Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho: Rakuto's Return ❯ Chapter 7: Survived ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please take note: Yu Yu Hakusho and all its characters are the property of Yoshihiro Togashi, Weekly Shonen Jump, Fuji Television, Studio Pierrot, FUNimation, so on, whatever else, etc. etc. All song lyrics © Warner Bros. Records Inc.

[there's my disclaimer. A little more at the end. *sigh* I know, but I have to.]

Please don't sue me. @.@

*

WARNING: This contains Yaoi content. [between Kurama and Hiei. Who else? XD]

Also contains violence and cursing.

*

Rakuto's Return

*

*

Come on! Don't die!

"Shuichi! Please! Breathe…" Shiori cried on her husbands shoulder as Yusuke and Shizuru desperately tried to help Kurama's unmoving form.

Yusuke was beating furiously on Kurama's chest, but he still didn't hear a heat beat. Not one.

"Dammit Kurama! C'mon!" He continued to pound his chest, then stopped after a while. He sighed as he placed his hands at the edge of the bed and stared down at them.

"Kurama… you once told me: everyone has a story. Everyone has the story of their life to tell. Well, if you go, I'll have to tell you're family your story. And I cant do that. YOU have to do it. So please, do something. Breathe, sigh, - for gods sake wake up!"

Kuwabara, Hiei. What's happened? This cant be…

** ** ** **

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rakuto's Return

Chapter Seven: Survived

This is my December,

This is my time of the year

This is my December,

This is all so clear.

[Just wish that it wouldn't feel like there was something I missed]

This is my December,

These are my snow-covered trees

This is me pretending

This is all of me…

-Linkin Park [MY<DSMBR]

** ** ** **

"You little shrimp! Wake up!" Kuwabara yelled at Hiei as he shook him, but Hiei was as limp as a rag doll. Kuwabara shook him more, "you better not die! Ya hear me!?"

Hiei just lay there, he couldn't move at all. All he could do was listen as Kuwabara shook him violently screaming to not die. Hiei wanted to tell him: `Idiot! Stop shaking me! I'm fine!' but he couldn't even open his eyes, let alone his lips.

Did Kurama survive? He wished he could ask that too.

Kuwabara relaxed when he heard Hiei sigh and immediately stopped shaking and yelling at him, but there was no other response from Hiei. The little guy was spent. He then turned his attention to Kurama.

When Kuwabara had turned around earlier after hearing the noise, he found Hiei passed out on top of Kurama. Kuwabara had removed him and laid him flat on his back. Before he began shaking and yelling at him, that is. Both still hadn't awakened, or even moved on their own. Only Hiei had done something, and that was the small sigh.

Kuwabara had checked Kurama. Yes, he was still alive, but only barely. Kuwabara turned to Hiei again. "Hey. Listen up, runt. Kurama's still alive, so you gotta be too, ya hear?"

There was still no response from him.

This was getting annoying. Kuwabara stopped and thought for a moment. He smiled when he realized the perfect thing to use in order to get a response.

"Hiei. If you die, whose gonna watch out for Yukina? You know I can't protect her all the time all by myself…" he was going to say more, but he noticed Hiei's hand twitch, then clench into a weak fist.

There we go! Kuwabara made a small silent rejoice.

Sure, Hiei annoyed him, and, sure, they weren't exactly the best of friends, but that didn't mean he wasn't happy to see his fellow reply.

"Hiei…" A very faint whisper.

Kuwabara turned to a half conscious Kurama.

"It… will be cold at night… if you die." Kurama spoke while flat on his back; no energy of his own left, but the energy Hiei had given soon allowing him to make small movements.

He dug in his torn and bloody tunic for something, then produced a jet black tear gem, a small spot reflecting red from lighting. He opened one eye ever so slightly to look at it. He held it out so Kuwabara could see what he had, before turning his head slightly towards them.

"Yeah!" Kuwabara added. "If you die, Hiei, Kurama will- HEY!! Cut it out! Enough with the mushy stuff! Yuk!" he made a nasty face.

Kurama smiled, despite the pain still coursing through his body. "Hiei… I know you an still hear me…remember: I love you…"

Hiei frowned and his face bore an annoyed look.

Kuwabara and Kurama looked at each other and let small laughs escape.

Kuwabara laughed at his newfound teasing technique. "Ooo. Embarrassed, I see! Little runt's tough, that's for sure."

Kuwabara stopped laughing when Kurama coughed many hard times. "You okay?"

Kurama smiled. "Yeah. Only my entire body hurts, but its nothing much," he joked.

They both laughed again.

Hiei opened his eyes suddenly and immediately glared at Kuwabara before closing them again tiredly. "Idiot, if you even touch Yukina, I'll kill you slow and painfully. And you, stupid fox-"

"Thank you, Hiei." Kurama answered before Hiei could finish. He reached over and touched Hiei's hand, then moved towards him and gave a kiss.

Kuwabara looked away again. Two guys- and not only two guys but two of his best friends- kissing would take some getting used to.

"Hn." Hiei said before drifting off.

** ** ** **

Yusuke and Keiko pulled away quickly; Keiko blushing and Yusuke looking away, after their happy hug.

Shizuru laughed at their embarrasement. "That's okay. The good thing is, he's alive now, but that was a very close call."

Kurama lay in the bed still, his smaller human chest moving up and down slightly, a small sign he was alive. They didn't just get a heartbeat and breathing from him again, but he was now back into his red headed human form.

Shu-chan was busy helping Shiori dry her tears. She had begun crying when Kurama had stopped breathing, but now she had stopped, mostly. The only tears now were happy ones.

Kazuya rubbed the back of his neck as he slowly walked towards Yusuke. "Um, Yusuke…"

Yusuke looked at him.

"I want to… thank you. For everything." He held out his hand to shake with Yusuke. Yusuke gratefully shook it. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

Yusuke smiled. "Ha. Don't worry about it. I probably wouldn't have believed it either if I were you, but you should really thank Kuwabara and Hiei. They were the ones who saved him, really."

"Thanks. I'm sure Shiori and Shu-chan agree with me when I say: if you need anything, anything at all, just ask."

Yusuke stuck out his hand again, this time more casually. They both shook hands for the second time. "Thanks."

** ** ** **

He wasn't going too fast on the way back from the weirdly shaped building to the Ningenkai. Kuwabara had to carry both Hiei and Kurama. He had one on each shoulder, as neither could walk on their own and he couldn't exactly leave them there or wait for them to recover enough to. But he was glad Kurama was at least human now, which had lightened the weight on Kuwabara, but despite that, he still had to stop frequently and reshift the weight of the two before continuing the trek on.

He was surprised that Kurama had enough energy to make jokes and tease over his shoulder.

"Aww, come on Hiei. One more kiss, please~?" Kurama begged; a little laugh in his voice.

"Would you stop that? How can you joke around right now anyway?" Hiei bit back, insanely embarrassed.

"Please~?" Kurama continued.

Kuwabara grunted. "If you two don't stop right now, I'll leave both of ya here in the Makai!"

Both gave an alarmed look.

Kurama's green eyes flashed and he giggled. "Aw, that's okay. Hiei's too weak to fight off my advances anyway."

"KURAMA!!" Kuwabara and Hiei yelled.

"And who's fault would that be?" Hiei continued.

"Not mine!" Kurama yelled playfully.

Hiei checked his energy levels; greatly considering blowing them both away with his black dragon.

Everyone became quiet. The only noise was Kuwabara's walking as he dragged the two off.

"Rakuto." Kuwabara started, breaking the silence. "He was one real bad dude."

Kurama nodded, "yes."

"I really hate that guy.- was real shocker that he still survived, after what we did to him last time. But judging by that face. Wow. J'ya see him?" He laughed. " He must have been pretty pissed by that alone."

Kurama laughed slightly. "Yes. At least this time, his face matched his soul. The look suited him well." Kurama added.

Kuwabara nodded in agreement.

There was a small silence.

"I hate him, too." Hiei added, giving Kurama a nervous look behind, where Kuwabara couldn't see. He continued in a light whisper. "Are you okay?"

Kurama's smile briefly left; quickly returning. He nodded. "I'll be okay. As long as you're here with me…"

"Hn." Hiei looked away, embarrassed.

"Hiei?"

Hiei looked at Kurama. "Eh?"

"Thanks." Kurama kissed Hiei's fingers.

Kuwabara stopped to reshift weights again. "Okay, now. I don't mind a little of that stuff, but could you not do it so much in front of me? Or at least wait until we get back to the Ningenkai? Man, that's gonna take some getting used to."

Kurama laughed, as Hiei turned away, embarrassed yet again.

** ** ** **

Kurama opened his eyes and slowly sat up. He had two blankets on top of him and he saw his family and the others in the room. He reshifted some of his hair. "Um, hey. What's everyone doing here?" he joked weakly, laughing slightly nervous.

Tears welled up in Shiori's eyes. "Shuichi…" she suddenly hugged him and began crying.

Kurama nearly fell back as she hugged him. "Mother… please don't cry. I'm okay now. Really." He returned a hug to her, nodding a hello to his brother and shaking his stepfathers hand as he did.

" I know… but still…" Shiori replied from the folds of his shirt.

The door opened and Kuwabara was standing there, still holding Hiei, who was now cursing the taller with strains of Makai words. "Put me down now! Or I'll kill you!"

Kurama laughed at Hiei over Shiori's shoulder.

Yusuke forgot all and turned to the two who had just entered. "What happened back there?"

"Kazuma, put him down." Shizuru commanded to her little brother.

Kuwabara walked to the bed and none-too-gently dumped the koorime down next to Kurama; much to Kurama's delight and Hiei's embarrassment.

Kurama tried not to embarrass Hiei anymore then he already had at the time and put on the same mask that he wore before. The one that hid the fact that the two were together, but his feelings didn't seem to stay back too well for at least a couple of seconds.

"Thank you both. Hiei. Kuwabara." Kazuya said, nodding at Kuwabara first then Hiei, but he stopped and raised an eyebrow when he noticed Kurama was hugging Hiei. "Don't do that. You look yaoi."

Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara all froze. Hiei blushed slightly and Kurama began laughing. "By what do you mean? Hiei did save my life, after all." Kurama spoke gratefully and truthfully. Hiei had saved his life.

You have no idea… the truth is right here in front of you.

Kazuya nodded; the answer was good for him.

Yusuke, however, saw through Kurama's words and his disguise, and he looked at them both with a confused look as he took in the information of the two.

He cleared his throat. "Ahem… we'll all leave you guys alone for a while." He said, grabbing Kuwabara as he left. Keiko, Yukina, and Shizuru left right behind him voluntarily, understanding, Hiei trudging after. Yusuke was sure that Kurama and his human family would need some time alone to talk with him, now that they knew about his `little' secret. And now that he knew about Hiei and Kurama, he had some teasing to do.

** ** ** **

Hiei sat in the tree, watching Kurama as the red headed human planted seeds in his garden.

He was aware that Kurama knew he was there watching him, but he hadn't said anything yet, so Hiei stayed put and simply watched him as he finished planting the seeds and now began watering all the plants. But Hiei could tell something was wrong with Kurama.

He jumped out from the tree and stood next to Kurama, pointing to the watering can he was holding. "You know, Kurama. It doesn't help to water plants when you have no more water."

Kurama simply let the can fall to his side in his hand. Hiei was confused when Kurama fell to his knees, slightly shaking. Hiei was worried that Kurama might not be fully over his injuries, and he asked him in concern. "Kurama, are you in pain?"

The only response he got was Kurama tightly wrapping his arms around Hiei's waist. He was surprised, but it soon disappeared and he gave the fox a soft hug back. It didn't matter that he couldn't think of anything to say to comfort Kurama.

Kurama just hugged Hiei as he felt hot tears form in the back of his eyes. He wanted to tell Hiei all about it. How he was just so utterly happy to have Hiei there with him; safe; not dead. How he didn't know what he would have done, had Hiei not gone to rescue him, and if Hiei had died for him… to apologize for letting himself be taken so easily, and how scared he had been the whole time. He just couldn't find the words to say what he felt.

It was funny in a way. The one thing, out of them all; out of torture and defeat and pain; out of all fears, the one that truly scared him the most, was losing Hiei; Hiei's death.

Hiei sensed that maybe Kurama wanted to talk to him. He ran his hands down Kurama's hair and gave a short tight hug. "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

Kurama sighed shakily and nodded, then released Hiei and stood; brushed the dirt off his knees, which still didn't come off completely.

He put on a smile, aware that Hiei could see through it, but outing it on anyway. He wiped the tears from his eyes. "That would be… nice."

Hiei smiled and they both walked out of the garden together.

*

[End of Chapter7: Survived]

*

The pointed second hand counts down the life I lead~~~

Marking off my legacy of worldly deeds~~~

Tick tock tick!

Constantly I think of things I cant complete~~~

But its time to throw them into the back seat!~~

SON OF A GUN!!!!!

(Believe me, that's what it says at the end. Thank you Toonami)

*

*

[Afterthoughts: All right. This is the last chapter. T.T I wish I could have made it longer.. or-or-made good specials to go with it, but I did make one, but it seriously sux, and has no point except to burn time about it, and wont be posted. T.T I shall miss writing this each day after school, but like I said before: I'm working on another! It should be long, and has a lot of twists to it- or it should. I plan on that. And it has a beautiful person, and another and two girls and - I shouldn't spoil it! You'll just have to read it, but sorry, I don't have a name for it. Hopefully I can think of one, but in the meantime you can either pop me in your favorites file and wait till it tells you, or just watch for my new one. Sayonara!

Oh, and by the way, did anyone notice when I first posted the 1st, and 5th chapter, that there was the word yÅko in it, before I edited it. Yeah, about that. We,, my com has this nice ability to enter the original o with the line above it, but it turns out that when I submit it to mm, it changes to yÅko. I dunno why, it just does. So remember that if you try to do the same thing. See ya.]

{Theme song used near beginning of chapter by Linkin Park. Ending theme is Homework [I think that's what its called. If anyone wants to tell me for sure, that would be greatly appreciated.] from Yu Yu Hakusho's ending theme.}

[Please don't sue me. @.@]

[Too late to tell me to rid the songs! The last chapter and I'm not changing them one bit]