Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When It Really Matters ❯ Darkness is Not Always Evil ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ANS/DPP: Hey guy's sorry about the cliffie in the last chappie. Well this double chapter is to make up for it; this will be over 4 pages long.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except for Rokonya and the four shadows.

To AnonmousHieiFan101: Thank you so so soooooooooooooooooo much for being my one and only reviewer on fanfiction.net that means so much to me. I can't thank you enough.

To Animefreak11: Thanks for being my first reviewer and mediaminer. I almost stopped posting cuz I thought no one liked my story so I will be getting this chapter out sooner rather than later. And again thank you for reviewing cuz it's very important to know someone likes my stories.

START!

Once Hiei left he quickly went to Koenma's office to tell the gang about what had just happened. Once he got there he found only Kurama and Yusuke there along with Koenma of course.

"Hiei, back so soon?" Koenma asked. Kurama looked at Hiei and knew that something had happened. Yusuke was leaning against the wall deep in though.

"I had an encounter with Rokonya." Hiei said plainly.

"You WHAT!!!!!!!!" Koenma screamed, and Kurama looked up now knowing his suspicions where correct. Yusuke did not move from his spot.

"What did she say?" Kurama asked.

"She said that if we tried to stop her she would hit us where it hurt. Our loved ones. She already has Keiko." He said breaking the bad news.

"What?!" Yusuke asked his voice dripping with pure rage.

"It's true she has these minions called the four shadows and one had Keiko." He said.

"Ogre get me any info we have no the four shadows." He said.

"Right away sir." The ogre said scrambling off to complete the task.

"Are you absolutely sure it was Keiko." Yusuke asked.

"Positive." Hiei responded. "She also threatened Kuramas mother, Kuwabara's sister, and my sister." At these words Kurama froze. His mother had been threatened, the only other time it had been done before he was not as frightened. But this girl already had Keiko, unless it was a trap.

"Koenma sir we have some information on the transforming demons and the Four Shadows." The ogre said running into the room with a few old looking books.

"Thank you." Koenma coughed as he opened the books due to the dust that came from the pages. "Oh dear. Listen to this, every 400,000 years a transforming demon with black eyes is born. This demon has the power to control the Four Shadows, or The Four Sides of Death. There is no way to sway them. They can be killed, but it is not known how. Once the transforming demon dies the four shadows return to their point of origin. The Four Shadows are low A class demons. If one is killed and any of the other three remain on of there cousins, The Seventy Demons of The Shadow, will take there place. All seventy of these demons remain. The Four Shadows are described below.

Rya: Uses fire powers. The second strongest of the four. Is the most ruthless of the group.

Kya: Uses water powers. Is the holder of the light charm. The light charm is used to call upon half of the transforming demons greatest power.

Konya: Uses darkness. Is the holder of the dark charm. The dark charm is used to call upon half of the transforming demons greatest power.

Rokya: Uses psychic abilities. Is the most powerful. Is the leader of the Four Shadows." Koenma read. "Oh this sounds bad."

"What's in the other books?" Kurama asked. Koenma opened another.

"Transforming demons are ranked as lower S class demons… But black eyed transforming demons are ranked as special double S class." He said shakily.

"What? So you're telling me this is the strongest demon ever?" Yusuke asked starting to shake as the realization came over him. Koenma opened the last book.

"Ogre… Where did you find this?" He asked very calmly.

"It just appeared sir. It had a picture of a transforming demon with black eyes.." The ogre explained.

"Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama… I want you to all read this…" Koenma said pushing the book to where they could all read it.

`Dear Spirit Detectives,

These pictures are of your loved ones, and your friends Kuwabara and Boton. You will get them back if you do not inter-fear with my plans. They will not suffer unless you make any attempt to stop me.

Rokonya Amos

*Pictures of Kurama and Yusuke's moms in a cell looking sad, Keiko and Yugina, and Boton and Kuwabara all in cells looking miserable but unharmed.*

P.S. If you want to see them in person you can. Just go into a dark alley way and say Ssentrad si ton syawla live, and you will be brought to them. But you may only stay for 20 minutes.

Once every one was finished reading the message they all looked at each other in horror. The people they had all sworn to protect had been taken before they even had time to take in this new mission.

"So what do we do?" Kurama asked.

"I want to see them." Yusuke said looking up at everyone.

"So do I, and I'm sure Hiei does as well." Kurama said glancing at Hiei who was leaning against a wall.

"No. It might be a trap so I think only one of you should go." Koenma said.

"Then I'll go." Yusuke said.

"No. Yusuke I do not want to put you in any potential danger. Kurama I would like you to go." Koenma said.

"Alright." Kurama turned and left. And no one spoke until the sound of his footsteps could no-longer be heard.

"Why didn't you send me to go investigate?" Hiei asked in an angry voice.

"Because Rokonya has made contact with you already and I don't want to take any chances." Koenma said starting some paperwork.

~*~Meanwhile~*~

Kurama turned away from the busy street he had been walking on, and into a dark alleyway. He walked until he came to the darkest part of the alley and spoke the words he was told. For awhile nothing happened. Then two shadows surrounded him so all he could see was darkness. When he finally could see the first thing he saw was the face of his worried mother.

"Shuuichi!" His mother shouted looking worried.

"Mother, are you hurt?" Kurama asked getting up from the floor. She shook her head. Everyone looked at him with very sad eyes.

"Kurama why are we hear?" Yugina asked.

"Because there is a new threat, and if we do not interfere then you will not be harmed." Kurama explained.

"Shuuichi what are you talking about? Him mom asked starting to panic.

"Mom listen after this is over I'll explain everything to you. But right now I have to try to get you out of here." Kurama said taking out his rose whip.

"Don't even try it. I tried my sword and Yukina tried freezing the bars. But nothing worked." Kuwabara said.

"Yes we've tried everything already." Boton said.

"And Keiko and Yusuke's mom have been asleep for awhile now." Yukina said.

"I see. So are you sure you're fine?" Kurama asked. And they all mumbled a positive response. Just then Kurama felt a cold presence from behind him.

"So you came even though this could have been a trap." I girl said from a corner.

"Who are you?" Kurama asked the girl. She was about three inches taller than Hiei. She wore knee high red boots with black flames licking the sides, a black skirt coming down so only an inch of skin was shown between the top of boots and skirt bottom, a tight red tube top, and a red chocker. She had red and black hair, dark skin, and red and black eyes.

"I'm one of the four shadows. I'm Rya." She said in an icy voice.

"Oh the second strongest, and most ruthless? I must say I am a bit disappointed." Kurama said trying to get under her skin.

"Yoko, your mind game will not work on me. Look down." She said. Kurama looked down and saw he was being surrounded by a circle of fire, and if was getting taller.

"What?" He gasped when he found he could not move, and the fire kept rising. Soon all he could see was the flames surrounding him. After a few seconds the flames disappeared and he was back in the alley way. "Interesting." Kurama said.

He then turned and started heading to Koenma's office.

ANS/DPP: Sorry it took so long to get this up, but I ran into some writers block and school starts next week and I still have some stuff to get prepared for. Please R&R.

Warning: Hey there I just got this info that within the next week a 6.6-7.6 earthquake will erupt in Southern California. This is just a prediction but if you live in So. Cal I would be careful.