Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wachful Eyes ❯ Am I just parrinoid? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Watchful Eyes

Have you ever had a feeling? An eerie feeling that wouldn't go away? That prickling sensation on the back of your neck telling you your not as alone as you think? Or the nagging feel in the back of your mind telling you that you're being watched? That your not alone when you were just a second ago? Have you ever been doing something alone and then something happens to make you stop whatever you are doing until someone comes in the room or you turn around and nobody's there? If you have then you're not alone. My name is Nicole Kelly, and this is my story.

It was a not so normal, normal summer afternoon. Not so normal, because of the way I spent it: surfing the web for my favorite anime characters pictures. But it was normal-for me anyway- because I do this all the time. Sometimes, if I find a picture that I find cute, or displays one of my favorite characters in a way that makes them look cool, I would copy and past it onto word. I clicked onto a link: Jin *NEW* . I clicked on it and was happy to find the Wind Master of Yu Yu Hakasho looking as happy and carefree as a child. I squealed in delight and said in a hyper voice "Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin," Over and over again. So much so, in fact, that it sounded as if I was no longer saying `Jin'.

That's when it happened. The feeling that made me stop and sink my arms beside me in the chair and sink down so I could not be seen. I was too terrified of what I might find if I turned around to even move. All I could do was breath. Cautiously I moved my shaking hand up to the mouse. Nothing happened. Still afraid to move, thinking I would anger whoever was behind me, I kept my hand still. But, my dad came in at that exact moment breaking the spell. I almost let out a sigh of relief, but knowing my dad he would ask what the matter was. Instead, I pivoted around in my chair and started petting my cat as along with my father.

I went to bed that night the whole ordeal out of my mind, ready for another day of surfing.