Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yukina ❯ Yukina ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Summary:: Yukina's death as through Hiei's eyes. Most likely a one shot.

---

Kurama had told me to run. He told me that Yukina was in trouble. My mind starts to wonder. Is she captured, injured or...No I cannot think that way. Maybe it's just a joke, or maybe she is just lost.

Damn these ningen streets. So damned crowded. I growl in frustration as I pass another jammed street. Why does something like this delay me so? Is it just that I am fearful of what I might find?

I hear Kurama's voice urging me to go faster. Forgetting these ningens I pick up my speed a little more.

Urgency. There was such urgency in his voice. My mind fills with images. What would cause such urgency in his voice?

I become a blur as fear strikes my heart. It's becoming impossible for me to breathe. Tears sting at my eyes. Blinking quickly I kick up my pace another notch.

I have to keep these thought at bay. I cannot think like this.

Seeing the temple I pick up my pace a little more. Hundreds of stairs are nothing for me at this speed.

She's close I can feel it. But there's something else I feel. Is it fear? No it's freedom. It feels as though she's seen paradise. But that would mean...No that is not true. No, Yukina just found me it cannot be true.

I run to her room but Kuwabara and Yusuke stop me. Yusuke tells me he's sorry. That they tried everything. But I do not listen. My eyes travel to the tiny bed. Kurama's staring at me. Tears are in his eyes.

Then. Then is when it becomes so real. I give up my fight. All I have strength for now is to fall.

I stare at her from the floor. There's so much blood. The snow white cotton sheets are now bright red.

Why her? It should have been me. I should have been the one. She's so pure hell she never hurt a fly before. If I could I would take her place.

Why not me? I have murdered, stole and deceived. Why could not I have been the object of their wrath?

Tears sting my eyes as I run for her. My sister. The one that loved me for who I really was. She never shyed away from me. To her my past did not matter.

Her skin is cold and her lips are so pale. Ever so gently I kiss her forehead and lay my head on her chest.

There I cry. I cry like there's no tomorrow. I do not care if I'm seen as weak. I have lost the only person that has ever meant anything to me. My reason for living.

I feel a light touch on my shoulder. Kuwabara's standing there with tears in his eyes. I had forgotten that he lost her too. Right now I can see how deep his love for her really was. It was more then a fling. Silently I kick myself for being so hard on him.

Kneeling he embraces me and we cry together. Right now I forget my pride. Without my sister there's no need for pride. I forget about everyone and everything. The only things that I notice now is my dead sister, her grieving boyfriend and my aching heart.

All I can say is that Koenma better lock me up because as soon as I'm done grieving I'm going to get everyone at fault. They made the biggest mistake ever when they decided to lay a finger on my precious sister. By the time I'm done with them they will beg for me to put them out of their misery.

I pick up one of my tears. Such precious stones these are. However compared to her they are worthless.

I place one of the Heriseki stones in her hands. Gently I kiss her one last time and allow myself to be led out of the room.

Looking back one last time I say my farewell to her. Good bye my precious sister. I will love you always.

---

So how was it? Please read and review. I don't know whether to continue or not. So I'll let you decide. Should I continue with the others reactions to her death, life after Yukina's death (revenge and such) or should I leave a good thing alone? Please tell me in your reviews.