Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Chances
 
Seth opens his eyes but something is wrong, Rain is gone, everyone is gone, everything is gone. “What happened.....Oh right.” Seth looks around the big open space, nothing absolutely nothing. No trees, no streams, no buildings, just white. Seth looks at his shoulder and his chest, no bullet wounds, “Well that isn't right, though I guess I am dead huh.” A tear runs down his cheek, “Dead.....Rain.....” Seth screams into the nothingness and white, “WHAT WAS THE POINT IF I AM DEAD!!!!!??????” He roughly wipes his face with his hand and sits down on the apparent ground though there is no physical evidence of any. The word keeps running through his head, “dead,” it just doesn't seem fare. He begins to deny it, “I'm not dead, I got shot it doesn't mean that I died, people get shot all the time, they don't all die, right....right.....RIGHT!??” He gets back up and reaches for his gauntlets, but they are gone. He looks at his clothing a loose white shirt and white pants, “How typical I guess all those TV stereotypes were right after all huh, no wings though.....” He rolls up his sleeve and looks at his runes, they are slowly fading. He slowly rolls the sleeve back down, “Dead...ha....haha....hahahahahaha, I cam't believe this.” Seth falls to his knees and clutches at his head and lowers himself to the ground, “No......please...” A wave of exhaustion consumes him and he slowly closes his eyes and falls to sleep.
“Seth?”
His eyes open quickly and he gets to his feet, “Hello!?” He runs around the whiteness, “Is someone there?” He looks at his hands, “Am I being punished, am I going insane?” He runs both his hands through his hair, “Someone....” He falls back onto his but and hangs his head, “Anyone.......”
“Seth!?”
“RAIN!!!!????” Seth stands back up but his legs suddenly give out and he falls backwards and hits his head on the transparent white ground knocking himself out.
 
 
The dark room is barely lit by the setting sun and small candle lit by the window. Rain sits right next to Seth's bed holding his hand against her face, for the last ten or so hours. She looks up at the sound of someone walking into the room.
Kai walks past her and sits in a chair for a moment before getting back up and walking to the door, “Rain, I'm sorry but I really have to go back to Albion, I have begun to fear for my brother's life.”
Rain doesn't more just a simple sound leaves her lips and Kai reluctantly leaves the room. Rain runs a hand down Seth's cold cheek and then moves some hair from his face, “Seth........”
She lays down leaving his hand on her face and begins to cry. Seth slowly opens his eyes but doesn't make an sound. He still believes himself to be dead and now he is just being messed with by some higher power. Seth tries to sit up but pain rushes all over his body from his shoulder and chest. The jerk scares Rain so bad that when she stands up her chair is flipped backwards.
Before Seth can make another sound or move Rain wraps her arms around his neck and holds his head to her chest, all she can say is his name. When she finally stops he looks at her through weak eyes, “Rain?”
She smiles as tears are streaming down her face, “Yeah...” He reaches up and wipes away what tears he can. She breaks down again and just cries into his gut. Seth doesn't say anything he just lets her cry.