Zatch Bell Fan Fiction ❯ The mamodo that controls time and the hidden spell ❯ Two blades, One hero ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6: Two blades, One hero

“Kiyo, home come you knew your new sword could blast through that time fog?” Zatch asked Kiyo, dwelling on he previous battle.
“Simple Zatch, the first time he used it, everything going along with the fog gets frozen in time, everything going against it can cut through. I saw a bird come, flying against the fog, and it was still moving. I don't understand why such a powerful spell can have such a weak flaw, but I guess every power comes with a weakness,” Kiyo explained.
Zatch had no idea what Kiyo had just said, and just smiled and nodded.
“That was close…Tia I was afraid I would lose you!” Megumi said, crying, as she bent over and hugged her mamodo.
Kiyo stared at them for a minute. He couldn't understand why he was appointed with the Sword of The Mamodo king, when Tia's and Megumi's friendship seemed much stronger then theirs. And he couldn't help but detect hints of jealousy when Tia had explained what the swords purpose was. Suddenly, he spoke without thinking.
“Tia?” he asked, “Is there possible for more then one sword to find its way on earth? Well…if another mamodo and human team forges a bond of friendship so strong it deserves one of these mamodo king swords?”
Kiyo was fumbling with his words; his genius reputation seemed to be slipping away after saying that.
Megumi suddenly perked up, as if Kiyo activated something within her. Tia began to speak, and Megumi listened attentively.
“Well…I don't know. It's a possibility. The legend states that Incarus was one of the few Kind Kings that ruled over the mamodo world centuries ago. He wanted to end the great battle, but was eventually overruled by the others in a mutiny. But he knew there were others who felt like him. So he figured if he could not end the great battle, he would make sure that those who did not want to battle, wouldn't have to. By this, he issued to all these mamodo to find a human partner in which they knew they could forge a bond of friendship so powerful, not even the hand of the devil could break it. When this occurred, the spell book would react to this, and as well as feed off the anger of the human, it would begin to also feed off the human's fears. If one of those fears were losing the mamodo partner in question, or fear of destroying another mamodo, the Sword of the Mamodo King could be unlocked. Each ruler from generation to generation uses this sword. Since the sword enables the beholder to execute spells without a spell book, Incarus multiplied and sacrificed himself into all the spell books. Now a duplicate of the sword can be unleashed in each book. Your spell book may holster several new spells for the sword corresponding to Zatch's book, but in reality it can function without it, as long as you now what to recite,” Tia explained.
“So if all the books have a sword in them, there's a chance you guys can get one too!” Kiyo said excitedly.
Megumi's eyes lit up, but she said nothing.
Zatch began to turn his head, and suddenly it was like slow motion to Kiyo. He waited until his eyes were looking directly at Tia, that was when Kiyo yelled: “ZAKER!”
Zatch shot Tia, and she flew back.
“Kiyo what are you doing!” Megumi said in shock.
“ZAKER!” he yelled again.
Tia was hit once more.
“Kiyo! STOP IT!”
“ZAKER!”
And again.
“ZAKER!”
Kiyo continued until finally Megumi burst into to tears. Zatch caught glimpse and looked up at Megumi. His eyes were now locked on her spell book.
“ZAKER!” This time Kiyo roared, louder then ever.
Lightning shot right towards the book.
“NO!” Megumi screamed, “TIA!”
Megumi tried moving out of the way, when suddenly her book began to glow a blinding light. Zatch's attack was destroyed.
Megumi shut her eyes, evading the light. When it disappeared, she opened them to find her book was glowing with a green aura. She opened it to find a green spell.
“Incarus!” she gasped, as she read it.
Kiyo smiled.
“So that is what you were planning! Oh thank you Kiyo!” she flung her around him.
Tia stormed into the scene.
“WHY DID YOU MAKE ME GET ATTACKED BY ZATCH?!” she shouted at Kiyo.
“Tia! Calm down, look!” Megumi said, pointing to the green spell.
Tia stared in disbelief.
Zatch forged a smile; he looked at the feminine pair.
“Hey! We may both be protected now by our humans, but this battle isn't over yet!”