Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho: Rakuto's Return ❯ Chapter 5: Demon Fights ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please take note: Yu Yu Hakusho and all its characters are the property of Yoshihiro Togashi, Weekly Shonen Jump, Fuji Television, Studio Pierrot, FUNimation, so on, whatever else, etc. etc. All song lyrics © Warner Bros. Records Inc.

[there's my disclaimer. A little more at the end. *sigh* I know, but I have to.]

Please don't sue me. @.@

*

WARNING: This contains Yaoi content. [between Kurama and Hiei. Who else? XD]

Also contains violence and cursing.

*

Kurama333 brings you:

Rakuto's Return

*

*

Kurama…

Hiei froze; he still didn't want to show any emotion at all in front of the idiot.

"Hiei, will you still love me- can you? Like this…"

Hiei cursed in his head as he turned with a quick glare at Kuwabara; daring him to make fun.

"I already know." Kuwabara replied.

But why would Kurama tell him? Kurama looked into Hiei's eyes, loving and happy; tears at the edges. Hiei stared at Kurama; something was wrong. Terribly wrong with Kurama.

Hiei suddenly shoved the youko rudely away, making Kurama scream in slight pain as he fell back.

"Hiei! Are you nuts?!" Kuwabara screamed, beginning to go to Kurama aid.

Hiei, in one swift movement, drew his sword and struck open Kurama's tunic and added a new wound. Blood seeped into the white clothes.

"Who are you and where is Kurama?!" Hiei yelled at the youkai as he changed from a fox to a dark haired human looking youkai. His hair came over the right side of his face, hiding some of the contours, but the same features that were on `Kurama's' face, were now on his as the two realized he had been playing them from the beginning; his dark blue eyes flaming at the two.

"Rakuto!!" Kuwabara screamed in surprise.

"Kurama-" The new being said the name like a curse word. "You will not have him back."

** ** ** **

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rakuto's Return

Chapter Five: Demon Fights

Forfeit the game,

Before somebody else

Takes you out of the frame,

And puts your name to shame.

Cover up your face,

You cant run the race,

The pace is too fast

You just won't last!

-Linkin Park [Points Of Authority]

** ** ** **

Rakuto laughed. Sudden dirt billowed around Kuwabara and Hiei; swirled around the room. Kuwabara coughed and Hiei covered his mouth from the dirt.

When the dirt had settled, a new youkai stood there for them. It was the spiked fiery red one that they had faced earlier in the grassy plain. He laughed at the two.

Hiei was now madder. "You! Tell me where Kurama is!!"

"Heh, wouldn't you just die to know where he is, but I'm not telling! No no no!" he seemed to be having fun, as he spoke with a certain playfulness in his voice. "And you can just call me Kiru. Yep, and I'm here to keep you from reaching that prisoner. You can't take him out. Nope, not at all."

He raised a finger and shook it no as he laughed more.

Hiei, now completely pissed, threw off his cloak and charged Kiru, attacking with his sword.

"Hey! Whattaya-" Kuwabara started, after Hiei charged, but stopped and just watched the fight, ready to help if needed.

Kiru playfully dodged Hiei's attacks, making little fun noises or a small comment here or there. Hiei stopped attacking and stood there growling.

Kiru landed softly in front of him. "It might help to defeat me… if you actually hit me." He grinned at Hiei.

Hiei gritted his teeth more. "rrrrrrrr!!!!!!" he readied to attack again.

Kuwabara stepped forward. "Hiei wait. Its no use attacking him that way, he'll just keep dodging ya." Hiei stopped reluctantly.

Kiru smiled playfully. "Now, maybe the real fun will begin!"

Hiei glared at Kiru but watched Kuwabara come to him. Kuwabara got close and began whispering to Hiei below Kiru's hearing. "See, if ya keep attacking he'll keep dodging, so we gotta do something else. We gotta get him still."

Hiei snarled at Kuwabara. "And how do you suppose we do that, you idiot?"

Kuwabara, still whispering, smiled. "Just leave it to me, and keep `em occupied okay?"

Hiei looked at Kuwabara. "What are you-"

"Just do it." Kuwabara glanced at Kiru, who was busy playing with the long strands of hair that came down on his back and straightening his red sleeveless shirt. "I gotta plan."

"For once in your life." Hiei retorted before turning back to Kiru. Kuwabara baked off from Hiei.

"So… are you finally ready? Or do you need more counseling on how to hit me?" Kiru laughed even more. "This might be fun!"

Hiei charged Kiru, attacking as fast as he could many times. Kiru dodged; shocked that Hiei had gotten faster. Kiru pulled away and stood there for a second. Hiei stopped too and smirked. A deep cut appeared on Kiru's upper arm; blood immediately seeping down his arm.

"You hit me?" Kiru touched the wound. "AMAZING! THIS WILL REALLY BE FUN!" he laughed in happiness. "But then again, you might kill me. Maybe I should go kill your partner right now."

Hiei glared deeply at Kiru. "I'd kill you before you even had a chance."

Kiru smiled at Hiei. "Oh, don't worry." He shook his hand in the air. "I wanna have fun as much as the next one. So I'll stay, thank you." He held his right hand out now, palm up. A red electricity staticked and formed a whirling ball in his hand. "You know that tree? You'll soon resemble it!" he charged Hiei, arm back, ready in a punch.

Hiei tried to dodge, but the attack shaved the front of his chest and he backed off; intense pain burning in his lungs. The attack really hadn't done anything but scrape him, as he dodged most of the blow, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Hiei watched Kiru as the youkai swung his right arm slowly to the left, then swing it fast to the right; a gust of wind blowing as he did. Kiru straightened up. He now held a brightly red glowing spear with a very sharp end. "I call this my Crimson Rod. Nice isn't it."

Hiei prepared himself. "Ch!"

Kiru attacked faster than before, but Hiei too was also faster. He would not lose.

** ** ** **

Kuwabara traced around the two as they fought. If he could just…he froze as the two stopped to talk again. He didn't want to let Kiru know he was making his way around as part of his plan. He watched quietly as Kiru suddenly produced a glowing red spear.

Wow. That's just like my Spirit Sword. The two began fighting again and Kuwabara continued moving. He thanked everything that the room was partly dark, hiding him, but cursed in his head that all would be lost if he tripped over something.

He stopped, he was where he needed to be, he just had to wait for now. While he waited, he noticed Hiei was getting a bit slower. Tired, he guessed, from all the distracting and running.

** ** ** **

Hiei stopped for a bit to catch his breath. All this attacking was beginning to drain him. That idiot better hurry with whatever he has planned.

Kiru stopped too and was breathing just as heavily as Hiei. This was draining him just as much. "So… this really is… fun." He smiled at Hiei.

With the little break, Hiei tried to find Kuwabara's spirit energy, but the baka was hiding it, and Hiei didn't want to get anymore distracted.

Kiru relaxed, letting his arms fall down beside him and laughed. "Wow. I've haven't been so tired in a long time… you really are worth it, like Rakuto says." Kiru moved to charge Hiei again and-

** ** ** **

Kuwabara jumped out from the darkness and grabbed Kiru around the lower chest, pinning his arms to his side. "Gotcha!"

"What the-" Kiru yelled.

Kuwabara held on tight as Kiru lashed. "No fair! Let me go!" he swirled around continuously trying to throw Kuwabara off him. Kuwabara tried his hardest to hold on.

Kiru stopped lashing and stood still. He suddenly began pushing outward with his arms. Both grunted and screamed. Kuwabara trying to hold him; Kiru trying to get him off.

Kiru finally broke away, standing a foot or two from Kuwabara and reformed his crimson rod with deadly annoyance and anger. "You're dea-"

A sudden black dragon flame roared not two inches from Kuwabara's face, leaving nothing behind of Kiru. Kuwabara froze dead in his tracks.

Hiei smirked. "I think you're mistaken. You're dead." He turned to Kuwabara, the bandages around his arm now gone, revealing the black dragon. "What are you still standing there for? Hurry up, baka." Hiei walked to the door and started out into the small room with the stairs.

Kuwabara snapped out of his daze. The dragon had almost hit him! "Wait! You little shrimp!" he started after Hiei. "You almost frggin' hit me!"

"But I didn't. Shame." Hiei retorted, turning to the last unopened door. He opened it and led Kuwabara through. The room was completely dark, as the duo continued to walk more; the door automatically shutting behind them.

A clicking noise off to their right made both freeze in the dark. Sudden bright light flooded them and they both closed their eyes, only to reopen them in a gloomy lightness. Very dull compared to the sudden bright that had just flowed over them. They both had to wait for their eyes to adjust, but were shocked when they did.

"Kurama…" gasped Kuwabara, as he saw his friend tied to two black columns rising to the ceiling.

Before either could begin to head to their friend, Rakuto appeared, walking up to Yoko Kurama and stopping six feet from him. "I see. So you beat Kiru Kataren."

Rakuto swung his arm at the two. Hiei tried to dodge, to jump away from Kuwabara to fight, but he suddenly hit something. With the speed he was going, it felt like a brick wall. He looked up to see a kekkai barrier erected around them, transparent wall and small light blue electricity static bursts formed into a circular wall.

"You think this trick will work? It may have worked last time, but it wont today!" Hiei charged to break through the barrier, but was thrown back by electricity.

"I've become stronger." Rakuto explained.

Shit… now what? Hiei cursed as Rakuto now turned to Kurama.

Anger flooded inside Hiei. "Don't you touch-" he stopped.

Rakuto had released Kurama from the bonds holding him, tearing them from both the columns and his limbs; not caring what damage it did to him and the kitsune fell to the floor without any resistance.

Kurama's youko form was bruised and cut, half dry and new blood scattered here and there, the shirt barely holding onto one shoulder. Hiei nearly screamed when he saw the fresh blood seep from Kurama's wounds upon being released, then Hiei gave in and did scream. Cursing pain evident in the scream as Rakuto roughly removed the thick black blindfold off his prisoner, revealing eyes that squinted weakly in the dull light.

Rakuto placed his hand roughly on Kurama's head, grabbing hair and shoved his head back; his thumb and little finger holding the ears perked open to hear. Kurama gave a moan of pain. "And now… we shall fight, and when we are done, I will kill you and go after all those in the Ningenkai."

He grabbed Kurama's ears, pinching them in the process; Kurama giving another moan of pain, and Rakuto slammed him backwards towards the wall. Rakuto laughed in hysteria, and turned to Kuwabara and Hiei.

He was surprised by the sudden look on Hiei's face. A mix of intense anger and pain, with rage and affection burned in his ruby eyes. Rage at Rakuto; affection for the fox.

"You still love him?" Rakuto asked. "You could walk away right now and live. I will let you."

Hiei snarled; his only answer.

Rakuto laughed. "I see. Well then, I'll just have to make this slow and painful, wont I?" he raised his arms in front of him; making different signs in a certain order. Blue energy cracked around his hands and moved up to his elbows. "Now… di-!!" but he was suddenly tackled hard form behind.

What?! His spell vanished as he fell. He slowly began to rise, looking back in anger to see what had happened.

Kurama stood weakly on his own; his body slightly shaking from the effort; one arm on the wall and the other numb at his side, head bowed slightly. "No."

"What?" Rakuto straightened up fully; defiance was one thing he would not allow.

"No." Kurama repeated. "I will not- allow the same mistake to happen…again…" Kurama readied to attack, but he was completely drained. It soon left him with what little energy he had grasped. Breathing hard, he fell to his knees and slumped.

Rakuto sneered and walked confidently to the fox, realizing he was in complete control again of everything that happened. "Perhaps…" he grabbed Kurama's chin tightly. Kurama tried to scream. "… I should kill you first, then those two."

A loud intense scream and a shattering ripping noise of electricity from behind made him refrain from doing any more. He turned to see Hiei, energy ripping around the room from him. His eyes were dark and angry. Kuwabara was on his hands and knees next to him, breathing and sweating heavily, nearly completely drained of energy.

That HUMAN must have broke the barrier!! How could he?? Rakuto cursed in his mind.

"Thanks baka," Hiei grinned and evil, vengeful grin. "I'll take it from here." The black dragon from his arm began to unwind and his Jagan eye was glowing brighter then ever. "I don't like to have to use this two times so quickly, and after using it so many times in one day and not long ago…" he glared. "But I think I can make an exception this one time. Don't you think so, Rakuto?"

Rakuto backed away, uncertain where to go or what to do. none of this was to happen. He was supposed to be able to kill Hiei and the human, Kurama and the weakened Yusuke as well, but now…

Kurama… I'll kill him for you… "Ensatsu Kokuryuuhaaaa!!"

*

[End of Chapter 5: Demon Fights]

*

The pointed second hand counts down the life I lead~~~

Marking off my legacy of worldly deeds~~~

Tick tock tick!

Constantly I think of things I cant complete~~~

But its time to throw them into the back seat!~~

La la laaaaaaaaaa (^^;; I don't know what the last words are supposed to be!)

*

*

[Afterthoughts: Hiei and Kuwabara finally got rid of Kiru!!! Yay! Wait- I like Kiru! T_T he's my purely original one, and I've had him for about 4 years. He's actually in the intro and end of some of my old fics, and he will be appearing as my (er,) co-producer? in the next one. and yes, before you ask: I have a very vivid imagination! So Kiru lives!!! XD Buhahahaha… erk, O.o where'd the hell that come from? *shakes head* I'm hanging around hiei too much… But if anyone wants to know more about him, I'm working on drawing him and stuff- which remind me: I draw signatures! For anyone. if you ask I'll try real hard, but someones gotta remind me how to save scans as something other than tif's, I've forgotten. ^^;;; gomen (how come I'm always saying gomen?) Sayonara!]

[ack- just check out my profile or something to see all my email info and stuff- I don't know!!!! T.T]

[Please read and review!! XD]

{Theme song used near beginning of chapter by Linkin Park. Ending theme is Homework [I think that's what its called. If anyone wants to tell me for sure, that would be greatly appreciated.] from Yu Yu Hakusho's ending theme.}

[Please don't sue me. @.@]

[If you want the song theme things gone, tell me, and POOF, they're gone! Well, not just cus you hate them or something, but for a… reasonable purpose. ]