Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Haimere ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haimere
 
“The hero of course.” Haimere runs a hand through his blonde hair and smiles.
Rain points her wand at him and lightning begins to spiral around the wand releasing a sound similar to birds screeching, “Let him out or I'll”
Haimere points his finger at her and a small glowing sphere of energy begins to appear, “Milady, you won't stand a chance again my magic. I ask you please stop your attempt to intimidate me.” The energy from the pebble sized sphere can be felt by Airo at the back of the group.
Rain lowers her wand and the screeching lightning fades into nothingness. She drops to her knees and grabs hold of his pant leg, “please I beg you, she looks up at him with teary eyes, please let me have him.”
Haimere steps back making her release his pant leg, “I simply cannot do that, no matter how much your tears weigh on my soul. He summoned me, I already explained this and I do so hate explaining myself twice.” Rain stays on the ground her hands balled into fists and tears streaming down her face and wetting the ground. “Once my task is complete then I will release him from the book. This is how it must be, once summoned I must complete the task asked of me by the summoner.”
Zion helps Rain back to her feet, “Then what where those symbols on his arm and how can you be here if I saw a picture of your remains in a book much older than any one of us?”
Haimere shakes his head and smiles again, “You are a very questioning bunch aren't you? The symbols on....Seth's?...Seth's arm was the symbol of the Seer. That means that he alone could summon me from the book because he fit the requirements to hold the symbol.”
Rain looks at him with a scowl, “Then what was all that lightning and why couldn't he use his powers as the left arm of God?”
Haimere rubs his upper lip with his pointer finger, “The left arm of God you say? Very interesting.” Haimere spins so that his back is to the group and lifts his hand so that his palm is facing at the fallen tree from the earlier fight. His brow scrunches and a blast of energy and fire strike the tree turning it into splinters.
Saito looks at the man with complete shock, “What was that!?”
Haimere turns back and takes a look at his left hand, “What do you mean this is the power of the left arm of God of course.”
Zion crosses his arms, “You still haven't answered my question Haimere.”
“Oh yes, how I can be here and be dead at the same time.” Haimere pulls the book back out again and looks at the cover, “I died when I was still in my prime, I had saved my world, this world from the body of the Devil. When I finished my task I trapped myself in this book so that if the time arose against I could be brought back and save the world. So you see I preserved my soul but without a soul the body cannot live.”
“That still doesn't answer my question and what is the body of the Devil?”
“Asking more questions before getting the original answers, that is rather childish of you Zion.” Zion steps forward like he is about to fight Haimere himself but Haimere continues, “A body without a soul cannot live so my body died, those are the remains you saw in the book you read.”
Rain doesn't understand how can he be here if his body is dead even if his soul lives on there is no way for him to be here without a body. He looks nothing like Seth so how can he use his body. Haimere is taller has different hair, eye, and skin color it simply makes no sense.
“Milady I see the complication you are trying to overcome. This is the body of your lover, the soul makes up a man, not the body.”
“Your soul changed the way his body looked? Then what about the clothing and armor?”
Haimere closes his eyes and takes an crosses his arms, “I am a great mage, I used magic to alter his clothing so that it looked like the garb that I wore the last time I was in this world.”
Zion is about to repeat his last question but Haimere cuts him off, “The body of the Devil, were you all.”
Everyone looks at each other trying to see if any of them understood what he just said.
“The power to control any weapon, the power to do magic that even the void mage cannot, the perfect assassin, the power to fire blasts of magic through the hands with no knowledge of magic, and all of them rolled into one. The body of the devil, the holy knights you are the two side of the same coin. Who amoung you have never thought your powers made you special?”
No one answers his question.
“Having the power and being pure enough to help other in need is truly specail, but not everyone who has had the power where such people.”
Airo thinks back to the day they met Saito, Seth said that if he wanted to Airo could be the world's greatest assassin. The points presented by Haimere seem to be firm.
 
 
Seeing that it is useless to try to pursued Haimer to leave Seth's body the group continues on their way to finding Kai. Saito finding himself and Rain in a very similar situation tries his best to consoles her though it seems impossible. She doesn't cry but every time Haimere speaks or she looks at him her eyes become teary again. Being so close to her loved one but not really because his soul has been removed and trapped in a book by the original Seer, Haimere.
They set up camp along the road instead of going off the path like normal. Rain and Saito help each other set up there tents and for the first time all day she seems to be a little better.
“Saito thank you.”
“It's no problem Rain.”
She does something that Saito very rarely has seen a noble do, she bows, a very small one but for Rain, a mage, a noble that means a lot even if Saito is the Gandalfr. Saito smiles and as she turns and walks away he gives her a bow. Rain enters her tent and notices that Seth's pack is still the same.
Haimere must have left it along, though it's not exactly clothing.'
She opens the pack and looks in, clothing and random accessories for the everyday life of Seth. Though a majority of them are shredded the pack contains a few of his shirts from earth and a different pair of pants, made of a blue denim material. She remembers the first time he wore his “blue jeans” she mocked him about the material and look. She went and bought him clothing but he still on occasion wore his earth clothing. She smiles at the thought of Seth and his odd and sometimes humorous way of doing things.
The tent flap swings open and Haimere pokes his head in unannounced, “Hello Rain.”
Rain shrieks and kicks him in the forehead from her lying position and knocks him to the ground outside. She exits the tent and puts her wand to his forehead, “I don't care who you think you are, or if you are more powerful than more, if you ever enter my tent again, I will kill you.”
Haimere smirks as he rubs his forehead and stands up, “I was simply going to tell you have pleasant dreams.” He walks away from her and just loud enough for her to hear he whispers, “If you kill me, you kill Seth.”
Rain goes back into her tent realizing the truth of what he said, his soul, Seth's body. She tries to go to sleep but finds herself unable, “What am I supposed to do Seth?