Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho: Rakuto's Return ❯ Chapter 6: Dead and End ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please take note: Yu Yu Hakusho and all its characters are the property of Yoshihiro Togashi, Weekly Shonen Jump, Fuji Television, Studio Pierrot, FUNimation, so on, whatever else, etc. etc. All song lyrics © Warner Bros. Records Inc.

[there's my disclaimer. A little more at the end. *sigh* I know, but I have to.]

Please don't sue me. @.@

*

WARNING: This contains Yaoi content. [between Kurama and Hiei. Who else? XD]

Also contains violence and cursing.

*

Kurama333 brings you:

Rakuto's Return

*

*

Kurama… I'll kill him for you… "Ensatsu Kokuryuuhaaaa!!"

Hiei screamed as the black flames roared across the room to Rakuto, consuming him before passing on and dying down. The only thing left was smoke and burnt, scorched earth around them.

Hiei relaxed and looked at Kurama. Finally… but froze when he heard a laughter behind him, he tried to pinpoint it, but it seemed to be everywhere.

"That's very nice, yes. That worked last time, but I've learned how to avoid it, and I wont let you catch me off guard again…" Hiei whirled around more, trying to find Rakuto. "…Hiei." Behind him!

He twisted around only to be slammed back by a hand in front of his forehead. Hiei staggered from the shock and opened his eyes to start an attack, only to find yet again the hand in front of his face. But this time a symbol glowed on the palm and Hiei fell to his knees in sudden dizziness. He looked around.

The entire room seemed to be spinning crazily; never ending. Colors swirled and mixed into each other. He suddenly felt very sick and he fell to his hands on the floor. He tried to get up, but his balance was rendered useless by the swirling lights, and he only swayed in his position.

He looked up again, slightly prepared at the lights; searching for his attacker, but he only saw Kuwabara in a mirror situation and Kurama, who was on the floor completely moaning sick. Hiei tried to stand again but now his energy seemed to seep from him.

"Now, I think its time to end this -but…" Rakuto suddenly appeared out of the swirls in front of Hiei and slammed his hand over his Jagan eye. "I think I'll play with you a little first. THEN kill you." Hiei swayed in even more dizziness.

** ** ** **

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rakuto's Return

Chapter Six: Dead and End

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

And lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter…

-Linkin Park [In The End]

** ** ** **

From his part of the room, Kuwabara watched as Rakuto slammed his hand on Hiei's forehead. He was aware that Kurama was off in the other direction, but he focused more now on the two alone. He used what little spirit energy he had to try and connect minds with the two. At first, all he got was jumbled images, then they began to clear.

** ** ** **

They sat or stood in different places around Kurama in Kuwabara's room. Shiori, Kazuya, and Shu-chan had finally made their way there, after taking care of important business. Yusuke was refreshed and awake, and Yukina and Keiko had come, concerned about Kurama. They had been informed on what had happened and who was doing what at the time to save Kurama.

"I wonder if they're okay…" Keiko started, attempting to rid the room of its sudden lasting silence.

"Huh?" Yusuke looked up. He had been thinking quietly, but now forgot it all. "Oh, Hiei and Kuwabara. Yea…"

No one moved and the sudden silence returned.

Kazuya reshifted in his spot as most turned their attention to him t the movement. "This is insane. I don't know why I bother to come or believe you." He spoke in complete anger, as he stared at the youko in the bed; shaking his head in disbelief. "The hospital found out he was missing, and called the police. Now they're out looking for him. We should take him back to the hospital."

"Oh, yeah?" Yusuke laughed at this new stupidity. "And what exactly are you going to say, huh?" He continued in a higher pitched mock voice. "Oh, I understand officer. Yes, I know this looks like fox thing, but it really is my son. We took him because his soul is in danger in another realm and we felt the hospital could do nothing to save him?!… You really are and idiot!" Yusuke stood from his seat in anger and frustration. He didn't need this bullshit.

"Please…" Yukina started, walking forward. "Don't argue."

"I'm sure my idiot brother and Hiei are okay and working their hardest." Shizuru spoke without moving.

Keiko placed her hand on Yusuke's shoulder to calm him. "Yusuke, please don't start this. It's bad enough for what happened to him, but for his family to have to find out about him like this…" she trailed off, looking around the room for help.

Yukina was the one to give it to her. "Yes. Please, we all need to just hope for the best and trust Hiei and Kazuma."

** ** ** **

"What?" Rakuto turned in mind. "So, you too, have decided to join in this torture, human? Very well."

Kuwabara was aware of both him and Hiei being controlled.

"Lets see. What shall I do? How about… I have a little fun before I kill you both."

** ** ** **

Kuwabara suddenly found himself in a very cold place. He wrapped his arms around his chest; it was so cold. There appeared to be come sort of slight blizzard and a cold wind blew hard. He looked around for Hiei, but only found beings he didn't recognize. He soon found out he was standing on a cliff. A woman stood near the edge with something bundled in her arms.

Kuwabara tried to look closer at what it was, but only caught a glimpse of black hair before the woman threw the child off the side. Kuwabara rushed forward. "Hey what are you doi-" he stopped. He had reached for the woman, but gone right through her. What is this? Is this… a memory of someone?

Kuwabara turned around to ask someone, but he was no longer on the cliff. He swayed, trying to catch his balance. "Whoa!" he realized now he was in a tree. He balanced then sat very carefully. After all, he didn't want to fall, no matter what. He stopped when he realized a black figure running up below the tree; two demons following him close by. He watched as the small lack haired figure dispatched the other two with a sword.

Wait a second… black hair, short; uses a sword… this is gotta be Hiei!! Wait… I'm watching Hiei's memories?

Kuwabara jumped up, surprised. He wasn't in the tree anymore; he was in some sort of dirty alley.

"ewww." He brushed something sticky off his backside. "Oh, nice." He said in annoyance. He walked around slowly.

Where the heck is this?

He turned around, looking. The sky was dark and he could barely see. He turned back around and stumbled.

"Jeez!" the black figure from before nearly ran him over, then left around a corner. Kuwabara quickly followed, not knowing what else to do. He heard loud talking and crashing noises. He finally made it around the corner to see the young Hiei and a red headed boy the same size. He stopped and watched.

Okay, that's Hiei… but who's the other one?

He watched as Hiei drew his sword and charged, as the other drew a… rose whip!?

Whoa!! That's Kurama? But he looks so different.

This Kurama had short red hair and was quite young. Kuwabara whirled when he heard two angry voices behind him. He turned back around to see the injured young Kurama grab some things and escape with the unconscious Hiei.

Kuwabara was beginning to get dizzy; it seemed almost every time he turned around he was in yet again another place and this time he was in a dark room. Red alarms were whining and three shadows stood below the flashing lights. Two stood near the door, one with long hair; the other with short. A third larger one was busy beating up some men.

What the heck's happening now?

Kuwabara walked towards the two by the door, at least he could find out who was who. He froze. It was Kurama and Hiei! They must be-… he turned to look at the third, but he was gone. He turned back around again, but Kurama and Hiei were gone too. Everything seemed to go slower, then black.

** ** ** **

Hiei stood there confused. What the hell…he looked around. He was in the Ningenkai and it was dark. The only light came from a house nearby where few people lingered around. Hiei saw Keiko off to the side; some girls beside her as she cried.

"URAMESHI!!" Hiei swiveled around to see Kuwabara fighting to free himself from three other humans. The screamed at him to stop and tried to pull him back, but he slowly made his way closer to the house.

"URAMESHI!! YOU GET YER BUTT OUTTA THAT COFFIN!! YOU CHEATER!!"

Hiei watched as more humans mumbled and Kuwabara was finally taken away by his comrades.

Baka, Hiei thought. He was aware of a woman crying inside the building, sobbing and sniffling in her all out plea. He turned again, but now it was different.

The idiot Kuwabara lay on the ground. He looked almost dead, as he was beaten and broken. Botan and Genkai stood not far from him watching a demon with tattoos on his face and bright red hair stand before a churning swamp. The demon was laughing.

Hiei spotted a soul enter the water and time seemed to slow a bit. Suddenly the spirit detective Yusuke jumped out from the murky water and fired his spirit gun at the demon. Botan and Genkai were babbling about something, and the scene changed once again.

Hiei staggered. Where was he now?

He was in a house, he knew that, but the walls had papers posted up on them. There was a small window open. Bedroom Hiei guessed as he turned expecting to see a blank bed, but instead saw Yukina and Kuwabara sitting calmly talking.

Yu-Yukina?

Hiei listened. Kuwabara was telling her some dumb story about fighting as he motioned flimsy punches and movements. Yukina laughed at his story. She seemed so happy; happy with the stupid idiot.

Hiei turned away. Great. Was he actually thinking they'd be good together? No! He hated that baka… but, if she was happy…

** ** ** **

When Kuwabara opened his eyes, he was lying on the floor, still in the swirling daze made by Rakuto.

Hiei was still being held fast by Rakuto. And, Kuwabara guessed, Hiei too was still in the same daze, as he swayed on his knees under Rakuto's hand. He couldn't see Kurama, the swirling mass of color and energy too much for him to see the fox.

"Ah, I see now. I've now seen all of your memories." Rakuto laughed in pleasure.

"Is that what you did? You sick bastard.' Kuwabara growled to Rakuto through the swirls.

"And how is that so sick? Its not as though I killed your best friend in front of you." Rakuto sneered at Kuwabara.

"You shouldn't just look at some ones memories! Its wrong!" Kuwabara yelled. Despite all, he was mainly talking about Hiei's memories, and not his own. He preferably didn't care about his own, but Hiei had been through so much shit worse than his own.

"My my… so angry…" Rakuto took his hand from Hiei, who at the chance of less weight on him, attempted to stand. Rakuto turned, as if to leave Hiei alone for the moment, but swiftly turned around and kicked him dead in the face; sending him flying backwards.

** ** ** **

Kurama felt such pain; so intense, but he pushed it back and hid it deep within himself. He had no time to plead for the pain to leave; he had to do something.

When he finally regained full consciousness, he saw Rakuto with his hand on Hiei's forehead, over his Jagan. Kuwabara was a few meters away, and apparently was in the same trance Hiei was in from Rakuto. Both swayed on their knees, as if the world was in front of them was making them dizzy.

He rose to straighten up, then fell and rested on one knee. This was an advantage: while Rakuto was distracted by his spell and whatever he was doing to the two, Kurama could attack and hopefully leave room for one of the others to counter Rakuto. Only problem was: Kurama didn't know if he had enough energy to attack.

His body ached as he tried to gather what little spirit energy he had left, but he was so utterly drained. He summoned every ounce of energy again, even that which he was using to heal his deadly wounds, and summoned just enough for one small attack. He was hoping beyond hope that it would be enough to distract him from Hiei and Kuwabara, even for just a second, so the two would be free to attack.

He was about to unleash the attack, when he saw Rakuto and Kuwabara stop out of the trance. He tried to listen as the two talked, but he just couldn't hear them. He watched as Rakuto seemed to release Hiei; Hiei trying to stand once again. Rakuto suddenly whirled around and kicked Hiei across his face, sending the dazed fire demon sprawling back.

Kurama raged. That was it; he wouldn't let any one else be… controlled by this mad thing. He was completely angry now; he hadn't felt anger like this for Rakuto. Not yet, anyway. Not even through all the breaking, burning hell of torture he had put him through. Kurama summoned all his energy again, and focused it into a small seed, which he then slammed to the ground.

The seed rushed up from under his hand; thin, green vines with thorns bursting forth and towards Rakuto, moving over all things in the way. But most of the vines stopped half way there; dying off by some strange shield before reaching Rakuto, while only one or two pushed forward. Only for the reason that Rakuto was distracted, most likely, to focus on his shield around the three.

Kurama didn't focus too much on that though; he was so completely, ever more drained than before, his body aching just to stay on one knee. Kurama placed one hand on the ground and one on his knee to steady himself, as he let his head fall and simply tried to breathe, but his chest burned so badly. He heard footsteps in front of him, and realized Rakuto was now there.

Rakuto rushed him, punching him like never before. Kurama fell back; he couldn't even block any of the blows.

Rakuto stopped punching him, and grinned. "And now…"

He placed his hands around Kurama's neck and squeezed. "Die…"

The world around him swirled, as Kurama felt no air entering his already burning lungs. He strained to look around, then, amazingly, he could breathe again.

He looked over Rakuto's arms to see him frozen; a horror filled look plastered on his face. His sight returned to him and he looked down to Rakuto's chest.

A spirit sword was sticking out from the middle of his chest.

Kuwabara had followed the weak vines path backwards through the shield; towards Rakuto and had struck the mad demon between the shoulder blades.

Rakuto's grip had loosened enough for Kurama to breathe, but now he tightened his grip with one hand and turned half around to strike Kuwabara with the other, the spirit sword dispersing and a spell quickly forming at Rakuto's fingertips. As Kurama was becoming unconscious yet again, he heard Hiei scream and yell for the ensatsu kokuryuuha again.

Kuwabara yipped upon hearing Hiei, and he tried to back away from Rakuto as quick as he could.

The demon froze completely, releasing Kurama in his surprise. Kurama slumped flat on the floor.

The black dragon roared forth once again, this time hitting Rakuto full on before he could counter with a spell to save himself. Kurama was safe from harm, since he lay flat, but Kuwabara wasn't as quick to escape and the dragon hit the back of his shirt, burning the cloth. The dragon turned and hit Rakuto once more before dispersing and disappearing, his body burning to nothingness.

Hiei watched the dragon with eyes half closed and barely standing from weakness. He was relieved that they had finally finished off the damn obsessive demon, Rakuto. He dropped onto one knee, extremely tired from using his powers so much, but he refrained from falling anymore as he saw Kuwabara rise slowly and Kurama did not.

He forced himself up and staggered over to Kurama's still demon form. He was startled to find that Kurama's injuries were worse than he thought and his life energy dwindling. The fox had really used all the energy he had to fight Rakuto; Hiei wondered how he had even been able to stand before with such a small amount of energy and those injuries.

Kuwabara soon joined him, eyeing both for their injuries. "Tell me what I can do."

Hiei looked at Kurama and sighed before sitting down hard on the dirt; his body still shook slightly from exhaustion as he tried to slow his breathing a bit.

"His energy's almost gone. If we can't find some way to increase it, Kurama will die." He said flatly, not even looking up at Kuwabara, who was still standing beside him.

Kuwabara eyed Hiei carefully, sensing his energy and how much he had left. "I know what you're thinking, Hiei, but you cant. Your energy's almost out too."

"I know that idiot." He said quickly after the last word, but he said no more after that; he felt too bad to fight with Kuwabara now.

Kuwabara turned around and took a couple of steps as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Look. I know you care about him, but you don't have to do that." He waited for Hiei to answer back, but the youkai never did, so Kuwabara turned around in curiosity.

"Hiei?"

Hiei was holding Kurama as well as he could in his arms, black energy circling around them both. The Jagan eye was the only one open, and he was pressing his lips tight against Kurama's in a desperate attempt to transfer his energy to the unconscious fox.

Kuwabara understood that that wasn't the only reason for what Hiei was doing, and he respectfully looked away and turned around. He found something in the dirt to play at with his foot. Shortly after, he heard a noise and turned back around to see Hiei slump to the floor.

*

[End of Chapter 6: Dead and End]

*

The pointed second hand counts down the life I lead~~~

Marking off my legacy of worldly deeds~~~

Tick tock tick!

Constantly I think of things I cant complete~~~

But its time to throw them into the back seat!~~

La la laaaaaaaaaa (^^;; I don't know what the last words are supposed to be!)

*

*

[Afterthoughts: okay, I wrote this while trying hard to clean up my room, which I might add- is impossible. It was the only time I had to myself. Even as I write this little bit, mom is yelling at me to get the hell off Sesshomaru. (Yes, my computer has a name- and by sure hell, he has a gender, too!) I find that easier that referring to it as `the computer' or `my com'- Just give them a freaking name!!! Gomen, I'm hyper now. hyper due to Hiei and Soma. And how come every time I do the afterthoughts I'M APOLOGIZING!!! >< Oh well, sayonara!]

[Please read and review! XD]

{Theme song used near beginning of chapter by Linkin Park. Ending theme is Homework [I think that's what its called. If anyone wants to tell me for sure, that would be greatly appreciated.] from Yu Yu Hakusho's ending theme.}

[Please don't sue me. @.@]

[If you want the song theme things gone, tell me, and POOF, they're gone! Well, not just cus you hate them or something, but for a… reasonable purpose. ]