Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The End of The World
 
The cloaked figure leads the three people into the woods and continues until he comes to a old destroyed stone building. The figure continues into the ruins and in the middle of the structure is a large wooden door. William grabs hold of the handle and with a loud grunt tears up the wood from the ground revealing steps that descend into darkness. William follows behind the cloaked figure followed by Zira and Hikari.
Zira nearly trips in the complete darkness once they reach the final floor, expecting another step. She stumbles into who she can only guess is Hikari and is shoved backwards. The air in the buried room is almost unbreathable. The cloaked figure claps his hands and four torches around them light. Each torch is held by another cloaked figure.
“Yes the seven deadly sins are all here.” He walks behind the first person and pulls back the cloak revealing a man with long dark blue hair and a symbol under his right eye, “Greed,” the second cloak is pulled back revealing a young man with violet spiked back hair and a red triangular tattoo on both side of his jaw line, “Gluttony,” the third hood is pulled back revealing a middle aged man with a long black braid that touches the ground from his crouched position, four scars run diagonally across his forehead, eyes, nose, and end at the middle of his left cheek. The cloaking man steps behind the last figure and remove the cloak revealing a young teenage boy with short copper colored hair, “Envy.”
The man steps into the middle of the four men and points at Hikari, “Lust” and then to Zira, “Pride” and then puts his hand to his chest, “and I Wrath.”
William looks around the circle of people with increase confusion, “And who am I.”
Wrath points at William and even under his cloak a smile can be seen, “You are the deceiver.”
“The deceiver?”
Wrath puts his hand down and steps toward William, “Did Edoa teach you what the Genesis Process was?”
“No.”
Wrath spreads out his arms becomes William, “Well then, I will show you.” Wrath walks across the circular design on the floor and stops at the top of the circle. “Lust, please stand beside me and Pride, you on the other side of me.” Hikari and Zira stand at points on the circle that Wrath points them to and now all the symbols on the border of the circle. Wrath gets down on his knees and the rest of the group follows his motions. Wrath put his right hand over his heart and his left on his forehead.
William looks around at the seven people who are all kneeling and holding themselves in the same ways.
Wrath takes in a deep breath and then releases a loud almost shriek like roar and a dark purple glow begins to build around his body and then all the others begin to have the same glow. Though his hood stays up William can see his eyes are now glowing and without pupils. Wrath lowers his head, “Spirits of fire, water, wind, and earth I summon you to aid your fallen servants! Death has fallen upon the Kingdom of Tristain and the world is in turmoil. Please break the bonds of Genesis and bring these fallen bodies their souls and bring peace to the land, to the world!”
In the middle fo the circle there are four sphere that begin to glow red, blue, white, and black.
“Here your servants pleas and take pity upon their pain! Break the Genesis Process!”
A powerful wave of energy explodes and carries through the building and slowly dissipates as it flows out.
William falls on his knees something inside of him has broken down and his head feels like it is about to explode. He falls onto his side and writhe around the floor until like a dam breaking memories begin to flow back to him. A small wooden house, a brown haired father, a grave with a necklace, a portal. Williams stands up and realizes that he isn't William the son of Edoa, but Stephan the son of Seth.
Wrath stands up and looks at Stephan, “Is something wrong William?”
“What did you do Wrath?”
“This world is governed by four Omnipresent Spirits each with a different characteristic. The spirits of wind, water, earth, and fire. Each of these spirits keep the world as balanced as possible. I sent Pride and Lust to Tristain to kill as many people as possible. Especially the younger people. In a world where balance is so important to suddenly kill hundreds of people throws the balance of however it is quite temporary. War and death are almost always happening and the spirits have learned to compensate somehow. By using this sudden trauma the spirits were weak, and obviously not thinking straight”
“I don't understand what are you talking about?”
“The spirits have broken one of the rules set down by an all governing presence written about in the ancient scripture of the fircestone Genesis. The creation of life is not power that should be used by anyone other than the Genesis. That wave of energy was the Genesis' power removing what has broken it's law. By tricking the spirits into thinking that bringing all those killed back to life would restore balance I've brought out the end of the spirits and what they have given to the human race.”
“What have these spirits given to the human race. What has been taken away.”
Wrath points at the man he called Greed, “Greed I want you to kill the deceiver with a fireball.”
Greed stands up and brings up his hand so that his palm is pointing towards William. Greed's smile quickly fades and he looks down at his hand.
Wrath begins to chuckle, “What is wrong Greed, don't you know how to use magic?”
Greed scowls, “What is this, what has happened to my magic?”
Wrath looks back at Stephan and smiles, “That is exactly what has been taken away.”
Stephan can't believe what this cloaked figure is saying, “How has magic been taken away!?”
“By bringing together the seven deadly sins and tricking the watchers of this world into breaking the single law of the Genesis. All those who have lost their lives in Tristain shall be waking up as if nothing had ever happened to them.”
“I DON'T UNDERSTAND!”
Wrath is visible annoyed with Stephan, “I'll explain to you in a different way. The right to create life belongs to no human or spirit. To save life, to prolong or shorten that is possible for humans because the spirits allowed this world to have magic. Because of the spirits the law of Genesis was already dangerously close to being broken with humans being able to create fire, water, wind, and earth just by calling upon the power of the spirit inside them. The spirits have watch over the world since the creation of all and have tried to keep the world in balance. Even if a whole country of people died, over time the balance would be restored. Today Lust and Pride and you to a point killed many people and through quick action, we tricked the spirits to break the law of the Genesis. Today humans have brought humans back to life. We have broken the Genesis law through magic and this all mighty power has in turn destroyed what has broken the law.” Wrath chuckles a little bit again, “And now the magic of the world is gone. William please go to the castle of Tristain and see for yourself.”
Stephan slowly backs away towards the steps and than as he reaches them he turns and sprint up the steps and out of sight.
Wrath looks over the other six people in the room. “Let us begin the second phase of our Genesis Process.”