Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bellum Part 1 After almost two days Seth and Stephan finally make it back to the Academy while traveling back Seth torn the bottom of his pant leg and rapped the dark brown colored material around his forehead to keep the pressure on the stop of the bleeding, and to not scare his wife. Unfortunately only one of the two things he wanted to happen actually does as Rain nearly cries seeing the poor shape her recently reunited husband is in. “What happened?” “I got in a fight with a really strong guy, your son decimated him though.” Seth tries to change the focus to his son, both because he is proud and because he doesn't want to answer any more questions about the confrontation itself. Yet again not quite what wanted happens. Rain grabs the brown headband and pulls the ties in the back making it fall from his head revealing a wound already beginning to heal but a scar is almost guaranteed. “Seth I wish you'd be more careful, we've already had enough miracles, we can't keep coming back.” Her words send a painful tingle down his spine. He takes her hand and kisses it, “I know love.” The three are heading back into the main hall when a horse drawn cart with a man and a small boy pull into the cout yard. Seth and Stephan stand in front of Rain protectively, “Who are you!” “My name is Hero, I'm her to deliver something to the Headmaster of this school.” The name Hero makes Stephan and Seth both less than trusting so they both slowly walk towards the cart. Seth looks over his shoulder towards his wife, “Go get Colbert and the others.” Rain runs into the building without another word. The boy hops out of the cart and the man waves, “You gonna be okay?” “Yes if these two are here than they must be good guys,” The fisherman smiles and nods at the boys unwavering personality. “Don't change okay, Hero?” The boy gives John an odd look before the man waves to Seth and Stephan, “You guys watch out for him okay. I have to go home before my wife kills me.” The attitude of these two people completely catch the hardened men off guard. John clicks at his horse and he leaves. Hero walks over to the two men, “Are either of you the Headmaster?” Seth crouches down so he is eye level with the boy, “Why do you want to see him?” “I have to give him this sword and shoulder armor.” The boy taps the armor on his shoulder and points to the sword hanging oddly from his back. “Why?” Hero isn't sure how to answer this question but the sound of the main doors opening pulls everyones attention away. Colbert, the Headmaster, and everyone else comes out from the building. Hero runs past Seth and Stephan and stops a few feet from the old man. “You must be the Headmaster!” The old man smiles through his big beard and nods making the boys eyes water, “My name is Gabriel and these are for you!” He takes off the shoulder piece and the sword and lays them down at his feet. “I thought your name was Hero?” The boy smiles, “My brother Michael told me to use that name until I delivered the armor and the sword.” The Headmaster looks at the shoulder armor and on the inside there are blood stains that appear to be many many years old. There is also a piece on the armor that looks like there used to be something carved into it, but age has actually worn the old armor. The Headmaster looks back at young Gabriel, “Why was it so important that this armor should be brought here?” The boy shrugged, “I don't know, my brother has been sick and said that he would have brought it if he could have.” Colbert grabs the armor but like touching something on fire he drops it and clutches his hand. “Colbert what is wrong?” “That armor it is like touching a fire.” “The armor is cursed, than how did this boy touch it?” The old man thinks about this apparently cursed armor, “Colbert did any of your research turn up any pictures of the armor of the fallen.” “Well yes but......!” Colbert quickly runs back into the building and not but a minute later comes back out with a page. He stands over the shoulder piece and looks back at the page then to the armor. He does this about ten times before turn to the others, “This is a piece of the armor!” Gabriel naively grabs the armor and holds it up to Colbert, “What's wrong I don't understand, won't you take this so I can go home to my brother.” Zion whispers to the Headmaster, “That armor must have made his brother sick, that must be why he had brought it.” “That still doesn't answer how he can carry the armor, Zion.” Colbert asks the boy to just leave the armor on the ground much to his continued confusion. He turns to the others, “I tried to decipher some of the older text but a lot of it can't be turned into what our words mean, basically what this may be is that the boy has such a pure heart and mind that the armor literally has no effect on him.” Seth shrugs, “Well isn't this just like something else, I could have told you that. I bet that that armor can't be broken by normal means either.” Colbert looks at him with a confused, almost frustrated look, “How would you know anything about this you didn't do any research.” Seth shakes his head, “In a....story from my world, there is a magic ring that can't be destroyed by any normal means so it must be taken back to where it was forged so that it can be destroyed. The only problem is a pure of heart hob err child is the only one who can carry the ring without having almost immediate negative effects.” Colbert turns from frustrated to skeptical, “So what happens then.” “Well first off we need to get everyone back here because I can almost guarantee that the enemy knows or will soon that the last piece is here.” Colbert head back into the building. While Seth continues to try his best to relate the movie The Lord of the Rings to the people around him, natives of a world with very primitive technology. Three hawks fly from the Magic Academy as six people stand atop a hill waiting.