Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Where the Shadows Dwell ❯ under the cherry bloosm's ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Where shadows dwell
******************************************


Chapter 1 : Under the Cherry Bloosm's





The wind whirled around the dark resting figure in the old sakura tree, that was home to tons of birds that left there home vaccant, heading toward warmth, instead of the harsh winter air. The figure moved to a more comfortable position and slowly opeaned his crimsion red eyes, which looked so much like the haze of a dying fire. Most who stared at the fierce eyes never lived long enough to move, let alone tell anyone who they belong to.


Leaves swayed with the branches as th snow hit it with soft fury. If anyone walked by, they could only see the figure hidden deep within the shadows, if they looked hard throguh the blinding storm. Memories dashed in and out of the boy's mind. He has lived three-hundred years, and yet he still didn't know what was happening to him. He has been feeling sick and tired lately. He wasn't eating any more, his stomach twisted ever so much once an hour. He didn't know why, he didn't care. It didn't seem that anyone noticed, or if they did they didn't seem to care. No one ever cared for him, the forbidden one.



*************************************************


But the fire koorime was dead wrong, the others did notice and they certainly did care for their friend; no matter how small that friendship maybe. They noticed that the demon rarely ate and was sleeping more than usual, even more than the stubburn Spirit Detective.

"Guy's, we need to know whats happening to Hiei. I mean, even if the little twerp never really hanged around us that much, but still he looks like crap." stated Yusuke as he slurped up the remainder of his soda.

".... huh, what did you say Uremeshi?" Kuwabara said, coming out of his nap he had taken during the begining of the conversation.

Everyone sweatdropped and sighed. Yusuke and Kurama shook the heads slightly at the tallest in the group. They didn't need any more interuptions.

"Kuwa-baka! Don't you ever pay attention!" screamed Yusuke at the, now seething redhead.

"What did you call me, you punk!" he screamed back.

"People calm down, we're here for Hiei, not to kill one another." Kurama said, trying to keep the peace.

When no one listened, he sighed again. They're here arguing, while Hiei was outside, probably in a tree, freezing himself to death. Even if he was a fire demon, he could only keep so warm.......



******************************************** **



Hiei jumped from branch to branch until he felt that familiar lurch in his stomach. He slipped off the branch and fell to the wet, cold ground with a sickening thud. His head was spinning and he could see the bottom of the sakura tree he fell from. He felt the lurch stronger this time, and some blood shot out of his open mouth. He heavily closed his eyes, yet he couldn't get them opean again. He just needed to sleep.



**********************************************



The cellphone that Koenma had given them, beeped a few times before the group found it. Kurama picked up the phone and answered it.

"Koenma-sama, what's wrong? " he asked hearing the distressed voice of his boss.

The other two could only watch and try to understand the conversation. They watched as Kurama's face became confused, to understanding, to horrified, then his face turned deathly pale. Kurama end the conversation with a mumbled 'it's ok, and we'll see you later.' He then turned to the others with watery eyes.

"Koenma, he just called to tell us that Hiei died a little while ago. Botan just brought him into Spirit World, and he was taken to hell." he paused slightly taking in the soft gasps from his friends before countinued "She locked herself in her room, telling Koenma she didn't want to be the Grim Reaper anymore if it ment taking all her friends to Spirit World. Yukina has died as well. "

" What!" kuwabara yelled.

They certainly need to get to Koenma fast, once they make it their mission, they complete it no matter what. After all, they can't die trying, cause where they're going, everyone else is already dead.