Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
You Don't Know Me
by Akatriel

************************************************************************ ***********************************
Akatriel:.....yeah.
Disclaimer: Don't own it.
************************************************************************ ***********************************

It sickens me. The way that they trust me, considering me a friend, someone to be trusted. Well, I'm not.

It's funny how they always forgot that I'm not completely human. That the real me is a thousand year old youko. A cruel one. Yes. Funny.

We've been detectives for four years now, and still no one has figured it out. They can't see. Hiei realizes how I really am, but....who really knows what Hiei thinks?

It sickens me, how they put their trust in me, expecting me to make it all better. How the hell can I make it better? If anything, I should be expected to make it worse. I -am- Youko Kurama, after all. Feared throughout Makai; unmerciful, unforgiving. That's me.

Because you can't just erase a thousand year old way of living. It's not possible. I'm still the same old twisted, manipulative, fox. Everything is a game. -It is-.

But still, they believe in me. Even when I dropped hints, when I -nearly- betrayed them, they still believed in me. It's amusing how naive they can be, considering they are protectors of the Ningenkai.

Because I am Youko Kurama. I manipulate. I hurt. I kill. But somehow, they seem to forget all of that. All they see is the new me. The mask I hide under. The one with the angelic face, innocent eyes, the soft smile. To them, that's Kurama. That's me.

Probably, by time they realize who I really am, and know -me-, it will be too late. I'll have been done with them. The -real- me. The one who lived for a thousand years, killed people, and laughed. Because that's me.

But somehow, I don't think so. Because I -can- change. I -will- change. Because that's me; the one with the angelic face, the innocent eyes, the soft smile. That's me.

I was wrong. When I became the one with the angelic face and the soft smile, I also got something I hadn't bargained for. A heart.

Because that's me.

-Owari-

************************************************************************ ***********************************
Okay......I know that was really vague and weird, but I've had the idea in my head for a long time and I just -had- to write it. I know it's short, but I'm experimenting with a new style, so please bear with me.

If you have any comments or critiques, reviews would be much appreciated.

If there is something you didn't like, please criticize constructively. Flames will be used to roast my marshmallows.

-Akatriel