Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Why I love Kuwabara ❯ Why I love Kuwabara ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Why I love Kuwabara

By: Jesscheaux


How can anyone love Kuwabara?! You may ask that question and I'll look at you like you're crazy. My question to you is, 'How can anyone NOT love Kuwabara?' As a dedicated anime fan, I watched Yu Yu Hakusho as much as possible. At first, I found myself a Hiei fan. Typical, huh? But as the series progressed, I found myself admiring Kuwabara and his kindness, bravery, loyalty and his hilarity. I really don't see anything not to like about him!

Something inside me snapped while watching an episode of the Dark Tournament. Kuwabara was the absolute BEST! I can compare him to the others, and although as cool as they may be, Kuwabara has what they don't. When we first see Kuwabara he's a common punk, much like Yusuke Urameshi. But then the series goes on. Although they were sworn enemies, we see that Kuwabara actually has a deep respect for Yusuke. He cried at Yusuke's funeral and that was really heartbreaking. His emotions were so real that it made me want to cry too. He and Yusuke have a deep friendship later on and you can tell how much they really care about each other. I think that is so adorable and it melts my heart!

Kuwabara's love for kittens is another reason to love him. Being a fan of cats myself, I totally understand his obsession. Can you just imagine, a big tough street fighter, willing to risk his dignity for the sake of his kitten, Eikichi? That really touched me! Kuwabara loves nature and everything in it. (Except bugs, hehe.) He has a profound appreciation for the little things in life. And you'll never find a more loyal friend. Who else would let himself get beat up everyday just so that his friend could keep his job? If that's not loyalty, I don't know what is.

Although he may not be the strongest or most attractive member of Team Urameshi, Kuwabara definitely has the most heart. He never backs down, never gives up, and is willing to risk it all for the good of the team. Kazuma is so brave when it comes to fighting. Even if it looks like he doesn't have a shadow of a chance, he won't let his teammates down.

His personality is like none other! Yusuke is the cocky one, Hiei is the mean and angry one and Kurama is the kind but mysterious one. Kuwabara is all of these and more! Kuwabara's personality to me is ideal. He's hilarious, prideful, sometimes arrogant, but deep down under that tough guy facade he has a heart of pure gold, and compassion to boot. The series just wouldn't be the same, nor as good without him. His fights with Hiei are priceless! It's so entertaining to see the two of them go at it with an insult war!

I don't care what anyone says about the way he looks, Kuwabara is NOT ugly. Sure he has times when he goes crazy or gets beat up unwittingly by his big sister, but aside from that, I think he's gorgeous. Laugh if you will, but who else has that curly flaming red hair and hazel almond shaped eyes! Not to mention that tall, muscular stature. He's right when he calls Hiei a shrimp! His look is more proportioned than any of the others, being that this is anime we're talking about. No one has eyes as big as Yusuke and Kurama I'm afraid. Kuwabara is probably the most realistic looking character on the show! Just imagine how a 'real life' Kuwabara would look...

Although I hate to admit it, Kuwabara's love of Yukina is adorable. It's helped him in many cases to fight better and become more determined. He adores her and it shows. (DARN!) To me, Kuwabara would make the ideal boyfriend. I just can't say enough good things about him. He's also the master of Janken, now you can't beat that! And talk about powerful, for a human, the boy's got it going on! The Spirit Sword is an awesome weapon! Just another reason to love Kuwabara. Everyone knows nothing is cooler than a sword for a weapon!

In summary, Kuwabara is undoubtedly the best and most developed character on Yu Yu Hakusho. If you think about it, there's nothing really bad you can say about him! Sure, he may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but that just makes him all the more endearing. He has flaws just like the rest of us. And that's what makes him so real. Caring, kind, concerned for his fellow man and cat, loyal, brave, willing to help anyone in need, these are just a few of the things that make Kuwabara so great. And that is why I love Kuwabara. I challenge you to look at him in a different light, and see what he really is: a hero and a truly integral part of Yu Yu Hakusho and anime alike.


8/30/03