Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Against the Wave ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Against the wave
 
The closer they get to the Germanian Castle the less and less it feels like they are really about to go to war against so many people. Every village they come across has been empty expect a few that have been transformed into manufacturing towns. Countless people smithing weapons and armor for their enemies. At first it seemed like the best idea would be to just destroy the plants but that would cause unnecessary fighting and blood shed of from the looks of them poor commoners that have been forced into the work and have stayed because of fear.
Thanks to the lack of people it proved to be very easy to find a new wand for Louise, an all black wand made from a power wood like material.
After they get the wand Saito finally asks what Seth has in mind for Louise, “Seth what is this plan of yours? You said first we would need to get her a wand and now she has one.”
Seth doesn't stop walking, “I know about her void mage power and how difficult it is for her to use but to put it simply, I want her to use her power on that army. I don't need her to kill them but if she could dispel all there magic that would be very helpful.”
Louise leans forward a little so she can see around Saito, “Wouldn't it be easier to use the void magic on the army?”
“No because if you kill a lot of them with your void magic that still means the rest of them can over power us by having so many mages. With my power to counteract the dispel effects we can keep our magic but they will lose theirs.” Seth's mouth spreads into a prideful smile, thinking his plan has no holes.
“What if I can't....”
The statement makes Seth come to a dead stop, “What?”
“What if I can't use the dispel magic to such a large degree?” Louise looks down at her wand, “I am known as Louise the Zero......I have never casted a spell completely on purpose and have it work.”
Seth turns around and looks at the morally belittled Louise, “We have confidence in you after this battle you will be know as Louise the One.....Sure it sounds bad but we have time to think of a better one.”
Saito puts his hands on her shoulders, “Louise just remember that you are the void mage and everything will be fine we all believe in you, especially me, you've saved me on more than one occasion are you saying you did that on accident?”
“Well no but.......”
Rain takes her hands and lifts them up, “Don't worry about it, okay.” A big smile appears on Louise's and Rain's face.
“Okay I'll do my best.”
The sound of footsteps can be heard behind the group. The teen's face is mostly covered by his hair and a long scarf that flows behind him. A sword on his back looks extremely familiar, the Excamasa.
“Griffin?”
The boy looks looks up from looking at the ground and notices the group, “Who?”
Seth sprints past everyone and tackles Griffin to the ground and puts his blade against his throat, “Why are you here Griffin!?”
The teenager begins to breath very quickly in small bursts, “My name is Cole!!!!”
The voice is different......Seth gets off of the teenager and looks at the sword on his back, “You are the person who Griffin took over aren't you?”
The teen stays on the ground but nods slowly.
“How did you get him out of your body?”
“He is still in there but we've come to an understanding, I'll help him if he let's me have my body for the majority of the time.” Cole finally gets off the ground and brushes himself off, “Griffin has decided that he doesn't want to kill you all, yet.”
Seth slams his blade back home, “What do you mean yet?”
Cole starts waving his hands in front of them, “No no no no no no that's not what I meant, you talks kinda strange and what he means is that he has come to think of you as a rival since you and Haimere shared the body for a while just like me and Griffin.”
Seth raises an eyebrow at the statement, “How does he know about that?”
“He said he could feel it, he felt his oldest brother return to the world and he felt your aura disappear from it. He also felt when his middle brother returned. That's when he decided he'd fight you later.”
Saito walks up beside Seth and gives Cole a look down and up, “Why would that make him change his mind so easily.”
Cole looks down at the ground again, “Because Ryu tricked Griffin into attacking Haimere, he turned against them both and nearly got them all killed.”
Seth looks on completely confused, “What are you talking about, Haimere killed both of his brothers. I read it!”
Cole closes his eyes and opens them again showing different colored eyes, “Hello, Seth.”
“Griffin....” Seth becomes very tense and rests his hand on the handle of his blade.
“Big bro thought he killed us, he wounded us and then left. He could bring himself to kill us so he thought we died.” Griffin crosses his arms and looks away from the group, “We learned how to transplant our souls into inanimate objects to that we could later be brought back if we could find someone willing to take our souls into their bodies. Haimere was the best at magic and so his transplant spell was flawless so when he came back him body was completely returned and the person couldn't fight his will. Ryu was better at it than me but not as good as big bro. That's why when he returned his body was complete but if he inhabited a strong enough person they could fight back. The last being me its pretty obvious how good I was at it, all that changes on this kid are the eyes and the voice. Luckily for me he didn't really put up much of a fight until recently now we basically share this body until my goals are complete.” He looks back at Seth, “Understand?”
Seth nods but he doesn't remove his hand from the blade handle, “So what you intend on killing your brother?”
Griffin smirks and nods, “That's the idea.”
Saito looks back at the rest of the group, “You think you are gonna come us?”
Before Griffin can answer Seth answers for him, “Because we don't allow people to join if they have tried to kill more than one of us on more than one occasion, I think you can understand.”
Griffin scratches at his neck, “I think I can, I wasn't planning on joining you, I just wanted to catch up and left you know that if you see me before this is all finished, I'm not gonna try to kill you, after........You can expect to see me.”
Seth turns around and joins the group again, “Fine we won't try to kill you until after this is done as well, you have my word as the leader of the Holy Knights.”
Griffin makes a shocked face and then mockingly bows at them doing a small curtsy, “My Lord.” Griffin stands back up and walks off into the forrest on the other side of the road and out of sight.
Seth shakes his head, “Geeze......”
The group continues down the road feeling a little more uneasy with the fact that they are going to take Griffin's word about not trying to kill them.