Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Further Separation ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Further Seperation
 
The woman removes her hood and pink flowing hair falls past her shoulders, “Explosion.”
Seth jaw drops, “Louise?” Before anything further can leave his lips a blast erupts in his face.
 
 
The ground suddenly shakes and a familiar sound echoes through the air as the others look into the horizon and as even though the sun won't set for a few more hours the scene is breathe taking. Reds and yellows dance arcoss the endless horizon but the beautiful sight is far from relaxing as the group begins to run in the direction.
Saito quickly gets ahead of everyone else and arrive is the first to come close enough to see what has happened. To someone from earth the sight look like a tank had fired at barrel of gasoline. The grass and ground are scorched just like the some of the building back at the burning town they just passed through. In the middle of the blast two spots are less damaged than the rest of the circle of destruction.
The rest of the group finally catch up and Zion quickly notices what took Saito so long to.
“The ground here and there are both in much better condition than the rest of this area.” Zion turns back to the group and looks at Rain, “These spots are too small to be fallen bodies outlines.” Though the news is far from good, to Rain the sound of Seth withstanding such a blast is a great deal of worry off of her shoulders.
Saito kneals down near a spot of grass that is still on fire.
'Louise, could it be her?'
Saito stands up and suddenly sprints off. Before Zion can do anything to stop him Saito is well over fifty feet away.
“We should follow him.”
Hina looks at the ground and the burns all in a near perfect circle, “But how does he know where he is going?”
Zion shrugs, “I guess he just does.”
Tabitha sneeks past Zion, “Louise....” The name alone is reason enough for the remaining member of the group follow after Tabitha who is following after Saito.
 
 
Seth can feel the blood rushing from his legs to his head, 'my head hurts, what happened?' He tries to look around but has to close his eyes again because of the intense pain caused by just having them open, 'am I dead, no, if I was dead than there is no way I could feel like this....the explosion, pink hair......Louise, no it looked like her but the guy called her........called her..........Allison, right Allison.' He tries to get his thoughts together but between the blood rushing to his head and the swaying of the person carrying him, nothing seems to stick besides a few words, 'pink hair, Allison'
 
 
Saito keeps running until he sees that the foot prints come to a dead end simply stopping. He quickly scans the area and then pulls out Derflinger, “Partner I think they may be using magic to hide their foot prints, can you help me.”
“I'll try, swing me horizontally and I'll try to disperse the magic.”
Saito winds up like a samurai playing baseball and swings. Derflinger releases an unfimiliar wave of red energy and small blasts like fireflies combusting start happening in front of him. “Thanks partner.” Saito quickly puts Derflinger away and restarts his running following the trail as it begins to reveal itself to him.
 
 
Seth opens his eyes again the pain while still a large discomfort isn't as bad as before. He looks across the back of the person carrying him and sees Airo also hanging over the shoulder of the large man that laughed at them eariler.
The moments before blacking out finally begin to clear up.
As the explosion erupted Airo pulled Seth away from the near blast. 'So that's what happened, he pulled me back because a blast that close would've killed me' Seth looks back over to Airo, he is alive form the looks of it, not good shape but considering what happened not too long ago he looks pretty good. Seth begins to try and formulate a plan. He quickly tries to find a way out of his current catporer's hands. He quickly spots a knife and scarrab at the man's waist. Seth slowly reaches for the handle and barely can touch it with his finger tips. 'Shit..........screw it!'
Seth forces his body down by thrusting his arms down and grabs the knife. In one quick motion he jams the knife forcefully into the man's back and falls to the ground. Before step two of his plan can start he realizes that his legs have absolutely no feeling and he can't get up past his knees.
The man quickly spins around and punts Seth in the jaw lifting him off the ground and down onto his back, “You little ass,” the man reaches over his shoulder with his opposite arm and with a wrenching motion removes the knife from his back. “Now I'm gonna kill you.”
The man lifts Seth up by his neck and slugs him in the face letting Seth fall back to his knees. Seth spits out a mouthful of blood onto the man's boots and smirks. The man brings his leg back to build momentum on his next kick but before he can bring his boot up Seth suddenly charges and rams his shoulder into the man's chest knocking him to the ground. Seth finally gets the feeling back in his legs but the feeling to quickly replaced by skin ripping pain in his back. Seth quickly terns and finds himself staring down a woman with lavender hair.
“Helious.”
Seth turns to see who she is speaking to just as a large fist connects with the side of his head and he falls back to the ground. He struggles to push up off the ground but is quickly thworted as the largest man in the group stomps down on Seth back forcing him back into the ground.
“Sara, can I kill him, it's only fair. He stabbed me!”
The lavender haired woman looks at the cloaked figure or Allison and smiles, “No in fact, Arimus leave that other one here as well.” Seth looks up from the ground as Sara walks over to Allison and removes her hood, “Do you know this person?” Seth grits his teeth and tries to not further upset the large Helious, who still has his now blood covered boot on Seth's back. Sara yanks on the cloak showing Allison's upper chest, a symbol in the shape of a spider is tattooed into her skin. “She does what ever we want and just think, all we had to do was torture her a little and put her under a simple spell. Louise is dead, you tell Gandalfr that.”
The man that was carrying Airo begins to laugh like a pig again and the group turns and walks away.
Seth reaches towards the group as they disappear into the horizon, “Wait, Louise......” Seth blacks out.
 
 
Seth opens his eyes and is quick to scan his current situation and finds himself lying on a sleeping bag, a fire a few feet away. Seth sits up and cringes at the pain in his back from the cuts and the stomp.
Saito almost like a ghost is suddenly in front of him and sits down facing towards the fire, “Are you okay?”
“Seth takes in a hindered breath, “I have been better but considered out of my usual beating this is probubly the best I've been after one.”
“It was Louise wasn't it?”
“Yeah....I'm sorry I tried.”
Saito smiles and looks over at Seth, “She's alive Seth....”
Seth smiles at Saito almost complete lack of understanding at the situation, “She is under a spell.”
Saito gets up and wipes off his pants, “Seth.....magic can be broken, I can't save her if she is dead.”
Seth shrugs and nods, “I suppose you are right.”
Saito walks away and Rain walks over, “You okay?”
Seth thinks about what has happened, “A whole town was burned down, I was nearly blown up, I was beaten until I was unconscious, twice, I think are going to need help.”
Rain pickes up a stick and pokes at the fire, “Kai?” Her tone say's more than just her inquisition to what Seth is thinking.
“We really could use his skills.”
“Are we close to his village?”
“If we keep going in this direction we should be there in a couple of days, it's not off course.” Seth's words seem like he is trying to convince Rain to let them try and get Kai. Rain sits down next to Seth and lifts open the sleeping bag he's on top of. Seth smiles and gets inside the sleeping back and cuddles up to Rain's back.
“Is that a yes?”