Loveless Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Through The Mirror ❯ THE RIVER SUCKS! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Ash, come back! The river's too deep over there!" Misty shouted after her easily excited boyfriend, Ash, but she didn't really expect him to listen. He never listened to the voices of reason or common sense. She ran after him, her now waist-length red hair billowing behind her. From a few feet behind, she could hear Brock's heavy footsteps.

When they reached the edge of the river, they paused for breath. They couldn't see Ash anywhere, nor could they hear his voice. 'He's just messing with us,' Misty reasoned to herself. 'There's no way he's go down a river without calling for help.' However, their hopes pummeled to the ground when she found Ash's Chimchar, soaked in blood and clutching Ash's hat. Soon, Turtwig emerged from the thicket as well. It too was covered in blood.

"Where's Ash?" She couldn't hide the panic in her voice. She heard Brock take a couple of steps away from her. Before they could answer, three certain criminals jumped out. "Prepare for trou-" At that moment, Misty aimed a large rock at them and hit bot Jessie and James. They toppled into a bunch of leaves. Jessie was the first to recover. "What's the matter with you, you litte tramp?"

Meanwhile, Meowth was talking to Ash's traumatized Pokemon. What they were telling him was horrifying him. He turned to what was left of the traveling group. "Chimchar says that the twerp was dragged down the river until a rock hit him. He went under almost instantly. Pikachu then went in to bring him back, but never resurfaced. The blood's from the rock where he was hit. Turtwig tried to get him, but the blood clouded the water. They think he's dead now," Meowth finished with deadly certainty.

"W-w-wow..." Jessie stammered.

"So the twerp really did have one life..." Even James was shocked and disgusted by Meowth story.

Misty broke down on the spot. Brock ran over and held her as she cried. He turned his head away to look at the river that had claimed his best friend. 'I hope you're happy now. You've got our best friend to stay with you for all of eternity.' Jessie and James stood there dumbstruck. Nothing this serious had ever happened to them before. They actually felt affection for the boy whose Pikachu they had tried to steal millions of times. This was proven by the tears that ran down their faces, All four humans and their Pokemon mourned.

Ash slowly opened his eyes. He could feel pain in every limb. Realizing he was alive, he sat up quickly and glanced around. The river had dumped him on the outskirts of some really big city. Lights from buildings, billboard signs, and street lights made the city so dazzling and breathtaking. The people moved from place to place, with very few people looking confused. Everyone seemed to know their own way and one another.

A couple of feet away, Pikachu lied unconscious. Through his pain, he reached his beloved Pokemon and cradled it in his arms. "Don't worry, buddy. I'll find some help soon." He didn't really believe that.

The headlights of a sports car scared Ash and he dove for the nearest bush. A man with sunglasses, a red trenchcoat, and a hat stepped out and walked over to the frightened Pokemon trainer. "Is something wrong?" he asked. His voice was so soft Ash had to strain to hear him. "You're Ash Ketchem, right?"

The teenager looked at the car. Smoke was billowing from one of the windows. The man turned to look too. "Eiri! I told you not to smoke in my car!"

Another man stepped out, but stayed right by the door, prepared to jump back in without hesitation. His blonde hair was messy, his clothes wrinkled, and his face pale with anxiety. "Tohma, I don't bug you about being married to my sister. Don't bother me about one small habit."

Ash took Tohma's side. "But smoking can cause cancer or short life! Do you really want that?"

He stared at the other one for a second. The smallest hint of a smile appeared, but it was quickly suppressed. "You sound like Shuichi. And do I really want cancer or death? Right now, yes."

Tohma took Pikachu from Ash and covered it with a scarf that had been wrapped around his neck moments ago. "Get in the car, both of you. We have to pick up someone else before we reach our destination."