InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nigousan ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Nigousan
 
Disclaimer: I do not own nor make any monies off of Inuyasha or any of the characters. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi and VIZ Media. If I owned Inuyasha, you would see him, in the buff, on a newsstand every week right next to Playgirl…Hanyou Hotties and Demonic Dominants
 
 
 
Oh god, Kikyou really was that stupid.
 
Kagome didn't know why that thought popped into her head when there was close to two hundred pounds of snarling, flexing muscle draped over her with razor sharp fangs and claws way too close to sensitive areas, but it did.
 
Her next action was a desperate look in Lord Sesshomaru's direction. Right now Inuyasha wasn't hurting her or Kikyou and she didn't want him zapped with a million volts of Tazer for acting on instinct. The Demon lord looked calm but she could see faint strain lines around his brilliant gold eyes.
 
“Well? Why aren't they done yet? I heard screaming and howling and I assumed, correctly from the stains on the bedding, that the ceremony was consummated. I'd like my husband back now.” Kikyou attempted to take another step towards the bed and was rewarded with a snap of powerful jaws and her niece crying out as Inuyasha thrust back into her.
 
Gods, she felt like she was in some medieval romance novel where the family gathered in the lord's bedchamber and watched the marriage be consummated. Then they would take the stained bedding and hang it from the windows for all to see so that the bride was proven a virgin. She just wanted them all to LEAVE!
 
“Mrs. Yamada you must go. Inuyasha is not concerned with you,” Sesshomaru barked out. “His only concern is to mate and impregnate the girl beneath him and you are a threat. This can and usually does go on from moonrise until sunrise.”
 
Kikyou stopped short of stomping her foot. “What do you mean my husband isn't concerned with me? He should be. He promised.”
 
“And what did my fool brother promise you?”
 
She sniffed. “He promised me that he would only use his nigousan when absolutely necessary and no more. To me that means once to get the need over with. Not more than one day, not the day before the full moon, not the day after, once, that day, and that's it.”
 
“And do you and he couple only once on his human night?”
 
“That is not the point!” Now Kikyou did stomp her foot and the gesture was apparently threatening enough to cause Inuyasha to shift weight again, driving him deeper and more painfully into Kagome. At this point, she didn't care what the point was; she only wanted them to continue this conversation somewhere else.
 
“Could you two please take this out on the balcony? Or better yet, downstairs where I can't hear you? This isn't helping.”
 
Inuyasha had apparently had enough of the audience as well and began arranging Kagome's hips higher so that he was in a better position to move within her. He seemed oblivious to the scent of blood in the air and she was beginning to worry because she could actually smell it over the musk of sex. She didn't think it was possible to need stitches from sex but she didn't want to find out. And the snarling and slobbering weren't helping any.
 
“Not helping you! Not helping you! That's my husband making love to you right now!”
 
Though Kagome could hardly understand how her aunt could think this qualified as making love, she didn't have time to think on it. At Kikyou's last shrill exclamation Inuyasha sank his fangs into the back of Kagome's neck. This was NOT supposed to happen. Sure, there were a number of demons that bit down on their mates to hold them still so they remained joined. Rage demons, shadow demons (she hadn't figured that one out yet), and cat demons, but not dog demons. The mating mark was supposed to be a bite to the base of the neck at the shoulder, a place to combine human and youkai blood to leave a formal mark, a symbol of the household. The only reason for the bite was tradition when demons and humans mating became more common. Nigousans got their mark on the wrist, a simple kanji for mistress in the color of the house and emanating her master's scent.
 
This hurt.
 
And unfortunately two things happened at once that Kagome was likely to never forget.
 
Kikyou shrieked, most likely at the amount of blood that was flowing, and tried to rush forward. This caused Sesshomaru to jump out of the Consulates protective shield and his scent became clear to the twitchy hanyou-turned demon.
 
And twitch he did. He curled his body up, forcing Kagome's to crinkle like an accordion, and swung his head around. The only problem was his fangs were still deeply imbedded on either side of her throat. She could feel the flesh tear and hear Kikyou sobbing and yelling as Sesshomaru grabbed her, but she needed to calm down Inuyasha.
 
“Please.” It came out as more of a croak but it was audible. He was shaking her back and forth like some sort of prey.
 
“Please, Inuyasha, you'll kill me.” She couldn't help the sob that escaped.
 
The scent of her tears seemed to draw the attention of the inu-demon and he stopped snarling.
 
She didn't think she would ever forget the look that crossed Inuyasha's in that moment. It looked like, for the briefest of heartbeats, his eyes flickered back to their sun-bright color, though she knew that was impossible. What she was sure of was the pain that reflected back at her.
 
He pulled out of her and carefully removed those razors from her neck.
 
Do not move.
 
That was an understatement. She was so dizzy she didn't think she could if she wanted to. She heard rather than felt him snuffling around her neck.
 
“Little brother, did you damage any of the arteries?”
 
Inuyasha snarled low in his chest, but to Kagome's surprise, answered Lord Sesshomaru while shifting his nearly unconscious mistress onto his lap.
 
I do not think so.
 
“Allow a small amount of your blood to enter her wounds before you seal them. It will complete the Ritual and help your human to heal.”
 
“No, absolutely not. I will not have my husband sharing his blood with her,” Kikyou shrieked, trying to force her way around the demon lord.
 
“Fool woman. They have just shared more intimate fluids than that. And unless you want your niece to die in your home, you will allow this. She grows weaker while we argue.”
 
Inuyasha flicked an irritated glance in the direction of his wife and brother but carefully opened the vein in his arm. Kagome vaguely felt him rubbing against her neck but was too tired to really focus.
 
“She's lost too much blood, little brother.”
 
The hanyou-turned-demon whined low in his throat. He didn't intend on hurting the human girl but the crowd in the room made him anxious. He knew the other dark haired woman meant something to him, he could smell his scent on her, but he wasn't concerned with her. From the way she was bellowing, she was healthy and strong. Not at all like the broken woman-child in his arms.
 
He made a quick decision. Holding his human's head up, he placed his still dripping arm to her lips.
 
Drink. It will make you strong. You are losing too much blood to heal on your own.”
 
Kagome tried to shake her head, but Inuyasha wouldn't let her.
 
“I'll be sick,” she whispered.
 
No, you will not. Youkai blood is not the same as human. You will heal.”
 
Too weak to protest, Kagome opened and allowed him to pour blood into her mouth. It was warm and oddly sweet, not at all coppery like hers. She managed a few swallows before the darkness beckoning at the edge of her vision took over completely.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The first thing that registered was wonderful warmth. Her body was floating and weightless, surrounded by churning bubbles. Her back was supported by something sturdy, even warmer than the water, while hands stroked over her limbs.
 
Hands?
 
Forcing her eyes open, she realized she was in the Jacuzzi tub in her bathroom. Inuyasha was cradling her in his lap and washing her with his silky, unscented soap.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
Relief showed in his honey colored eyes.
 
“You're awake! Finally. I was beginning to get worried.”
 
“Worried? How long have I been asleep?”
 
“Three days, Kagome.”
 
Three days!” She struggled to get up but was too weak to fight him. “You shouldn't be in here with me, Inuyasha! What will Aunt Kikyou say?”
 
To her surprise, he growled. “This is partly Kikyou's fault and she knows that I plan on taking care of you until you're back on your feet. Do you remember what happened?”
 
“I…Kikyou came in the room. She started yelling. You…you bit me. Then Lord Sesshomaru…you fed me your blood.”
 
His face darkened. “Kagome, I damn near killed you. I almost tore out your neck. You lost so much blood. And on top of that, I tore you down there. Badly. You must be in pain.”
 
Kagome didn't feel much other than the languor of being in a hot bath. But she wiggled a bit and noticed that she didn't really feel pain, more like pulling. A sudden thought popped into her head and she panicked.
 
“I don't have stitches there, do I?”
 
A dry laugh slipped out. “I nearly kill you and you're worried about stitches. Yes, you have stitches. Jaken took care of you once I would leave you out of my arms. They'll dissolve so you don't have to worry about the toad having to take them out.”
 
“Kagome, I am so sorry. I can understand if you want to leave.”
 
The pained look in his eyes reminded her of how he looked that night. Like he felt everything she did. Twisting slightly, she cupped his cheek.
 
“Inuyasha, I know you didn't mean to do this to me. I saw your face that night. You were scared to death.”
 
“It doesn't matter that I didn't mean to hurt you, I did. Next time…gods…next time I could kill you.”
 
“I don't think so. Even after all this I still trust you. And I don't think I'm wrong to. Will me having your blood change me?”
 
He stroked back her bangs and frowned. “No, at least not permanently. What normally would have happened is you would have taken on some of my youkai traits like strength, stamina and healing. You lost so much blood that it took everything that Sesshomaru and I could come up with just to get your wounds to close. And you still ended up needing Jaken to give you stitches.”
 
“I really don't feel any stronger but I don't hurt anywhere.”
 
“You haven't tried just turning your head. In case you hadn't noticed, you keep moving your whole upper body.”
 
She made to try but Inuyasha stopped her with a hand to her cheek.
 
“Don't try just yet. Shiori is here and will be back in a few minutes. She'll want to make sure nothing is damaged beyond repair.”
 
“What does Aunt Kikyou think about all this?”
 
Inuyasha looked pained. “She thinks it's another reason why this nigousan thing won't work. She didn't like seeing me in my demon form, running on instinct. I've been sleeping in here with you.”
 
“Inuyasha! Shouldn't you sleep on the couch or something? It will only make Kikyou more upset if you spend all your time here!”
 
“Inuyasha is exactly where he needs to be, Kagome.”
 
Shiori breezed in to the room, looking stunning in a flowing lavender pant and tunic set that seemed to blend in with her skin. She carried a duffel bag and didn't look particularly happy.
 
“Okay, I think you both need to come out of that tub. I don't want Kagome soaking too long with those stitches.”
 
To Kagome's embarrassment, Inuyasha simply stood with her in his arms and carried her into the bedroom. Shiori spread a large bath towel on the bed and Kagome was carefully blotted dry. Inuyasha disappeared back into the bathroom as soon as he was done and she couldn't help but stare at his taunt butt as he left.
 
The bat hanyou laughed. “I see this experience hasn't made you fear Inuyasha.”
 
Kagome shook her head, mindful of the nurses probing fingers along her neck. “It all seems sort of surreal. I don't remember all that much, it sort of comes back to me in flashes. How is Aunt Kikyou doing?”
 
“Your Aunt is fine. She's heading off to work as we speak.”
 
“Shouldn't Inuyasha be down there with her?”
 
“Kagome, I know you feel a sense of…responsibility for what is going on between your Aunt and Inuyasha, but he is not going to leave you while you are so weak. And I can safely say that you are going to be feeling lightheaded and woozy for a few weeks at least.”
 
“Weeks! What about the new moon?”
 
“We will just have to see what happens. Now hold out your arm.”
 
A needle appeared and Kagome cringed. “What is that for?”
 
“This one is a blood draw. I'm still going to have you come in a month from now, but remember I said you showed signs of anemia? I want to see what your red counts are. You lost a lot of blood last night, more than most humans could have and still recovered. I've never seen Lord Sesshomaru show any emotion but he was worried for you, dear.”
 
“If I lost blood, shouldn't you be leaving what I have inside me?”
 
“After everything, you're still afraid of needles?” The laughter in Inuyasha's voice made it almost worth being stuck. Almost.
 
“Shiori, did my brother say anything about the Ritual marks?”
 
Kagome looked down at her arms but the skin was smooth. There should have been something there if the Binding went as it should.
 
“Did something go wrong? Shouldn't I have a sort of tattoo that says nigousan on it?”
 
The two hanyous exchanged worried glances.
 
“What? Is the ceremony invalid? What about Inuyasha's human marriage then? Will I have to leave? Will I…”
 
Fingers covered her lips. “Kagome, everything worked as it should. The Ritual of the Flesh wasn't closed the way it normally should have been. I bit you. You drank my blood. That's not supposed to happen, especially not between a hanyou and his nigousan.”
 
“Then what? Do I have the marks?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Kagome could see something was very wrong though.
 
“Inuyasha, what aren't you telling me? Where are they? What do they say?”
 
It was Shiori who finally broke the strained silence. “The marks are on the back of your neck Kagome and they are the red and gold of Inuyasha's house.” She swallowed before continuing. “As for what they say…that's what we are trying to understand.”
 
“What? What is it?”
 
Inuyasha turned her head very carefully to face him. “Kagome, instead of saying that you are my mistress…the kanji…the kanji on you neck reads “My Soul.”