Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Castle
 
The trip takes less time than originally expects more than likely because Seth can't stand Kai and the feeling is very much shared in return. The whole trip Kai never said anything more about his Father, the Albion King, or Prince Wales. At first it seemed very odd, but after a while Seth and Rain begin to understand that he can't just talk about it so openly. If a someone untrusted heard and the news spread than the Kingdom of Albion would be shamed.
Much like Kai, Seth didn't talk very much either. After the second day of traveling Rain begins to notice that while in terms of outward appearance and social position Kai and Seth are the exact opposite, but on the inside they are very simular. Maybe that is the reason neither of them likes the other. Though she doesn't particularly like Kai, she reaches a general understanding of his problems.
 
 
The group reaches the gates of the palace and are stopped by a guard with a long wand with a sword handle, “Halt what business do you have here?”
Kai steps forward and kneels down to one knee, “Prince Wales of Albion has sent us three to deliver a message to Princess Henrietta of Tristain.”
The soldier doesn't seem very impressed with the group of commoners standing in front of him, “Do you have some proof?”
Kai stays on his knee and removes his scarab and puts the note on it, “Sir, I am a knight of the Albion army in disguise, if you need proof please just take this sword and this note to your Princess.”
The soldier snaps his fingers and a servant from inside the gate runs over to Kai and takes the things from him.
“Take these to a magic tester.”
Kai stands up, “But only the Princess is to see that note!”
“I will not take your word on such a matter, you could have easily stolen an Albion sword and set some kind of magic booby trap.” The soldier steps forward standing easily two feet above Kai's head, “Now will there be anymore problems?”
Kai doesn't back down, instead he looks up at the soldier, “Only the Princess is to see that note....”
“What is going on here!” The knight suddenly stands at attention and doesn't make the slightest movement or sound, A man wearing a blue suit of armor and a large hat walks out from behind the inner wall of the gate.
This time Rain bows down and she tugs on Seth's pant leg and forces him to a knee as well, “Rain what is it?”
“That is Ward, the leader of Tristain's Dragon Knights, he is a very high ranking soldier and noble.” Rain doesn't look up at the man while she is explaining.
Ward walks over to the servant and takes the note and the sword, “You there you say you are an Albion soldier, why are you in commoner clothing?”
Kai stops glaring at the guard, “I am in commoner clothing because this is supposed to be a secret mission, but you damn guard is extremely incompetent, thinking an Albion soldier sword could be easily stolen.”
Ward looks at the sword and then tosses it back at Kai, “You three come with me.” Ward turns and starts walking towards the castle. The three quickly catch up and follow behind him.
Seth finds the situation a little to, convenient, “So why are you letting us in?”
Ward rests his hand on the handle of his wand sword, “If you try something you will die.”
'Wow this guy is really confident in his abilities.......I can actually feel the air around him is thick with magic, he probably could kill Kai, me, and Rain with little trouble....'
Ward leads the three through a few halls until they reach two large doors. Ward knocks on the door and then slowly opens one and leads them in.
Ward bows and the other three do as well, “Princess Henrietta a soldier from Albion has come with a message for you.” Ward puts the letter on a table in front of him.
The princess turns around and looks at the three people that Ward has brought in, “Thank you Ward would you please wait outside?” Ward bows again and leaves the room closing the door behind him. “You have a message from Prince Wales?”
Kai stands up, “Yes Princess, I don't know the details inside of the message, but I am in a hurry to go back to the Prince.”
Henrietta smiles, “Please you all can stand,” Seth and Rain stand up while Henrietta takes the letter and opens it. After a few minutes Henrietta finishes the letter nods, “Kai you don't need to worry about the message, your brother wrote about you in the note a little. There isn't anything wrong, he says that they have moved to the church and that you'd know where that is.”
Kai nods, “Yes, the church is a specific building in the forest of Albion, at one time it was in a clearing, but trees started growing around it covering an old abandoned church.”
Henrietta puts the note inside of a desk on the far side of the room, “It is good that you know where it is since you are in such a hurry, I'm sure your brother misses you too.” The sentiment seems to embarrass Kai a little, “Kai who are the other two with you?”
Kai turns to Rain and Seth, “This is Rain Strine a noble of Tristain and her commoner familiar, Seth.” Seth becomes instantly irritated with Kai's introduction but he doesn't say anything for the sake of the Princess and Rain, “They have gained a reputation as strong warriors.”
The princess smiles at Seth and Rain, “It is a pleasure to meet you all. Is there anyway that I can help you as thanks?”
Rain takes Seth's hand and pulls him over towards the wall while Kai talks to the princess, “What should we do, we could ask her for help with the blue gang or money or something else?”
Seth shrugs, “you can ask for whatever you believe we need, but I know that I'm going to need to be stronger for the next fight, that Wade guy could kill me without breaking a sweat, I'm going to ask her for a better pair of gauntlets.”
Rain rolls her eyes, “Why do you need a better pair?”
“What if I can't win? If Tayo would've turned out to be a cold blooded killer there is a good chance that I'd be dead, and you, well I don't want to think about it. We have the compass and when we beat the next guy we will take his compass too. We don't need to bother the Royal Family with this.” Seth looks at the ground, “I.....don't want to...ugh,” Seth looks right into Rain's eyes, “Don't you get it yet?” Rain gives him a strange look and Seth just sighs and walks over to the princess. “Princess Henrietta, if it is possible, I would love you use your favor to possibly get a more powerful pair of magic gauntlets.”
Henrietta nods and writes down something on a piece of paper and hands it to Seth, “Give this to Ward and he will help you.”
Seth bows, “Thank you Princess.”
Without saying anything to Rain, Seth walks out of the room. Just outside of the door Ward is leaning against the wall. Seth hands him the piece of paper and Wade nods his head so that Seth follows him.
Half way down the hall Ward looks over his should at Seth, “So have you told her yet?”
He looks up at the older knight, “Told who what?”
Wade looks back down the hall, “That girl, have you told her how you feel.”
Seth feel very uncomfortable with this conversation he is having with this stranger, but for some reason his mouth just goes on it's own, “No, but I've tried. She doesn't seem to be understanding what I am saying to her.”
Ward stops at a door and turns back to him, “Wait here.” Ward goes in a few minutes later comes out with silver gauntlets with a star embedded in the center of the hand on both gloves.
“What does the star mean?”
Ward hands Seth the gauntlets, “It is how many elements it can use in this case these gauntlets can use fire, water, wind, ground, and lightning magic.”
Seth pulls on the new gauntlets and they actually shrink so that they fit his hands perfectly, “Thank you Ward.” Seth turns and starts walking towards the exit.
“You may have to try something drastic...” Seth turns back, but Ward is already far away in the opposite direction.
“Drastic?”
 
 
After waiting outside of the actual castle, still within the walls, Seth spots Rain coming out.
'Drastic, drastic, okay here we go'
Seth walks over to her with purpose but just as he is about to take her hand a messenger on a horse comes riding up and the horse bucks nearly striking Seth but he still falls over. As he falls he quickly spins so that he can catch himself but it is too late.
Rain cringes as Seth slams head first into the hard stone walk way of the castle, “Seth are you okay?”
Seth looks up a dazed look and a small cut in his forehead, “Rain, I.”
She puts her hand up to his cheek, and starts laughing at him. Seth crosses his arms and rests his head back on the ground, “Drastic.....”