Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saving a Hero Hero continues his journey to the Magic Academy and on his way he comes across an old town that looks like it hasn't been inhabited for some years. All the buildings look like they have been burned and all the buildings except the one in the very middle of the town appear to be completely uninhabitable. As he walks towards the middle of the town he begins to feel like someone is watching him, though he'd be the first to admit that he is just a little bit of a worry wort. The building in the middle of town, an oasis in this dessert of destruction, Hero walks up to the big door and is about to knock when the sound of a stick snapping catches his attention. He spins around and finds that he was being watched and whats worse, watched by a group of four very desperate looking men. “Wha, what do you want?!” Hero tries and miserably fails at masking the terror in his voice. One of the men steps forward his face is mostly wrapped in bandages, “We want whatever money and valuables you have. We are sick and injured and we need money for medicine and doctors.” Hero immediately feels guilty for his initial feeling about the group. “I have no money and nothing of value, I'm sorry.” Another one of the men shouts from behind the bandaged man, “What about that sword, surely it is of some value.” “This swords, is my brothers and he asked me to deliver it to the headmaster of the Magic Academy and no one else.” Suddenly one of the men charge at the boy with no warning. Hero closes his eyes and covers his head with his arms. He waits a few seconds but nothing happens he opens his eyes and a man with messy brown hair is standing between him and the man that was charging. “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE INTERFERRING!?” The man looks from the corner of his eye at Hero, “Are you okay, can you stand?” Hero gets up and nods, “Who are you?” “You should get outta here before these four get anymore rowdy.” Hero is about to run away but his path is block by the fourth man. The man pulls out a rusty piece of pipe and jabs forward with it. The brown haired man steps in the way and the piece hits him just left of the middle of his abdomen. The man almost falls to his knees but he quickly recovers and slams his fist right into the attackers throat. Hero runs around him so that he can see his wound. “You are hurt we should run!” The man smiles, “No, you should run now before that guy gets back up, run now.” He kneels down and rests his hand on Hero's shoulder, “Here,” the man hands Hero a wristband with a name on it.” “Peter?” “Now I'll be wanting this back so I'll see you at the Magic Academy alright?” Hero nods and runs off leaving Peter surrounded by the remaining three men. He runs... After about twenty minutes of running he finally crosses paths with what looks like a fisherman in a horse cart. “Sir, please help!” After explaining to the man he and the man go back to the town but when they get their the site brings Hero to tears. The gang is gone but Peter is still there. He is sitting against the door to the last house in the town a smear of blood is running from the middle of the door to behind Peter. Hero falls down in front of him and takes the wristband and puts it back on Peter. As the sun sets the fisherman and Hero pray for Peter and leave a cross grave marker over his buried body. “Listen kid it's dangerous to travel alone. My name is John and I'll take you to the magic Academy, alright?” “Thank you sir, but why are you being so helpful.” “I dunno, cause it's the right thing to do.”