Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho Re-Written: The Dark Tournament ❯ Chapter one: “Ichi, Ni, San,,,” ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN~ *bows* ^_^ Sankyu for reading! Yeah, I’m short on the ANs, but, that’s a GOOD thing.

 

~~

Chapter one: "Ichi, Ni, San,,,"

 

Kat closed her book after putting a book mark in it. She then threw it up in the air and dispelled it. Paturiku snapped his fingers and an ice sword formed in his hand. Juu summoned up a black rose which turned into a staff, the flower hardening at the end. Kat grinned as her two female partners arrived before them. Ayaka, a Black haired girl with golden eyes and distinctive facial features such as a sharp yet button like nose and almond shaped eyes. She was of average height unlike her blonde haired kitsune friend Mashiki who was six inches taller than the 5’4 ice demon. Mashiki had long, un-styled hair and a common face. The uncommon thing about this woman was the grain orange ears and tails that adorned her curvy figure. Both gold eyed girls were dressed in their white mage robes that marked them as B-class magic users.

Kat eyed the girls warily. Neither of them were friends with her, nor were they on good terms with her. Both girls were constantly armed. Ayaka with two daggers as well as scroll spells and as Mashiki with a medieval sword from England and a long dagger from a modern armory in America. Kat motioned for Mashiki to get behind her as she walked to the head of her now isolated group. Mashiki grumbled darkly and went into the protection behind the rest of the group. She carried precious cargo, it wasn’t a secret. A rather large Cocoon was strapped to her back, whilst it was lightweight now it had been growing. This was a weapon given to them by Samosa.

Kat held her hand up and summoned a thin handled, broad bladed glaive. It’s blade was so polished that were the moon visible it’s surface would reflect as if it were the sun’s direct light. The thin and hollow handle was the exact opposite, at 6’5 the black handle was menacing. Dead bodies, omens of ill will and many other things were inscribed in it’s enchanted surface. The red head then seemed aware of what was going on around her. No longer was this a pleasure cruise where she spent her time reading the long days away. This was a ship of apparitions. Apparitions that seemed to be focusing their hatred towards her.

Kat overheard the whispers of her and her companion. ‘Filthy human.’ ‘Traitors.’ and the word ‘fools’ Were the most commonly heard words from the mingled bodies of the demons. Kat smirked, acting as though her guard had been let down. "Oh? Traitors are they? How do you know I’m not the traitor?" That did it. The demons that weren’t smart enough to know she was teasing them had let their guard down. Those that were smart enough would let their anger get the best of them when hell broke free from it’s leash.

So it began. With one fell slash from the blade Kat had named Kuromitsuki and a fourth of the demons had been brought down. Decapitation was Kat’s passion as far as dispelling opponents was concerned. The second Kat had drawn her breath that lead to an attack Juu had ran forward. His staff lobbed off several heads before Kat had even jumped forward. It was obvious Juu was the stronger of the two. It was obvious by putting the two next to each other. Juu looked stronger than Kat in his sleep, more so when he waked. Now they showed the demons why they were a team. Kat was a decoy, doing a fair amount of damage and distracting the enemies whilst Juu cut them down with various attacks.

Within five minutes all but the thickest skinned demons had fallen to Kat’s blade and the deadly Juu’s magic. By the end of the sixth minute the last of the demons had been sliced and diced. Kat came out of the mess with only a dab of blood on her shirt from a cut in her upper ear and blood soaked sandals that had once been brown but were soaked through to the very leather straps that held them on. Juu on the other hand was soaked through. Fully able to come out spotless, he chose to be covered in his enemies blood from head to toe.

Paturiku, Ayaka and Mashiki had all seen this before but would never get used to it.

Kat looked at Juu and raised an eyebrow. "I hope you intend to take a bath. I’m not sure that you want your hair to be stained red. Then we’d never get it out of Samosa’s head that we weren’t related." Juu’s response was a grin and flicking some blood off his hands in a playful manner. "What. It’s not my fault demons bleed so well."

~

The team awoke the next day in a hotel suite. A fancy hotel suite none the less. Kat had fallen asleep on one of the couches upon hitting it’s pillowy surface. Not even having enough time to notice Juu head strait for the shower to wash off what little of the blood he hadn’t consumed. Juu and Paturiku slept near Kat. Juu letting her use him as a pillow and Paturiku on the couch across from Kat’s place of rest.

Juu had changed back into his mage robes upon waking up. His were different from the other’s in the hotel suite. His were reminiscent of the dress like robes worn by male mages in the hidden cities of star* and moon*. the birth places of magic. His teacher was a traditionalist, whilst Juu’s custom was to break all traditions in on way or another. His way was to wear black street clothes under a single robe tied with a single loop of black rope. Kat wore robes in the style of her first teacher. A robe of three layers. The top most being similar to that of Juu’s only with slits in the long sleeves and sides of the robe. The second layer was made of a durable fabric and went no further than the knees so as not to inhibit running. The third and final layer was that of a silk like fabric made of a flower from the Kurakai. It’s only function was to cover what the other two robes did not and to be comfortable. Most of the time Kat wore only the top layer and her normal clothes due to the fact she would over heat in battle. But when she was at Samosa’s she wore the full package.

Juu watched Paturiku wake up. The boy moved his black hair from his eyes in order to see. Juu wondered why he didn’t just keep his bangs short with the rest of his hair. Juu didn’t dwell on it as Ayaka and Mashiki walked out of the room they had been sleeping in. they both walked into the restroom as if connected at the hips. Paturiku shivered. "I don’t know what they do in there, but I bet one of them is tri-sexual." Juu shrugged. "Dunno." He said not getting the joke.

It was then Kat’s turn to wake up, and wake up she did. She made her first action by sitting up and her second by looking at Juu with sleepy eyes. "You should become a professional pillow." That made Juu crack a smile.

One hour and twenty six bad jokes, provided by Paturiku, later. They were on their way down the hall and to the arena to hear the opening ceremonies and learn who the guest team was. Kat had no idea she was to meet up with some old friends. Or that she’d regret coming.

 

~~~

*Star- The goddess Mirra’s city in ancient times. Whilst it’s suspected to be a myth, it’s called the birthing place of white magic. The first mages were scholars that the goddess favored. At first all mages in this city were male till a healer who was with child caught the goddess’ eye. The healer was given the power to heal from the goddess whilst her child was given the power to destroy by the Goddess’ brother, the god Matkos.

*moon - The God Matkos’s city in ancient times. the birth place of black magic. All of his mages were wrathful women, given magic if they would bear his seed. He was destroyed by his own revenge upon his sister, the Goddess Mirra.