Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Brothers ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Brothers
 
Haimere and Ryu are both in their preferred stances. Haimere blade made of magic begins to glow a dull white color. With a powerful downward swing the glow launched from his blade in the form of a eagle made of white light. Ryu puts his broad katana on his shoulder and as the eagle reaches him brings his blade down on the light halving it causing the two pieces to fly past him on either side dying before hitting the ground. Ryu charges at Haimere and swings his great blade horizontally at his brother. Haimere jumps over the swing and brings his blade down. Ryu plants his sword into the ground and uses it to swing himself away from the downward slash of Haimere.
Haimere lands on the ground and quickly whips his hand in Ryu's direction fire a ball of fire. Ryu tares his sword out of the ground using his magic to create an earth wave that destroys the fire ball. Haimere runs his middle and pointer finger down the length of his sword and this causes the blade to blow an intense blue. Once again he swings his sword down this time firing a vertical wave of energy that collides with the earth wave.
The collision causes an explosion of dirt and grass and dust making it impossible to see the enemy in front of you. Haimere holds his ground and takes a defensive stance. Suddenly the end of Ryu's blade cuts through the dust and in the split second Ryu locates Haimere and then the dust closes back up.
Haimere uses wind magic to blow away the ruble but Ryu is gone when he can finally see again. Haimere quickly looks up and sees Ryu bringing down his broad katana. Haimere falls backwards so that he has time to lift his sword to block. The broad sword slams into Haimere's magic blade and cuts halfway through it. Haimere kicks Ryu away and he quickly stands back up.
“What is wrong I thought that was a magic sword?”
Haimere scowls at Ryu and the blade begins to cause heat waves around it. The damage to the sword fills back in and the blade begins to transform into a more scimitar style sword.
“What's wrong brother did I say something I shouldn't have?”
Haimere rests the sword on his shoulder and begins to walk toward Ryu, Ryu does the same. As they close the distance they both begin to pick up their pace until they are running at each other. In true swordsmen fashion they both swing once and stop a few steps past each other.
Haimere falls to a knee and holds his now bleeding side, “You cheated.”
Ryu keeps his back turned but he begins to laugh as his broad blade doesn't have any blood on it but the blade he had kept concealed, a smaller faster to use long knife is dripping with Haimere's blood, “You really think I would try to beat you with my broad sword, that is an obvious thing someone with my intellect would notice as a sure to lose situation.”
Haimere snaps his fingers and a small explosion sends Ryu into the air and back down hard onto his side, “You think, I wouldn't use my magic skills against someone much more skills with the sword?”
Ryu gets up and looks at his brother with a very irrupted frown. He picks up his sword and puts the knife back in his sleeve, “Well I see you have.....!”
Ryu falls to his knees and clutches at his chest, the image of Kai slowly begins to appear outside of his body.
Kai quickly calls out, “Finish it!”
Haimere gets up and prepares to fire a blast of magic but the wound in his side makes him fall back to his knees. He picks up his blade and tries to quickly make his way to Ryu but by the time he reaches him Kai's image has faded and Ryu slams his fist into Haimere's jaw knocking him to the ground.
“It seems that the one I have took over still has some kick in him, so for now how about we call this a draw brother?”
 
 
Rain quickly crawls into Zion's tent and wakes him and Tabitha.
“Rain what's wrong?” Tabitha reach puts on her glasses and and yawns.
Rain puts her finger over her lips to indicate to stay quite, “I think there is going to be an ambush.
“What?”
 
 
A soldier enters a large tent and instantly bows to a knee, “Sir we are ready.”
The man turns around and reaches for his sword, “Good, tell the archers to wait until I say so.”
“Sir.” The soldier gets up and goes off to relay the message.
The man looks into a mirror at his image. His short brown hair is damp with sweat. “Lord guide me...” He turns and exits the tent and makes his way to the center of the camp.
Another random soldier trots over to the man, Captain Hahn, we are waiting your order.”
Hahn looks at the random soldier, “I know that.”
The blunt statement leaves the soldier stuck and without comment.
“Holy Knights we have you surrounded come out!” Captain Hahn waits and finds himself becoming irritated with the lack of response from the tents. Hahn looks at a group of soldiers and nods towards the tents urging them to approach the tents.
The groups of soldiers run over to the tents and tear them all down but there is nothing inside.
Hahn looks at his soldiers and then turns to the one closest to him, “I want you to find the soldiers that where guarding the tents before we started mobilizing, if they aren't dead, I would prefer them to be.”
The soldier is unable to speak as he was one of the guards.
 
 
The group make their way away from the camp.
Airo is leading the group and Zion is right behind him so that if he sees anything Airo can react quick enough to stop any attackers. “Airo stop.”
the sound of cough comes from a behind a small group of trees.
Airo uses his speed to quickly sprint around the tree but after a moment of silence he calls everyone else over to him.
Haimere is sitting on the ground against one of the trees his white shirt stained red with blood, “It is good that you've found me.”
Hina kneels down and looks at his side, “What happened to you?”
Haimere takes in a labored breath, “Your friend, Kai...he has been taken over by my brother.”
“What do you mean?”
“Just like I have been summoned from my book by Seth, my little brother Ryu has been summoned, though I don't know the item that he sealed his soul into. Kai saved my and Seth's life this night.”
Rain takes the last thing he said very seriously, “How did he save Seth's life?”
Haimere uses the tree to stand up, “If I died, then this body would naturally be dead. If this body dies then Seth would have no body to return to. He would be trapped in the book until someone else summoned him.”
Zion puts his hand over the wound and applies pressure making Haimere grown in pain. Before Haimere can let out a more painful sound Zion removes his hand and the wound while no completely healed, is now closed, “I did this for Seth, not for you.”
Haimere smiles, “Whether it be for him or not, the enemy now is that much stronger, my brother is very smart and just as powerful as me in many aspects. We should continue north. Perhaps we can get to the dark army before the devil's heart.”