Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Escape the Past ❯ Brother... ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~Reikai Infirmary~*~

Kei was dreaming of the many pains she had gone through in her life when suddenly, she heard a crash from outside her door. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw that Touya had rose from his chair, staring at the door like a monster was going to pop out of it. Suddenly, the door was off it's hinges and smoke rose everywhere. Kei coughed and was suddenly wrapped in warm arms. The smell of pine engulfed her making her think of Karasu. When the smoke cleared, Kei and Touya gasped. There was Karasu, holding Kei tightly in his arms. Kei stared at her once-believed-to-be-dead brother. "Ka-K-Karasu?!" she stammered.

"Yes, Kei, it's me. I'm alive again. The mage told me you were sick and that it's my new mission in life to protect you. It's all Kurama's fault. I'm going to kill him and everything is going to be okay." Karasu said quickly.

"I'm just glad you're alive!" she threw herself into his arms, then realized. "You're going to kill Kurama?! Why?! But... I love him!" she yelled.

"It's his fault you're sick! If he had taken care of you better, you wouldn't be half as close to Death as you are now!"

"You don't understand!"

But before she could finish, Karasu was out the door, already pursuing Kurama. Kei burst into tears and Touya came over to comfort her. "Come on, Kei. Just get some rest. I'll make sure everything will be alright. Just get some sleep okay?" he said and gave her a warm hug.

"What am I going to do...?" she muttered.

Kei buried her face in his chest and wept, holding a bunch of his shirt in her fist. All the emotional fatigue was too much for her weak body. She lost all her energy and slid down Touya's chest and stopped on the bed, where she was asleep. Saky crawled over and nudged her cheek before lying down beside her, purring as she wrapped her arms around him.

Koenma ran into the room. He was in his teenage form and his hair was disheveled and he looked tired. "Did anything happen to Kei?" he asked Touya.

"Karasu said he's going to kill Kurama for not watching her enough that she got sick. Kei fainted from the stress. That's all that happened." Touya reported, watching Kei with sad eyes, "I hope the guys get back safely with the cure..."

"Yes... We can only hope..."

"What are we going to do? Kei might no longer be safe."

"I'll post some guards by the door. If anything suspiscious happens in here, report to me immdeiately."

"Yes, Koenma."

Koenma turned to leave but before he stepped out of what was left of the door frame, Touya said "Sir, how did Karasu get in?"

"He bombed every door until he came here. The explosion made all the ogres unconscious. Nearly killed me but I jumped behind my desk just in time." Touya sweatdropped.

'This world is doomed...' Touya thought to himself, picturing the prince hiding behind a desk, while Reikai is crumbling, in his mind.

"How do you think Karasu came back to life?" Touya asked.

"I'm not sure. But it must've been a really powerful spell that must've been performed by a really powerful mage for it to be unnoticed."

'I stand corrected. The royal family bloodline AND this world is doomed...' Touya thought with a sweatdrop.

~*~Death Forest~*~

"Kurama, did you sense that?" Hiei whispered to the taller demon.

"Yeah, it's getting closer..." Kurama replied.

"What is it, you guys?" Yusuke asked.

"It's a demon... But... The reiki is familiar... When do you think the demon will reach us, Hiei?"

"If we keep walking, I'd say it wouldn't reach us until we've gone about another one and a half miles." Hiei said.

"How did you know that, Shorty?" mocked Kuwabaka (A.N.: I mean Bara! BARA! *coughs and falls on the floor laughing*).

"Believe me, I know."

"Oooh. Trying to sound smart are we?"

"At least I don't sound stupid without even trying."

"Why you little!"

"Guys, let's keep moving. Kei needs us remember?" Kurama said, stepping inbetween them.

"He's right so get your asses over here or that demon will catch up to us soon!" Yusuke said, he was already a quarter of a mile ahead.

"Shut your face Urameshi!" Kuwabara yelled, his fist in the air.

"Hn..." Hiei muttered and disappeared and reappeared (A.N.: Teleported or whatever you want to call it.) to Yusuke's side.

They continued on their way for another mile (They wasted a quarter of a mile because of Hiei and Kuwabara's bickering.) until they heard bushes shaking behind them. ~The demon!~ Kurama mentally told Hiei.

~No, you think? I already know that kitsune. The reiki is strong and familiar. Who do you think it will be?~ Hiei replied.

~I don't know. But whoever it is, we'll be ready. It's probably someone that we've beaten once before and they want revenge.~

~Hn...~

They stopped talking to each other in their minds when a dark figure walked out of the bushes. The Reikai Tantei gasped, even Hiei was surprised. There, near the bushes, stood the once dead Karasu, Kei's beloved older brother.

"It can't be!" Kurama practically yelled. His eyes were wide, his mouth hanging open in surprise.

"Long time, no see, eh, Kurama? I've heard about my precious imouto (little sister) and I'm very angry. (Karasu is very protective of Kei.) If I hadn't let you take her, she wouldn't be half as sick as she is now. For that, you should die. I'll never let you near my little sister again!" Karasu said, his voice raising with every word.