Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Red Digivice Diaries ❯ Sex Education ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Red Digivice Diaries

Entry 24 - Sex Education

By: Lord Archive

The concept of Digimon and most of the characters in this work of fiction belongs to Toei Animation and Akiyoshi Hongo. All rights reserved, created without the intent of profit.

----------------

"As you all know the school's cultural festival is coming soon and we need to figure out what theme we're going to do as a class," Ninami addressed her classroom.

"A geisha house!" one boy called out.

Ninami scowled. "Something the entire class can do."

"We could always dress the boys up in drag and have them be rent-a-wives as well," Yukimi chided.

"I bet he doesn't know geisha aren't high class prostitutes. They just play the role of a wife, including the lack of sex," Noriko noted.

Ninami growled. "Best to avoid the geisha idea as not everyone knows that, even adults."

"Not our fault people are stupid," Noriko retorted. "Cultural festivals are supposed to be informative."

"We could always set up a tea shop," Misame suggested.

Ninami sighed. "Along with half the other classrooms. Chances are some class will also make a maze or a haunted classroom. If we're going to stand out we need to do something different."

"How about teenage sexuality?" Daisuke offered.

Ninami huffed. "That's hardly 'cultural' and I seriously doubt they'd let us. Besides, what could we do with that? We're not going to prostitute half the class."

Noriko grinned. "The culture of sex is something that exists throughout society. You can't turn on the television or see a movie without finding references to sex."

Takeru eyed the dark seed girl warily. "Not to mention we can go into why teenage sexuality is a BAD idea. Some of us are shining examples."

"So, you're married, Takaishi, and Motomiya is a gigolo, that's hardly indicative of the entire class," Ninami retorted.

Daisuke folded his arms. "The classroom should have twenty-five students. Twelve girls and thirteen guys. One girl has been suspended for a year due to pregnancy, and another moved away due to the shame of having gotten pregnant. Of the remaining ten girls, I _personally_ know four aren't virgins, and another likes anal."

"And if rumors hold true, there would be at least one other experienced girl that hasn't 'rode the Daisuke,'" Noriko accused.

"So we've got at best four virgin girls, and if rumors and bragging are true, so are seven guys. That's less than half the class," Daisuke pointed out. "And need I point out that I'm not the only one in this room to have double digits for number of sexual partners?"

Ninami flushed dangerously. "I'd rather not know about my classmate's sexual exploits! We need to come up with something the school will accept!"

"Don't be so quick to dismiss this topic."

Ninami jumped and stared at the woman at the door. "Principal?"

"I have heard the rumors about what members of this classroom has been up to. I think it would be a great project to have you all research why teenagers having sex is a bad idea," Mrs. Minami related.

Ninami frowned. "And how would we go about presenting that?"

"How about a lecture?" Noriko put forth. "We put together a demonstration and discuss the issues of sex. Talk about the influence of peer pressure and media, the costs of abortion or child bearing, and the emotional damages it can inflict on those not ready for it."

Mrs. Minami nodded. "I will be more than willing to give you all the gymnasium for an hour to hold your discussion."

"Wouldn't it get boring if we just talk about it?" one boy bemoaned.

Daisuke rubbed his chin. "We could do little presentations to help get our point across. Have a few members of the classroom sit in chairs on stage, and tell the audience in all seriousness that one of them is not a virgin. We won't say which one, to avoid the non-virgin getting in trouble if the parents don't know."

"Why don't we include the missing twenty-fifth student? I'm sure Takaishi Hikari would love to be part of this," Noriko suggested devilishly.

Mrs. Minami looked toward the married student. "She's showing now, isn't she?"

"A bit." Takeru frowned, wondering if this was a ploy to get Hikari someplace to be attacked. Not that being at a school with a dozen potential Chosen and digimon would make for a good place to ambush. Would have to make sure Tailmon's egg was protected.

"Takaishi-chan would make for a unique perspective, and since this is not technically part of classes, she can be involved in this," Mrs. Minami noted.

"Really? THIS is what you want to do? Discuss teenagers stupidly having sex?" Ninami asked. She really wanted to pound her head into the wall when most of the class replied, "Yes."

----------------

"I'm home," Takeru called out as he entered his apartment.

Hikari got up from the couch, but her pants did not as they quickly fell to the ground thanks to her bulging stomach. While her panties mostly stayed on, the falling pants did drag part of it down flashing her husband some of her ass. "Why won't these stupid things stay on?" she muttered to herself as she rushed to pull her pants back up.

Takeru shook his head. "Why aren't you wearing the maternity clothing we got you?"

Hikari huffed, folding her arms even as her pants threaten to fall again. "You know I'm not a fan of wearing dresses, and I'm not putting those tents on."

"What about the overalls?" Takeru pressed, trying to avoid a fight.

"They're too baggy," Hikari insisted. "They make me look fat."

"Not fat, pregnant," Takeru corrected.

Hikari pouted. "I'm bigger than I should be."

"You're two grams under target weight for nineteen weeks." As his wife's mouth opened, Takeru continued, "And don't tell me you're seventeen weeks. It counts from your last period, not actual conception, assuming you really did conceive at the same time as Tailmon. Can't even be sure that's when she conceived, it may have happened earlier. Being partnered with our son may have thrown the whole schedule out of whack, not just hatching."

Hikari just looked at him, looking ready to cry.

Takeru sighed and pulled her into a hug. "What's really wrong?"

Hikari buried her face into his shoulder. "I miss seeing everyone at school."

Takeru shook his head. "What about Mom and Tailmon?"

"Your mother is busy with work and Tailmon is content guarding her egg. There's nothing for me to do here," Hikari pointed out.

Takeru smirked. "Well, there's is a little school project you can work on."

Hikari pulled away and looked at him in confusion. "You want me to do your homework?"

Takeru laughed. "You've already been helping me with that. What I'm talking about is the Cultural Festival coming up."

"There's something I can help with?" Hikari asked, her face brightening a little.

"Yep. You wouldn't believe the topic we're doing, especially as the principal has approved it," Takeru teased.

"Are you going to tell me or do I have to beat it out of you?" Hikari demanded.

"Teenage sexuality," Takeru told her.

Hikari broke into giggles. "Very funny. Now what is your class doing?"

"I'm serious. Between our situation, Daisuke's... well, activities, and other students not exactly being virgins, the principal wants us to put on a presentation about why we've all been stupid," Takeru explained.

Hikari looked at him disbelievingly. "Really? And I'm allowed to help?"

"It's no different than a parent or sibling helping out," Takeru rationalized. "And as it's not part of school, you are allowed to help. The principal wants you to participate."

Hikari grinned. "I know exactly what to talk about."

----------------

Mrs. Minami felt that dealing with the Parent Teacher Association was akin to dealing with a hornet's nest. So long as you did not disturb them, they would be rather content to do nothing, which is what the parents usually did: nothing. A few times bullies had gotten out of hand and the usual response was 'children will be children,' even by the victim's parents.

Yet when the hornet's nest was disturbed, the parents certainly reacted. When a teacher handed out questionable punishments, he soon found himself unable to find work anywhere. When a student suddenly became an orphan, she had the school behind her ready to help.

Mrs. Minami was rather surprised at the lack of reaction the presence of digimon at the school had brought. Sure a few of the parents were worried about the alien creatures and wanted something done about them, while others wanted to hail them as heroes. The latter might've won out had the reveal not occurred from two boys responsible for getting girls pregnant.

It was the reaction to those pregnancies that concerned Mrs. Minami the most. They practically refused to talk about it. The situation with Hikari was 'out of their hands,' while Musume had 'resolved the situation.' Not talking about problems didn't make it go away, and her school had some problems that needed to be addressed yet doing so would disturb the nest.

Mrs. Minami briefly wished she was a drinker or a smoker to calm her nerves as the meeting started, yet found both habits to be disgusting. After dealing the usual starting business came when the floor was open to new business. As usual they looked to her to take the floor first. "Not sure where to begin with this. As you are all aware, our school will be hosting the annual Cultural Festival in a few weeks. Each year we get requests for questionable themes, be it a concert from a semi-professional band or performing a play unsuitable for children. This year appears to be no different yet the questionable presentations from a class is something I feel they need to do."

"Would this presentation be in regards to Digimon culture?" one parent asked.

Mrs. Minami paused. "While not a bad idea, it is not one that has been put forward by any of those revealed to work with them. The issue in question is a presentation on teenage sexuality."

"We don't want to encourage them!" one mother protested.

"The point of the presentation is to discourage teenage sexuality. And this will be led by those who know best why teenagers should wait: the ones who are suffering from the choice to be intimate at a young age. Motomiya did not take it well that a girl aborted his child and did so without his knowledge let alone consent. Takaishi faces many stresses having been forced to marry his pregnant girlfriend," Mrs. Minami explained.

"And aren't those boys the same ones with Digimon? They are hardly representative of normal students," pointed out the first parent.

"If only that was the case. Motomiya and Takaishi are hardly the only non-virgins in their class. Sure Motomiya is rumored to have slept with a few of his female classmates; however he is not responsible for all of them. And he certainly had nothing to do with a fair number of boys also rumored to not be virgins." Mrs. Minami shook her head. "Students at our school having sex is not a new problem. As much as we would like to think they're too young, that they would never have sex, the truth is each year a fair number choose to rush to adulthood, while others are forced into it. How many of you were honestly virgins when you began Senior High, let alone when you finished."

"It is not a problem that needs to be addressed," one parent protested.

"Two first year students are known to have conceived. How many are there that we don't about?" Mrs. Minami returned. "We always like to think there aren't any problems and then are shocked to discover they're far worse than we ever imagined. Back in the early 1990s politicians sent out surveys for students. They wanted to prove that the lack of laws concerning sex with children were not an issue. The number of girls from first year senior high reporting that not only were they sexually active but were being paid to perform sexual favors was disturbingly high. And while laws have been passed to protect the children, it did not put an end to the issues, especially as there has been a definite lack of enforcement. Just because a girl is given 'gifts' instead of money doesn't change the fact she is still prostituting herself.

"Now I'm not about to let the class say anything they want, nor will they be allowed to show anything sexual. I will personally work with them and will observe their presentation before the Cultural Festival and will be on hand to shut it down if they deviate from script," Mrs. Minami promised.

"What about the other presentations? Who is going to make sure none of them get out of hand? Last year's festival had a haunted classroom complete with a zombified girl whose tattered shirt left part of her chest exposed," another mother questioned.

"Teachers will be around to both help and watch the presentation. Her costume was something she decided on for herself, was only on display for less than ten minutes and she had gotten an unplanned vacation from school for the trouble she caused," Mrs. Minami reminded. "If a student tries anything that was not approved, we will deal with it appropriately."

The head of the PTA folded her hands. "I see that you are intent on this. Though it is a fine line you're dealing with. Many teachers going outside the bounds of the approved sex education curriculum are no longer employed by any school. If the wrong person gets upset at the presentation, you may be retiring much sooner than you planned."

"I am aware of that risk. It is one I should've taken much sooner. Every year students are recklessly risking their health and their future. I feel it's high time we give them a reality check before more of them engage in sex before they are ready," Mrs. Minami affirmed.

----------------

Going to school should be a simple thing to do. There should be no reason for it to be a major production requiring not just having someone walk with her, but leaving people at her home to guard her digimon partner as well. While Hikari understood the reasoning, that she had been attacked already, she hated the necessity of it. With the Dark Seed Children knowing where she would be and that she would be away from Tailmon she offered an easy target if the others were not with her. She tried to think of it as just walking with the boy she liked to school even though the classes were over for the day, but she was not about to pass up the chance to act like a normal girl despite the very reason she was going.

"Yen for your thoughts?" Takeru wondered.

Hikari shrugged. "Just wishing we could do this normally."

"If I could trade places with you, I would. I'd love not having to go to school," Takeru joked.

Hikari let out a mocking laugh. "Doubt you'd feel that way if you were in my situation."

"HIKARI-CHAN!" cried out a group of girls led by two of the married girl's childhood friends who immediately rushed off the school grounds straight toward the girl.

"Wow! You're really starting to show!" Dachi cooed. "You'll be a mommy before you know it!"

"I've still got almost five months to go. I'm only going to get fatter," Hikari bemoaned.

Takeru rolled his eyes, doubting his wife would look any different if she had just gained a little weight.

Yukimi rubbed the girl's belly. "Feel the little guy moving yet?"

"I think so, but even when I swear he's kicking Takeru says he doesn't feel anything," Hikari replied with an agitated blush.

"Don't we need to plan that presentation?" Patamon chirped from where he was sitting, which was on top of Takeru's head

A couple girls jumped back with one classmate asking, "Why do you have that with you?"

"There are certain digimon that aren't happy with her blessing, most of whom are weak against his holy attacks," Takeru informed. "He's a good deterrent to anyone wanting to hurt her."

"What about Tailmon's egg?" Yukimi wondered.

"We've left a few guards to protect our child as well," Patamon noted, his eyes fixed on Noriko, viewing the dark seed girl as a serious threat despite not even seeing a digivice on her, nor sensing her partner anywhere nearby.

"Let's go." Takeru grabbed his wife by the hand and pulled her toward the school, which the other girls followed right behind them.

Patamon took flight as they got to the door and vowed, "I will be nearby."

Takeru merely nodded as most of the group entered the school.

"I won't let you hurt Hikari or anyone else," Patamon warned the lone strangler.

"Takaishi-chan is safe for now," Noriko promised. "I would do nothing that might hurt the true prize she offers."

Patamon glared at her. "You want her baby?"

"Of course. Who would not want to control such power?" Noriko returned. "You can't tell me you haven't noticed how powerful you feel around her. I wouldn't be surprised if you could evolve right now without your partner's help."

"You'll never take her baby," Patamon stated coldly.

"Has little Sayuri-chan seen that to be?" Noriko mocked.

Patamon frowned. "Actually, she has. You should beware of your teammates. An attack later this year will not include you in any way. Their goals will not be yours."

"I know they will attempt to betray me once I'm no longer of any use. The one you should truly fear is Sakura, though I may deal with her before you get the chance," Noriko returned.

Patamon nodded and flew toward Takeru's classroom window to be closer to his partner. He wished Noriko was their only threat. If they could focus on her they might be able to save her. The problem with that, as Sayuri's first dream indirectly suggested, Noriko was potentially restricting her team by trying to accomplish her goals. Together they have a singular focus that can be planned against, apart with their different motivations they would become a greater threat.

----------------

"Figured we should start with class rep. opening the presentation by going over the purpose of the presentation and going into all the boring number stuff," Daisuke suggested. "Then we get to the stuff to get their attention back. We'll have four girls on stage and announce one is not a virgin, but we won't say who."

Ninami folded her arms. She would question why she'd have to start this joke of a presentation, but as classroom representative it would be part of her duty. "Why use girls for that? It'd cause less issues if we use guys."

"That's the entire point, isn't it?" Hikari piped in as she entered the classroom. "Girls being sexually active is of greater concern and burden to her family."

Ninami frowned. "We could use you as the non-virgin." She watched as several of her classmates returned to meeting.

"Using Hikari would hardly be any different than using guys," Takeru pointed out.

"Even declaring only one girl out of four as being a non-virgin can potentially cause an innocent girl to be subject to rumor or get in trouble with her parents," Ninami protested.

"As you would be the one to open the presentation, you wouldn't be one of the four," Daisuke pointed out.

"I wouldn't volunteer for it to begin with, especially after being grilled because of that damn rumor I'm in your little black book," Ninami shot back.

Yukimi smirked. "How about we have the sexually active girl reveal herself. Using a girl whose parents already know she has a lover."

"And who could be used for that?" Ninami questioned.

"Me!" Yukimi grinned sheepishly.

"Yukimi!" Hikari gasped.

"Condoms AND birth control," the girl immediately assured her pregnant friend. "I may love my egotistical jerk, but I'm not about to follow your footsteps if I can help it. Especially as any child I have with him might be Chosen."

"You're dating Daisuke?" one girl wondered.

Ninami scowled darkly.

"No," Yukimi quickly denied. "My boyfriend's sister is a Chosen, and considering I'm her childhood friend likely doesn't help." She motioned toward Hikari.

Hikari looked sadly at her friend. "I wouldn't bet against any of your children being Chosen. While I never used birth control pills, even that can fail. Only abstinence is certain."

"Easier said than done," Yukimi retorted.

Principal Minami smiled from the back of the classroom. "I assume when the floor is given to you that's what you'll be talking about."

Hikari nodded as she patter her waist. "I learned the hard way that it's not 'safe sex,' but safer sex. I had used condoms, but this still happened. I was thinking that I would talk about my dreams and goals for when I grew up, about how I wanted to be a teacher. Yet because I let love blind me, not only have I made what I wanted to be a nearly hopeless dream, I have hurt Takeru and my family as well."

Daisuke tilted his head. "Maybe you should play it all up. Don't just preach to audience, but talk about some of your experiences as a Chosen as well. Going into the one-in-a-million chances we've had to win a battle and yet succeed and play that into how condoms and birth control pills have risks of failure. You're not seen as being normal, that you're different. Give them a chance to learn about you, to make them see you as a kid."

Ninami let out a laugh. "That's the first idea you've had that I can get behind."

Hikari looked questioningly at the classroom representative.

Takeru leaned closer to his wife and whispered, "She's the tsundere of his harem."

Hikari giggled.

----------------

Takeru gazed over the packed auditorium with a frown. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised that his fellow students wanted to learn about sex, and the parents likely wanted to make sure they didn't know anything. It did not help keeping an eye out for potential ambushes. With the Dark Seed Children becoming even more aggressive, having Hikari away from her partner put her at risk. Though if they decided to attack his home to get at Tailmon and her egg, not only would they find the target to be missing, but the London team lying in wait.

Ninami strode to the front of the stage while four girls moved to sit on chairs that were placed in the middle of the stage behind her.

The class representative cleared her voice before she began, "Welcome to Class 1-F's presentation, The Culture of Sex. This may seem to be an odd topic. After all, what can be cultural about such a thing. What we often forget is that sex is part of our everyday lives. I don't mean the actual act itself, rather all the things that revolve around it. You can not turn on a television without having an attractive man or woman trying to sell you something or watch a show and not have at least some sort of hints that characters like each other beyond friendship. And it extends beyond that, groups will define who we find appealing, be the person short or tall, light or heavy, younger or older. There are a few African and Asian cultures that find women with long necks to be beautiful and the Kayan people go as far as using neck rings to deform the body enhance the appearance of having an elongated neck. And if a girl from Mauritania wants to attract men, she better weigh _at least_ a hundred kilograms or no guy will look at her. I could go on about the ways sex shapes our own culture; however, I will mainly focus on one aspect: the sexualization of the young.

"What is the age of the lead female in your favorite manga? How old is the idol you'd really like to get to know? Chances are she's fourteen to sixteen years old. For the ones who aren't, they are liable to be younger, not older. Even an image search for 'Card Captor Sakura' gets you pages of naked images of girls who would be illegal to sleep with even using Japan's most lenient age of consent laws. With our media ingraining that young, cute girls are attractive, it's no wonder that the majority of the people molested on subways are under eighteen..."

Takeru rolled his eyes as Ninami continued to drone on, going into statistics. He still hadn't spotted any of the Dark Seed Children, and could tell Patamon, who was hidden up in the rafters, likewise didn't see anything as his partner let loose a roar of a yawn.

Ninami finally signaled the end of her speech by motioning to the girls behind her. "...And to illustrate my point, one of these girls is sexually experienced. I won't say which one, but I do know her first experiences were before attending junior high."

Three of the girls immediately pointed at Yukimi who waved at the crowd sheepishly.

"If you find that a thirteen year old girl isn't a virgin to be shocking or strange, I remind you by the time we finish senior high, at least half of us will have engaged in sex. For every every person over twenty that has sex for the first time, at least one person under eighteen has as well. And..." Ninami finally turned around and 'discovered' that the non-virgin had been outed. "Yukimi-san?!"

"YOU didn't tell them," Yukimi pointed out.

Ninami let out a huff. "Why don't you explain why you've had sex?"

"Sure." Yukimi stood up while Ninami and the rest of the girls left the stage. "Yes, I am sexually aware and active. I supposed you all want to know why." She let out a long breathe. "It began simply enough: I was curious. I was invited to a party hosted by senior high schoolers. There I found out that beer tastes nasty. I didn't even have half a glass when one of the guys there approached me, so I doubt I was even tipsy. He was extremely drunk though, to the point he thought I was a guy, and, well, used the wrong hole down there. He didn't force anything, just surprised me a bit. Then I heard rumors that one of my classmates not only wasn't a virgin but that he was surprisingly good, and yet again curiosity gripped me so I had to find out if it was true." She giggled a little.

"It could've ended there. I had my curiosity answered. Then I met this boy. He's the most lovable and infuriating person I have ever met." Yukimi placed her hand over her chest. "I have come to care greatly for him. Even if I hadn't been at that party, or tried to find out if the rumor was true about my classmate, I would likely still be standing here because of the love I have to shared with him." She began to pace a little across the stage. "Part of me wishes I only had my experiences with my boyfriend. That he would be my one and only. Another part of me is thankful for those experiences. Not just in knowing what my boyfriend was doing wrong, but in learning that making love to someone you truly care about really does feel better than just having sex with someone."

Yukimi shifted a little. "Actually, I'm not sure I'd be standing HERE. When I first indulged my curiosity, I thought for sure I was the first of my friends to do such a thing. Just as I kept my experiences a secret from my friends feeling a couple of them were too innocent to tell them and that the rest of them would disapprove of my choice, I learned that one of my friends, who I felt was both too innocent and would disapprove of it, wasn't just experienced but pregnant as well. It would've been so easy to blame her for encouraging me, and if I had only been with my boyfriend one could argue that. As my first encounters were before learning she was having sex, she honestly had nothing to do with it."

"Well the second boy you were with could be indirectly blamed on me," Hikari spoke up as she walked onto the stage. She was wearing the dress she hated the most as it's white and pink stripes accentuated her belly making her waist look bigger than it really was. "Hello, I'm Takaishi Hikari, formerly Yagami Hikari. After I learned I was pregnant, I married my boyfriend. Please believe me when I say this isn't something I wanted yet. While I accept the responsibility of my actions, I had so many plans that may never come true now."

Yukimi walked backwards as she left the stage, leaving her friend to stand alone.

"I'm sure you all have many questions," Hikari addressed the audience. "Unlike Yukimi-chan, curiosity had little to do with me deciding on having sex. Takeru has been a special person to me since I was eight years old... when we fought together with our digimon to save both the Digital World and Earth. There is a trust I have with him that was born on the battle field. I know he has my back. That he would die before he'd let any harm come to me, just as I would die to protect him. We forged a bond that went beyond friendship. While I have deep bonds with the other children with digimon partners, there was something more with Takeru. When he approached me to be his girlfriend-- I held no reservation for it to be a full relationship.

Hikari let out an exaggerated sigh. "As a child partnered to a digimon, I used to go the Digital World often. As that world has different laws of reality, using birth control pills was not an option for me as the medicine could either be rendered ineffective the moment I travel to the other dimension or I could accidentally overdose as it doesn't get processed by my body fast enough. I wanted to keep my intimate relationship with Takeru, so we choose to use condoms to try to delay having a baby." Hikari exaggerated her pout. "That obviously didn't work. I found out the hard way that there is no such thing as 'safe sex' rather it's safer sex. Condoms can leak and birth control pills can fail to work on you. You might think 'I won't get pregnant' or 'I won't get a sexual disease,' that such things couldn't happen to you. That's when it WILL happen to you. Maybe having sex hundreds of times will carry few consequences as it has for my brother and his now fiancee, or, like what happened to one of my childhood friends, one time was all it took to get pregnant and uproot her entire life."

Hikari uneasily paced across the stage. "When we started planning for this presentation, it was suggested I make you all see me as a normal girl. The problem is that I'm not normal. Sure my desire to be a kindergarten teacher sounds something any girl my age would say, but I have a hopefully unique reason for it. You see, the first time I was involved in a lethal digimon battle was the so called 'Hikarigaoka terrorist attack.' A digimon hatched at my home, which my brother and I immediately adopted him. He quickly grew bigger and bigger. Then a second, much larger and more powerful, digimon emerged into our world. And when those two digimon met, they immediately began fighting which caused all the damage that was blamed on terrorists. I did not want to lose my new friend and managed to impart my energy into him. Allowing him to win what should've been a hopeless fight. I was only four-years-old and I was responsible for the death of an intelligent being. My innocence was gone before I even got to start school, and I want to be a kindergarten teacher in order to protect the innocence of children. So they can remain children and not be forced to grow up before their time as I have been.

"Another thing that makes me not normal is that despite only being thirteen, I have decided against delaying my pregnancy. When I went to find information of on how many girls my age actually decide to give birth I could easily find out the numbers for the United States and most of Europe, I could not find the birth rates for girls under fifteen for Japan. With help from my mother-in-law I was able to find proof I am not alone in this. Every year at least one or two junior high-school aged girls give birth in Japan. From what I've learned about these other young mothers is that some excuse is given to keep her out of school while she carries her baby to term, and once born the resulting child is usually treated as her younger sibling or is adopted by someone in her family.

"Now saying only one or two girls under fifteen having a baby sounds negligible, just mere anomalies. I would like to point out that there are no statistics for abortions beyond the total number conducted. There is no telling how many girls my age have put an end to their pregnancies. I can only make a guess using numbers from other countries. Up to ninety percent thirteen-year-old girls who find themselves pregnant in the United States have abortions, suggesting that maybe ten to twenty girls my age become pregnant. However, an unplanned pregnancy in Japan is far more likely to be delayed. So is the real number somewhere between twenty and sixty, or is it in the hundreds?"

Hikari shook her head. "Here I admit as a child partnered with a digimon that I am not normal, and yet I try to make this sound more normal." She motioned at her waist. "There is no way to sugar-coat it, my situation is rather unique, at least in Japan today. I was not forced to have an abortion. I got to choose to marry the father of my baby. My child will always get to know that I am his mother and not his sister nor cousin. This is a luxury that is rarely afforded to other Japanese girls. I can't say whether or not that is a good thing. Child brides have become increasingly rare in Japan, it has happened in the past and still occurs in many countries around the world. Young girls forced into marriage and starting a family long before they would be ready for it and often to a man far older than they are. The emotional toll on their young minds of being a wife and especially a mother is extremely taxing. A thirteen year old being in charge of younger siblings from time to time is one thing, where they learn responsibility. Becoming a mother is something else entirely. There's no time off, no breaks. A baby sibling may wake you, but when that baby is yours, you have to get up and take care of him. Your baby's needs doesn't stop because you have school, plans with friends or even if you're sick. This is stressful to adults, to a child it's far worse as they haven't had a chance to grow up, to learn how to do everything they need to survive, to know who she truly is.

"Starting a family may sound enticing to young girls who dislike school, a means out of the stress to perform well on tests and dealing with other students. That stress is nothing compared to being in charge of another life every minute of every day without break. A stress I can only compare to what I felt in the Digital World when entering enemy territory, keeping an eye out for the next threat, to make sure my friends are not attacked. My experiences with digimon help me deal with my current situation... and I'm still scared out of my mind. I'm only thirteen and I'm going to be a mother. Will my baby be born healthy? Will I make some mistake that'll hurt him? What can I do to help Takeru and not hold him back any more than I already have?"

Hikari held her hands over her chest. "I must admit that I was rather upset when I learned that a former classmate had an abortion. I would've loved having a friend in the same situation as me. Someone I could talk to that would understand. I was being very selfish. I have since come to see the reasons of her choice. Asking a girl to give up her life for that of a baby and a husband she doesn't love is a horrible price for satisfying her curiosity.

"I was forced to grow up before my time, and have continued to make adult decisions of my own accord. I desire to become a kindergarten teacher to protect children, to save them from the life I've had. I wish that for all the girls here, especially you, Yukimi-chan: to not rush into adulthood. It will come in time. Remain being children for as long as you can as once innocence is lost, it can never be regained," Hikari finished with a bow before walking off the stage.

Takeru and the other Chosen Children present lead the applause that quickly washed over the entire audience.

Daisuke strode up onto the stage. "Sorry if you thought this was done. There is more to said. While girls should be keeping their panties on due to the threat of pregnancy, they aren't the only ones to carry risks. Guys are just as likely to get a sexual disease from their partners as girls are. And if a guy knocks up a girl and considers it not to be his problem, he's the worst piece of garbage. Guys are just as responsible, more so if he pressured the girl into it, and should do everything he can to support the decisions made by both families involved, even if it means giving up video games and getting a job to take care of a baby. Even if you think you can get away with it, your family may have other thoughts and force you to take responsibility.

"I suppose you all don't want me to rant, rather you want to hear my story. How I ended up bedding a dozen girls." Daisuke motioned toward where Hikari was standing off to the side of the stage. "Six months ago I had the biggest crush on a girl. She has her own special brand of cute. She'll talk to you in a very polite manner, yet she'll rarely put on skirts or dresses opting to wear shorts or pants as she's rather athletic. If there's a romantic drama and a football game on the television, she'll be watching the game. And the way you know she cares about you isn't by how she'll address you, it's when she starts joking with you. She has a way of twisting words or actions into a joke without it being mean or insulting to anyone..." He grinned sheepishly. "...except for when she teases her brother, but siblings are like that."

Daisuke began to pace across the stage. "Then I found about her having a pregnancy scare, when her brother attacked me thinking I was the one responsible." He let out a long sigh. "Only I wasn't the one who she had been intimate with. She couldn't just tell me she wasn't interested in me, that would've been 'rude.' And being a guy I didn't pick up on the times I'd ask her to go out, that if she was interested in going she'd invite our friends and if she wasn't she'd come up with some excuse to not go. I was understandably upset about that, but part of me hoped that it was a lie or a test. Then I accidentally walked in on her having sex. I couldn't deny THAT."

Daisuke shook his head. "I was in a very depressed mood after that. I thought there would never be another girl. That no girl would ever be willing to be with me. One of my friends proved me wrong even though it was supposed to be a one time deal. As she went on to try to have a relationship with someone else, I became the guy fathers want to punch in the face.

"A joke here, a flirt there, a shoulder to lean on, a friendly ear and girls started to take their panties off for me. Then girls heard I'm actually kind of good at having sex and they started to seek me out. I thought nothing of it. That there was nothing wrong with sharing pleasure with someone who wants to be with me. One particularly innocent girl came to me to satisfy her curiosity. Seventy eight days ago we went on a date... and she became pregnant."

Daisuke shook his head. "You'd think I'd be thankful she took care of it without asking for any money to take care of it. A lot of guys would be perfectly okay with that. I'm not. She ended her pregnancy without giving me a chance to say anything about it. I understand why she did it. That having a child would've destroyed any chance of making a future for herself. She'd be saddled with me as her husband and taking care of a child she didn't ask for. Sure she asked for sex, but that's all she wanted, not a life time of responsibility stuck in a potentially loveless marriage. And I would kiss the idea of university good-bye, needing to get a job to raise and support a family."

Daisuke gave a bit of a smirk. "I'm no longer a threat to the virginities of daughters. I'm no longer having sex with any willing girl. She has to be a girl who would put up with being married to me if I get her pregnant. And she needs to be someone I care enough for me to drop school and take up working crappy jobs to support. I can't speak about the girls I've been with, but I've come to regret sleeping around."

As Daisuke walked off the stage, Ninami returned to stage, announcing with a bow to the audience, "Thank you for listening to our presentation. We hope it gives you something to think about, and gives pause to those thinking about becoming intimate before they are able to deal with potential consequences."

----------------

Takeru frowned as Hikari once again rushed to the next student run concession stand with her old school friends in tow. He was having trouble keeping up with her, and not exactly happy he didn't get a chance to grab any food himself. Then she smiled brightly as a third year student handed her some dango.

"She hasn't been able to smile like that in a while, hasn't she?"

Takeru jumped and immediately bow slight in respect. "Principal."

"Relax, Takaishi, this is a day to enjoy the events," Mrs. Minami advised him. "Your wife certainly is taking advantage of it."

"I could relax more if she didn't make protecting her so hard," Takeru replied sheepishly.

"You are not alone in wanting to keep her safe." Mrs. Minami pointed at the school roof where Taichi, Sora, Piyomon and Agumon were watching the schoolyard. "Let them be the guards for today and take some time for yourself."

"If only I could." Takeru eyed Hikari as she moved on to watch some students performing on taiko drums. "I promised to protect her, only it feels like putting the wolf in charge of the hen house. She's in so much danger now because of me."

Mrs. Minami smiled wryly at him. "Because of what both of you have done. It's a shame the presentation likely didn't do much to change anyone's mind. If only they could truly live as you do for a day, then your classmates would not be as jealous of you."

Takeru smirked. "I'm jealous of them, especially when they talk of going off to do something fun."

"I worry about you children, but at least I know your heart is in the right place for your wife," Mrs. Minami praised.

----------------
----------------

Author's Notes:

There have been many things that caused the delay from me working on my fan-fiction. What was intended as a short break has lasted far longer than intended. I now have an exhausting job, but it comes with full benefits: including healthcare and 401K so not only do I have money now, I should have money when I retire.

Another reason was that I wanted to see what Digimon Adventures Tri was going to do. I have to say I was far from impressed. I would've much preferred a 52 episode season with lesser animation than what we've got. It definitely looks nice, but the story goes from plot point to plot point, moment of awesome to moment of awesome while forgetting what made Digimon Adventures a fan favorite: the characters. The Chosen Children weren't cookie cutter tropes. It would've been so easy to have Hikari being the vapid saint who does no wrong, yet we got a sarcastic girl with tomboy tendencies, which neither trait are normal for Japanese girls. What we got with Tri has all the issues of bad fan-fiction. We meet tragic!Mary Sue with less character than a third string love interest in a harem who has a digimon that's stronger than all of the original casts' digimon at Ultimate level combined. And the treatment of Daisuke, Iori, Miyako and Ken is down right horrible. I have read Daisuke hate ficts that had more respect for the characters. And that doesn't even get into continuity issues, bringing up plot threads that went absolutely no where, and just plain too many issues.

Digimon Adventures Psi has been better, but it's still favoring plot points and battles over characterization where you need to have seen the original series or picked up on small references to know about their backgrounds, which is a problem when not everything is the same. For instance: Hikari is not the same eight year old, and Mimi is no longer a pretend princess of an upper middle class family, rather she is now a corporate princess of a top 1% family.