bandage on his face for the mark there, and wrapped his upper left arm. The only injuries left were his back and shoulder.

“Let’s look at your shoulder,” Yusuke said. “It’s got to have gotten worse after it got hit again.”

He gently lowered Kurama’s sleeve, and shook his head. It looked the same as before, but Yusuke could tell it hurt more. He ripped off a piece of his shirt and wet it in a nearby stream. He gently put it on Kurama’s shoulder. He heard a sharp intake of breath, and took it off. He looked at Kurama. Kurama took a deep breath.

“It’s okay, Yusuke,” he said. “It was just cold, that’s all.”

Yusuke knew it hadn’t been the cold, but he nodded. He wrapped it around Kurama’s shoulder, and then they wondered what to do with his back.

“The only thing I can think of is washing it,” Botan said. “And that won’t do long-term good.”

“Well, let’s just do that so it won’t get infected,” Yusuke said.

Kurama sighed. “You don’t need to do anything, Yusuke.”

Yusuke frowned. “Sure we do! You’re our friend, Kurama!”

“But I’ll be fine even if you don’t do anything. I just want to find Hiei and get this over with.”

“But Hiei is with Karasu!” Botan said. “You mustn’t be going there if you’re injured!”

Kurama sighed and let his friends wash his back. Yusuke wet a piece of Botan’s robe she had ripped off and gently wiped it over Kurama’s back. Kurama winced, but stayed silent. When Yusuke was done, Kurama stood up and put his shirt back on.

“Do you feel okay Kurama?” Botan asked. Kurama nodded.

“Let’s go,” he said quietly.

Yusuke nodded. “C’mon guys.”

Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara continued through the forest, while Botan flew back to Spirit World.

Kurama had no thought for anything other then getting Hiei back. He started walking faster when he thought about what Karasu might have done to him. He didn’t realize that he was leaving his friends behind.

“Kurama!” …… “Kurama, wait up!”

Kurama paused and looked over his shoulder. Yusuke and Kuwabara were so far behind, he could barely see them. He leaned on a tree to wait for them to catch up. After a second, though, he stood straight up again, as he didn’t want to hurt his back.

It seemed to take forever for them to come. Kurama was getting tired very quickly because he didn’t want to lean on anything. After five minutes, though, of standing on his right leg, he was desperate to lean on anything.

He looked around for a tree that he could lean on comfortably. He saw a bent over tree, and smiled. He could sit on it. He went to sit on the tree, but a second before he could, the tree moved upwards, and stood upright.

Kurama didn’t notice, but since he couldn’t sit, he fell to the ground, and his back scraped against the tree.

He gasped and moved away quickly. He looked behind him, and was confused. He didn’t know of any tree that could look like it was dieing, then stand up again. Not in the Makai or the Ningenkai. He stood up, and backed away from the tree, but the tree didn’t go down again. Kurama shrugged and saw another tree that was completely severed from the roots.

He tried to sit on it, but the tree moved to the side, and he felt that feeling of when you try to sit in a chair, only to have it move away, and that odd sense of unbalance. He quickly recovered, and stood up, now feeling a little embarrassed, and a little annoyed.

“Yusuke? Kuwabara? Where are you?” he called, hoping to hear a response.

He heard nothing.

Kurama was now feeling a little nervous. He didn’t like being in the forest, in his human form, without his friends. As Yoko, he was fine. No demons ever bothered Yoko, but humans were a thing that demons liked to have games with, when the human would become dinner if they lost at Hide-and-Seek.

“Guys? Anyone?” he called. Again, he heard no response.

Kurama growled. Why was he acting so helpless? He had his rosewhip, so why should he be scared?

“Hello? Who may you be, if Baldock can ask?” he heard a voice say.

Kurama spun around to see an ugly bat demon hanging upside-down from a tree.

“No… Yusuke killed you… he told me!” Kurama said, trying to look more brave than he felt.

“Yes, but Baldock was resurrected by nice old demon,” Baldock said, baring his fangs.

“And now Baldock is HUNGRY!”

Kurama backed away, preparing for battle. He knew this wasn’t going to be pretty… * * *    

So, what do you think? I know in the manga, Yusuke maybe killed Baldock, but I brought him back because I wanted to.

Also, qtchan, thank you for your reviews. They really have helped.

Review if you wish, peoples!