Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Red Base
 
After half hour of walking Seth finds himself infront of a old mansion like building, “Here we go I guess....” Seth pulls on the ignis gauntlets and slowly creeps around the side of the building. He crouches down and walks to a window. Seth grabs onto the window and pulls himself up.
There are at least twenty people in the big open area of the first story of the building. The longer he looks he notices a little girl with blonde hair holding a big silver plate with what Seth can only think is a beer of some sort carrying it around to the vulgar men of the Red Gang.
“Hey you what are you doing there?!” Seth drops down to the ground and turns are, “Well?”
 
 
The crowd of Red Gang men seem to having a good time. Someone clapping from the steps makes the loud group quiet down, the short man from before is standing on the third step form the bottom barely making him taller then the crowd.
“Men it is time. It is time for this gang to be know throughout Tristain. It is time for us to be the leaders of Tristain! The first step is always the hardest! Tomorrow we are going to take the Tristain magic academy!!!” The crowd begins to wildly cheer.
A loud crashing sound is followed by a man skidding into the room through the entrance way.
“What the hell is going on outside?”
Seth walks into the room, “You guys should have more guards outside you know?”
“GET HIM!!!”
Seth points his hand at the charging me, “IGNIS!!!”
A blast of fire knocks down a majority of the men as Seth jumps over the rest and once again slams his fist into the leaders face. Seth flips backwards to the floor and kicks a man in the face dropping him to the floor. Seth looks around the room and can't find the blonde girl anymore. A man runs up behind Seth a busts a stool over his back dropping him to his knees. Seth quickly thrusts his foot backwards slamming his foot into the front of the man's knee. Seth gets back to his feet and grabs the leader around the colar and holds him between him and the rest of the crowd.
“Where is the girl?” The remaining men in the crowd that can stand start moving towards Seth. A flame begins to grow around Seth left hand and he holds it up to the man's face. “Where is she!??”
Someone kicks Seth from behind and he falls forward dropping the man. Seth turns around and is kicked in the face before he can even see who hit him. Seth gets back to his feet and looks up at the man who kicked him. A man with long black hair in a long white leather coat. Seth steps back when he notices a little blonde girl behind him.
“Who are you and why did you come here and beat up my men?” The man's voice is very calm and smooth.
Seth can't believe what he is seeing, “That short sack of shit isn't the leader of the Red Gang?”
The man puts his hands into the pockets of his white coat, “You haven't answered my question.”
“My name is Seth and I am here beating up these so called men because they tried to kill me, my friend, and a new friend of mine I just met. I am here because a sad old man saved me and asked me to do something in return for him. He asked me, to bring back his granddaughter.” Seth looks back at the men behind him and fires another blast of fire knocking down the rest of the group, “I came here to end this gang.”
The man removes his coat and calmly walks down the remaining steps. Seth prepares to fight the man.
Before Seth charges he notices that the man isn't charging at him he is just walking. Seth steps to the side and he walks right past him and out the door. Seth puts his hands down and looks at the man as he walks away, confusion mixed with some anxiety at his current position.
“HEY PUNK!”
Seth turns back around and the same short loser is on the steps but now he has someone trapped against him, a blonde girl. The man starts laughing and brings a knife up to the girls throat, “Not so strong now huh PUNK!?” The man pushes the blade against her throat a small crimson line snakes down the terrified girls neck, “On your knees.”
Seth puts his hands up and gets down on his knees, “Easy, you don't have to do this.....”
The short man with Sakura walks forward and boots Seth in the gut, “Shut up!” the blown makes Seth hunch over, “Straighten up!” Seth does as he is told and the man slams his boot into Seth's gut again this time Seth doesn't curls over. Another boot, another, another, another, the man slams his foot into the bottom of Seth's jaw knocking him over onto his back. The girl screams as Seth spits out a mouthful of blood and slowly gets back onto his knees.
“Any last words before I kill you?”
Seth looks up but doesn't look at the man instead he looks at Sakura and smiles, “Don't worry, just hold still.”
The words enrage the man as he removes the knife from Sakura's throat and thrusts it at Seth. Like a gust of wind the knife stops advancing and the short man falls to the ground a knife buried in his chest. Seth opens his eyes and slowly stands up clutching his chest with one arm and rubbing his chin with the opposite hand.
“Airo, what took you so long?” Sakura turns around and finds Airo standing behind her, “If you could've shown up a little sooner maybe my stomach wouldn't hurt so bad right now.”
Airo smirks and retrieves his knife, “I got here as fast as I could.”
Seth kneels down next to the little girl, “Hey your grandpa sent us, he misses you.”
The sound of her granddad makes the little girl less scared and rapps her arms around Seth's neck. Seth lifts the girl up and they walk out of the building. Once they are a few feet form the building Seth kneels down and the little girl gets off.
“IGNIS!” Seth fires another blast of fire into the building and continues to fire into the building until it catches fire well enough to sustain itself. Seth picks Sakura back up and starts walking back to the to the old man's inn.
 
 
A few hours later the they finally arrive back at the inn and they are greeted by the old man and they take the girl upstairs so she can rest.
The old man brings Seth and Airo back down into the bar area of the inn, “Thank you, both of you.” Seth nods and Airo smirks both being a little uncomfortable with the thanks. “Is there anything I could do for you young man?”
Seth looks at Airo, “Well, his wife needs medicine really bad and he has been all over Tristain trying to get money to afford it.”
The old man seems very surprised about Airo's marriage, “What is the medicine?” Airo hands the man a piece of paper from his pocket, “Morbis......MORBIS?” The old man walks back into the employee only area and comes back out with a little brown box, “Here open this.”
Airo opens the box and a purple glass tube the width of his thumb is inside, “Is this...”
The old man smiles, “Yup the medicine, this is the cure and elixer for Morbis, Sano.” Airo hands the man back the box, “What you won't accept my gift?”
Airo shakes his head, “I can't possibly take this, this is a very expensive medicine, I couldn't possibly.”
Seth crosses his arms, “Why don't you buy it from the old man?”
Airo looks at Seth, “But I am still short....”
The old man puts the box on the bar counter, “Give me what you have and the rest will be for saving my granddaughter.” Airo nods and pulls out a rather large pouch. He puts it down on the counter and takes the box.
“Thank you very much, without you my wife would have died, Seth thank you too.” Airo walks towards the door.
“Hey are you leaving right now?”
Airo opens the door and smiles, “Seth I owe you one as well if you need me for anything just travel north until you are at the Germanian, Tristain border closest to the ocean.” Airo leaves the room and leaves Seth and the old man in an awkward silence.
Seth slowly backs up towards the steps, “I guess I should go check on Rain in case she has woken up.”
“Yeah you go do that, just don't wake up Sakura when you go past her room.”