Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Escape the Past ❯ Rebirth ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~Death Forest~*~

The Reikai Tantei were trudging through the forest and Jin was flying circles around the area, watching for enemies.

~*~FLASHBACK~*~

The Reikai Tantei was in Koenma's office with Jin. Koenma was the only one who spoke. "The Hakushai herb can only be found in the Death Forest. What we need to heal Kei is a flower of that herb. The flower has red petals and a black stem. It's hard to spot because the stems are fully covered by the leaves, so nobody ever uses the herb but for emergencies. A Death Tree guards the herb, that's why we need you, Kurama, to go. Only you know how to handle the Death Tree. Here's a map of the forest. Now, go get the herb for Kei, and don't one of you dare die." Koenma said as he gave them an old map.

~*~END FLASHBACK~*~

"How the heck are we supposed to read this old piece of crap?!" Yusuke yelled, ready to rip the map in two.

"Let me check it out." Kurama volunteered.

Kurama examined the map for exactly five seconds and then said "Yusuke... You were holding the map upside down. You can't read the directions because you don't know how to read upside down letters..."

Yusuke whistled and said "Uh. I dunno what you're talkin' about..."

Jin laughed lightly as he passed over the group. "Let's see you read upside down, goblin!" Yusuke yelled at him.

Jin obliged and flew over. "Sure, Urameshi, whatever ya say!" Jin said playfully.

Jin turned himself upside down and took the map from Kurama. He began to read the map rightside up in his point of view. "That's not what I meant!" Yusuke said as he grabbed the map back.

Kurama laughed lightly and Kuwabara cracked up, Hiei just glared death at them like always. Jin went back to flying and Yusuke went back to figuring out the map.

~*~Reikai Infirmary~*~

Kei stirred and Touya jumped off the chair he was sitting on. Her eyes fluttered open and she moaned. "Touya?..." Kei said slowly.
"Kei! You shouldn't be up! You need rest." Touya replied.
Kei didn't listen and sat up slowly. Touya continued to insist that she keep resting but she sat up anyway. Kei looked around and said "Touya... Where's Kurama, and Saky, and Jin?"
"Kurama and Jin are with the Reikai Tantei and they're finding a cure for your illness. Now go get some rest."
"I need Saky here..."
As if on cue, Saky tapped on the infirmary window with his beak. Touya opened the window and Saky flew to Kei's bed. Kei hugged him and Saky nuzzled her happily, a smile on both their faces. (Can grifiins smile? o.O) Saky squawked and Kei fell asleep hugging him. Touya sighed and watched her sleep. "Please don't die on me..."
~*~Unknown Castle~*~
A dark mage stood behind a podium in a large library. The mage wore a blood red cloak that covered their whole body and their face except their mouth. On the poduim was a large, old book written in a different language, a goblet of the mage's blood, and an odd staff with an old, an enchanted arrow-head on the end. In the middle of the room, was a round platform with pillars surrounding it. On the platform was the very flower that Karasu became when he died. How the mage got it, no one knows. Then, the mage began to speak in an ancient language that has been dead for many centuries. "<Cheat all laws of Life and Death... Return to your mortal form and be as you once were... Finish the mission you started and fullfill your destiny...>"(It's translated)
The chant was completed and the cup of the mage's blood and the staff rose into the air towards the pillar. The blood poured onto the flower and the staff landed straight up in front of the flower, the arrow-head glowing dangerously. Suddenly, the blood dissolved in the petals and the flower transformed. In front of the mage now, was Karasu, alive and well. Karasu had a confused look on his face when he saw the mage smirk. "Who are you?" Karasu asked, clenching his fingers from time to time, testing to see if he was really alive.
"Who I am doesn't matter..." the mage replied.
"Then why am I here?"
"You're sister is in trouble... She's close to Death..."
"What?! Kei's dieing! You're not serious?"
"I speak nothing but the truth, and right now, she needs you dearly..."
A smoke like material rose into the air from the mage's palm and Karasu saw the form of his sister in it. Her breath was ragged and he could hear her slow heartbeats. Kei's forehead was sweating from fever and she was clearly suffering from pain. Karasu was devastated. "No... Kei..."
The smoke disappeared and the mage wore a sad smile on his face. "You must go and help her, Karasu... That is your new mission in life..."
"Where is she?!"
"Reikai Infirmary..."
Karasu left at a sprint as he yelled "I'm coming, Kei!" then he thought 'Damn you, Kurama! How could you let this happen to Kei?!'

~*~Rebuilt Maze Castle~*~

The dark figure laughed evilly as he watched his screen. It was now divided into three parts, one taking up half the space, the other two taking up quarters of the screen. the half screen showed Kei asleep, hugging Saky. The other two featured the Reikai Tantei on their journey and Karasu running towards Reikai Palace. "So... The brother has entered in my little game... This will be very interesting..."

~*~With Karasu~*~His point of view~*~

I ran through the woods as fast as I can, my cloak billowing behind me. It was becoming a bother from catching on to stray branches and bushes so I had to get rid of it. Kei was suffering and Kurama is out there somewhere. 'I bet he doesn't even care that she's sick. Damn it, why the hell did I let him have my little sister?! How can I live with myself if she gets worse? When I get there, I swear I'll kill Kurama.'

I ran and ran for hours but that didn't stop me. Soon, the Reikai Palace came into view, I smirked, knowing that I would soon be with my beloved little sister again. And then I can kill Kurama.