Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Fall from Light ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fall from Light
 
The sun rises on the small group of warriors and mages. They find themselves walking through destroyed town after town, very rarely finding any living beings. The first town the came to at least had a few children in it but now there are just destroyed buildings and burnt corpses that remain. Still though there has been no attack and no clear sign of an attack happening to a village around them. It is almost like the army went south till they were in the central area and then backtracked destroying every town no matter its size or defenses.
The silence is enough to drive anyone insane, which isn't really the problem. The reason for the silence is very troublesome to Zion and Airo who notice it first. Even animals would come back eventually there would be some sound even after the destruction of a town but only silence.
Haimere quickly runs in front of the group and raises a shield of condensed magic. A powerful blast of air and earth slam into his shield and over powers him destroying his shield into shimmer shards. A large dragon lands on the ground twenty feet away and a familiar group of four people climb off.
Rain and Hina both point there wands towards the four and each launch a blast of wind and fire that intertwine and spiral together as it flies at the four. Allison points her wand at the blast and an explosion completely negates the attack. Rain and Hina move aside as Tabitha launches her specialty a large pointed junk of ice flies at the group and once again it is easily dealt with by Allison.
Helious walks in front of the group and slams his fist into the ground causing a large wave of energy charge at the Holy Knights. Haimere makes a hand sign and puts his middle and pointer finger together and points at the blast. Allison points her wand at Haimere, “Dispel.”
Haimere falls to the ground and clutches at his chest. Airo grabs him and they quickly try to avoid the blast. Zion uses his rune magic to completely compress the blast but he quickly becomes winded from using such a high level magic. Helious charges at Zion and connects with an upper cut that sends him flying into the air and back down onto his side. Helious drives his foot into Zion's gut and begins to press down. Airo leaves Haimere behind a tree and charges at Helious using his speed to disappear from sight. Airo reappears behind Helious and is about to slam his knives into Helious' back but he quickly has to get away as Sara tries to cut him open with her now transformed blade arm. Airo looks past Sara and Helious is still pinning Zion to the ground.
Sara smiles a big toothy grin, “You need to worry about yourself, we aren't going to be called away this time.”
She charges at Airo and brings his arm down of his knifes easily cutting them in half. Airo rolls away and springs into the air and tries to connect with a back flip soccer style kick but the attack is blocked and countered with a punch to the face the makes Airo flip to much and land on his gut. Saito charges at Sara and tries to cut her in half with a horizontal slash but she flips over his attack and stabs her blade hand into his shoulder barely missing the bone.
Tabitha creates her ice attack and launches it. Helious grins and brings his fist back, Hina quickly hits the ice with a burst of wind making it's speed increase. Helious has no chance to dodge or hit the ice away. Another explosion goes off a few feet from Helious. The smoke clears and small ice shards like snow flakes fall to the ground. In response Helious applies more pressure to the foot that is pinning Zion to the ground.
Rain runs over to Haimere who is on the ground clutching at his chest and he has begun to sweat heavily darkening his blonde hair, “What is going on!?”
Haimere coughs out a, “Who is she?”
“Louise, the Void Mage.”
“Void Mage......Rain you are going to get your wish but I fear what this may mean.” Haimere's body begins to fade and reappear, “She has dispelled the magic that keeps my soul in this body.”
A flash similar to when Haimere was first summoned explodes from his body and high into the heaves knocking Rain back and burns the tree Haimere was behind.
The light distracts Saito and Airo, leaving them open to by cut once again by Sara's blades. The fourth man, Arimus walks over to Helious and waits to see what is happening.
Rain can't look up at the light as it is too bright at such a close proximity. The light turns black and begins to grow then explodes. Unlike before no one is standing where the light had shined.
Helious scowls, “What do you suppose that was Arimus?” Helious receives no answer he looks down at his much shorter ally. A blade is sticking out of his chest and Arimus is quickly bleeding out. Before Helious can move he is kicked in the throat knocking him off of Zion and the blade is ripped up wards cutting Arimus in half from the chest up. Zion opens his eyes and finds Seth standing close to him except he is now wearing a black jacket and his hair is hanging just below his chin and he is welding a sword.
Zion stands up and puts his hand on Seth's shoulder, “Seth, welcome back!”
Seth reaches up with and grabs onto the top of Zion's hand. The metal from the gauntlets begin to cut into Zion's skin and Seth forcefully removes the hand from his shoulder. His eyes are green again but they aren't the same friendly eyes that Zion remembers. Seth walks past Zion and continues towards Helious.
Helious gets back up, a line of blood snaking its way from his mount to his chin, “You little bastard I'll get you for that cheap shot!” Seth looks up at him and smirks. Helious becomes further enraged and brings his arm back as he draws energy into his fist. He brings down the fist with more speed than normal but the attack doesn't hit Seth.
Helious begins to rapidly try to hit Seth but his attacks are either dodged or blocked. Seth finally puts his sword away and dodges one more attack and then jumps connecting his fist with Helious' jaw. Helious flips in the air and lands on the ground but Seth is already within striking distance and hits him again with a powerful straight punch right into Helious' nose breaking it. Helious doesn't seem effected by the attack and counters with a left that knocks Seth down onto his hands and knees. Helious goes to punt Seth in the skull but Seth slams his fist into Helious' leg knocking him down onto his knees. Seth stands up and connects with a spinning heel kick knocking Helious over onto his side. Seth begins to stomp on Helious until he is nothing more than a bloody mess in the shape of a human.
After he has his fill Seth grabs hold of Helious' hair and lifts him onto his knees and once again draws his sword. Seth turns his back to Helious and lifts the blade so that the flat of the blade is resting against his forehead. He mutters something and spins, the blade cuts through the neck skin and spine like it wasn't even there. Seth wipes the blood from the blade with a piece of Helious' cloak and then turns his attention to Allison.
The fact that Helious and Arimus are both dead doesn't seem to bother Sara as she continues to toy with Saito and Airo. She has them both cut up quite badly but they continue to fight back. Saito charges at her and then his eyes catch something he deems more important and begins to run away from Sara catching her attention.
Seth is standing over Allison her wand a few feet from reaching distance and his sword is above his head ready to be brought down. She is on the ground staring up with terrified eyes and as the blade comes down she screams, “SAITO!!!!!!!”
The sound of steel slamming into steel rings throughout the area. Saito is down on one knee barely having fended off the strength of Seth's swing. Allison faints from shear terror and that leaves only one of the four cloaked left. Sara quickly snaps her fingers freezing everyone, except Seth and Saito.
“WHAT!?”
Seth looks away from Satio and over at Sara his face showing much more than irritation, “That won't work on me, or anyone in contact with me.”
Saito gets up and looks at Sara from behind Seth, “You are going to pay for what you did to Louise.”
Sara runs over to the dragon and abandons Allison. The further away she gets the weaker the freeze magic gets until everyone is unfrozen again.
Rain runs at Seth and gives him a huge hug, “I've missed you so much!”
Seth doesn't say anything in response and more importantly to Rain he doesn't hug her back.
Rain looks up at his eyes now slightly hidden by his longer hair, “What is wrong, are you okay.”
He jams his blade back into its holder, “Let's just say that being trapped inside of book all by myself has made me a little bitter. While in that book I finally got to see the words, all of the words. I read everything many times. I have gain much more knowledge about this world and what my powers can allow me to do just by simply wanting it.” Seth removes his gauntlets and holds them in front of his chest, they glow and disappear into his skin. “I have learned that the man that was parading around in my body had killed his littlest brother and very nearly killed his only other brother. He tried to kill both of his brothers and you let him have my body.”
Rain almost begins to explain what was happening but Seth stops her, “I don't care, I finally have my body back and we can finally be the Holy Knights again.”
The air of normal-ness begins to slowly grow over everyone until they her the groaning of a passed out Allison, or Louise.