Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Green's ambition
 
A few days after finally getting everyone back together the group finally reaches a fork in the road that the compass doesn't choose left or right.
Seth looks at the compass from over Rain's shoulder, “Uhm, what should we do?”
Airo walks over and looks at the compass and then what the fork is going around, “Well we can just go into the forest.”
Seth rubs the back of his neck, “Airo if it is all the same to you, nothing really ever goes well once we go into forests.” Seth looks down into his shirt and the circular scar on his chest, “I think we should just take one of the roads until the compass starts turning left or right.”
Rain looks where he is looking and begins to understand, “Okay Seth, you decide, you formed this group you lead.”
Seth's head snaps up and he looks at Rain. She had very rarely talked to him like her familiar but the times that she did had taught him that in this world the mages made the decisions, “Are you sure?” He looks at Airo and Zion and they both just smile and nod, “Well we are a group make up of the left sides of God, so let's just go left.”
Rain smiles and takes a silly bow swaying her arm out mockingly giving Seth the lead of the group. He smiles and shakes his head as for the first time in his life he leads others. He looks back at the group as they go about their conversations. Rain notices a self satisfied smile briefly adorn his face. She walks up beside him and takes his hand in hers, “Are you okay?”
“Are you sure about this Rain? I've never lead anyone before, no one has ever trusted me with this kind of thing before.” He own words makes his smile fade back into a frown, “What if I screw up?”
Rain tightens her grip to snap Seth out of his own head, “You will do fine, you are a natural at leading I mean.......” Rain's body suddenly goes slack and Seth quickly catches her before she hits the ground.
“Zion!”
Zion runs over to Rain and he too falls backwards onto the ground unconscious.
“Hina!”
Seth spins around and Airo is holding his wife's unconscious body. He notices that Airo looks beyond Seth so he spins and gets kicked right in the face. Seth spirals down to the ground and a large dark skinned man with green sunglasses is standing over him. Seth quickly gets to his feet and swings at the man but he catches Seth's arm and yanks him forward as his foot is coming up. The man connects with the heel of his foot and Seth flips backwards onto his chest. He rolls backwards to create some space but as he gets back to his feet he is struck with a spin kick and then knocked back down but a following jumping spin kick. Airo gets up and manages to block the mans first kick and lands a glancing punch of his own. The dark skinned man wipes of his shoulder where Airo made contact and smiles. Airo charges forward but the man kicks dirt up into Airo's face temporarily blinding him. The man does a handstand backflip kick and before Airo reaches the ground he connects with a powerful front flip drop kick. Airo's body crashes down into the ground hand and his body rolls and bounces another ten feet.
Seth looks over the entire group no one is left conscious except him. He slowly gets to his feet and puts on his gauntlets, “Take this you son of a bitch!” He whips his right arm out towards the man and a screeching, snaking, bolt of lightning leaves his palm. The man takes a hop forward and jumps into the air spiraling and flipping while completely dodging the line of lighting that reaches a target, in a tree a few yards away. Seth jumps backwards quickly to avoid the man coming down. Seth plants his feet and brings his hands together. In his right hand he creates a fire ball and in his left he harnesses more lighting. The man charges at him and Seth releases a lightning charged fire ball. The man does the splits in mid stride and the fire ball flies right over his head. Seth quickly follows after the blast and connects with a jumping cross left as the man is standing back up. Seth swings but the next is blocked and the man connects with a palm strike to the side of Seth's face. Seth lunges forward and tackles the man to the ground. Before he can strike the man he is kicked off. As Seth is standing back up the man connects with a back flip knee strike to the back of Seth's neck causing his whole body to go limp. Seth tries to move but his arms won't even respond.
The man kicks dirt in Seth's face, “What's wrong, can't move?” He squats down and takes a handful of Seth's hair and pull his head up, “That move was made by me, you won't be able to move for hours, plenty of time to cut off your head and take it to the boss.” He throws Seth's head down into the ground. The impact busts Seth's forehead open and blood begins to pool around the side of his head. The man stands up and kicks Seth right in the gut and then rolls him over onto his back. The man reaches into his vest and pulls out a little knife, “This might take awhile, to bad your pain receptors aren't paralyzed huh.” Seth closes his eyes and prepares for the worst but a stomach turning spalter sound goes off right above his head.
Seth opens his eyes and the man is now lying on the ground, his upper body slightly propped up by a chunk of ice sticking out of his chest, the man's body occasionally twitches. Seth lifts his head as best he can and he finds that Zion is awake and his hand is out stretched towards the now impaled man.
After a few more minutes Zion is able to crawl and he makes his way to Rain and heals her and then everyone else.
Seth can't stand very good yet so he leans on Zion and Rain, “What the hell was that!?”
Zion looks at Seth's gash and then at everyone else, “That guy must have used some kind of magic or poison to knock everyone out.”
Seth steps forward away from Zion and Rain, “Then why didn't it work on me or Airo?”
“Maybe it only works on certain kinds of people.” Seth doesn't find the explanation very satisfying, “I don't really know I just guessing Seth.”
Seth grits his teeth as he rubs his shoulder. He looks back towards the impaled man and his eyes suddenly grow large, “Guys?”
They turn around and the man has begun to fade into dust. After a few moments he is completely gone and only the ice pick is left where the man once was.
 
 
 
A man wearing green sunglasses that hide his eyes looks up from the ground and his thoughts, “They killed one, that is interesting.” A wind blows through the dark hollow room, “Very interesting indeed.”