InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Stranger ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 6 – Save a prayer till the morning after

 

 

Lying there wide awake, Kagome's nude body pressed snugly against his own as he held her tight while listening to her steady breathing, Inuyasha wished that this night could last forever.

 

As if his thoughts had jinxed the stillness of the moment, it was right around then that Kagome started to stir. She'd conked out fast and only around an hour had passed since 'they' had gone to sleep. He let her go when she started to pull away from him, silently praying they weren't about to do an awkward 'morning after' at this time of night. Even though she'd already told him he could stay with her until morning his natural insecurities were still hard to ignore.

 

But turning her head and meeting his eyes, Kagome quickly put his growing fears to rest when she flashed him a small but genuine smile. She hadn't forgotten he was there, nor did she regret their activities in the slightest. Her scent would've betrayed her had her smile been forced in any way.

 

Sorry to wake you. I gotta pee again!” she said with a chuckle as she squirmed out of bed and made a dash for the bathroom, the sound of his own laughter making her smile grow as she inadvertently slammed the door in her haste to not have an accident.

 

After relieving her bladder, and brushing her teeth since she'd neglected to do so earlier, Kagome made her way back to the bed and in no way attempted to conceal her nudity. Seeing Inuyasha lying there, propped up on his left elbow and grinning at her as she approached, something panged in her heart. She didn't love him. Well, how could she? She didn't know him! But a part of her would like to get to know him, despite the trouble she knew it would cause for her. Debating whether or not it was worth it was making her feel a wave of guilt.

 

Inuyasha noticed her change in expression and quietly asked her what was wrong as she climbed back into bed. Her scent had become kind of melancholy, which was not a good perfume for her at all. He wanted to make her happy again.

 

You really thought I was a prostitute at first?” she asked, instead of answering his question directly.

 

His ears lowered to his head.

 

I'm sor-”

 

Oh, no! I'm not offended. I'm...heartbroken for you.”

 

His eyes widened a bit at that. The sadness that was slowly encroaching upon her being was for him?

 

She saw his eyes widen, but plowed forward nonetheless.

 

I mean, I just can't help thinking about what it meant. What you said. Has nobody else truly ever wanted you?”

 

I...” What could he say? The truth, he supposed. “No, nobody's ever wanted me. I used to ask women out on dates, but a polite no was the best response I ever got. Then one day Miroku said that I just needed to get laid. We all know what that means. And those women...they were good actors, at the very least. They were always pleasing experiences. I probably paid them three times their normal rate. They weren't about to risk upsetting me. I suppose I could try to find a long-term personal escort, aka a gold-digger willing to be my girlfriend in exchange for a bottomless credit card, but I...I don't really want to. I'm lonely, but I'm not that lonely. Sex for money is one thing, but if I'm ever going to find someone to spend the rest of my life with, I want to know it's real.”

 

Kagome absorbed everything he said in silence, but she couldn't stop her eyes from tearing up, and as her guilt joined the other unpleasant smells muddying up her beautiful scent Inuyasha sat up in the bed and turned to face her fully.

 

What? What's wrong? Please don't cry. You didn't do anything wrong.”

 

But I did, though,” she murmured quietly, even as she allowed him to pull her into a tight embrace. “I used you, just like they do,” she murmured against his shoulder.

 

Kagome?”

 

He didn't understand.

 

While it wasn't about money with me, I definitely took you being hanyou into consideration, as a benefit for my plans. Yes, I find you attractive. Very attractive. But I'd only been planning a one night thing, and when I saw you, you became the perfect choice. I've always kind of had a thing for youkai, but with you, I knew there was no risk of pregnancy. And while I personally don't agree with society's views on human and youkai couples, I hadn't gone in planning to cause any scandals for my family by bringing home my new hanyou boyfriend, you know? So I used you. I used you for your body, your genetics, like you were just a living sex toy, and I'm sorry.”

 

He pinched his eyes closed at her words, but it wasn't anything he hadn't already known, which he then tried to explain to her.

 

I knew that going in, Kagome. You've got nothing to feel guilty about or apologize for. You told me plainly that you'd had a bad breakup and wanted rebound sex.”

 

He quickly decided to take advantage of the moment the kami had provided him to reveal what was in his own heart. Pulling back from the hug, he looked her in the eyes as he poured out the truth.

 

While I would be willing to see if there could be something real between us, I'm not selfish enough to ask you to ruin your life for me. I promise I won't get all stalker-ish. If you never want to see me again, you never will. But kami, Kagome, don't feel guilty for giving me the best night of my life. That you were actually attracted to me, and not just doing what I'd paid you to do while secretly feeling disgusted by my youkai traits? You'll never know how much that means to me, that you were looking for a one-night-stand and chose me. Yeah, okay, you used me for my body, but that's a compliment. It ain't just about me being sterile. You fucking rubbed my ear! Nobody's ever wanted to touch them before. And you kissed me! And you weren't bothered by my claws! In fact I know they turned you on. So please don't feel bad thinking that I feel bad about being used. The only thing about this night that I'm going to regret is when I let you go in the morning. You're one in a million. But if we can't be together, then we can't be together. At least you gave me tonight, and I'll cherish the memory forever.”

 

Kagome started crying again at his words, but they were a different sort of tears and he could tell the difference. A part of her really did want to see him again, but she was torn. He wouldn't push her. Then she glanced up at the ears in question, which flicked in her direction, and she tentatively asked, May I?”

 

Wordlessly, he tilted his head down as his eyes drifted closed a second time.

 

Getting brave, Kagome reached up with both hands and began rubbing both ears. Inuyasha moaned softly at her touch and pressed his head the tiniest bit harder against her hands, which gave her the answer as to whether or not he had been bothered by her earlier caress. Being half inu-youkai, she imagined that he probably actually really liked having his ears rubbed, physically, but she'd wondered if it would bother him emotionally, if his ears were a prominent factor in the ridicule he no doubt experienced on a near daily basis. If nothing else, she was sure they were powerful enough to pick up whatever whispered words were said about him behind his back. She couldn't imagine living like that.

 

That passing thought had her realizing that, if the two of them were to be in a relationship together, she would suddenly know first hand what it was like to be publicly scorned. But even as she couldn't fathom his emotional pain from being hated his whole life for simply being what he was, being ridiculed for her choice in partner was something else entirely, and she suddenly realized in that moment that not only would she not back down in the face of others' prejudice, she would defend him with her fiery Higurashi spirit. She didn't give a damn about what society thought regarding who she could or couldn't be with.

 

Her father was another matter, though. Her parents were paying her way through medical school, and she wouldn't put it past her father to use that factor as leverage. Stop seeing 'the hanyou' or else bye-bye medical career.

 

Of course, I'm sure Inuyasha would pay in that case, come to think of it... Not that she could ever ask him to, but if she chose him over her future career something told her he'd actually insist on paying.

 

Am I really even considering this?

 

Considering what?”

 

Snapping out of her stupor, Kagome released his ears and sat back in the bed.

 

Oh shit, I said that out loud?” she asked while laughing a little at herself.

 

Yes, yes you did,” he answered while staring at her chest. “My turn to do some fondling,” he said then, before she could say anything else, as he reached forward with both hands and cupped her breasts.

 

Hey, they were just right there, begging him to touch them.

 

Glancing down at the contact, Kagome's eyes zeroed in on his crotch as she realized he was rock hard again, the sheet that was just barely covering his lap tenting up in a rather obvious way.

 

So are you going to answer me?” he asked after a moment, letting her know he hadn't gotten distracted. He leaned forward then, and flicked his tongue against her left nipple. “What are you considering?” he asked, right before he took her left nipple into his mouth and started gently sucking and licking, careful of his fangs.

 

Mmmm...” Kagome moaned, unable to form words. Especially when he chuckled against her, the sound sending tingles through her nipple and down to her groin. Then his left hand started squeezing her right breast again, his thumb and forefinger gently pinching and rolling her right nipple in a way that wasn't painful in the slightest.

 

He certainly seemed to know what he was doing. That it was experience he'd had to pay for tried to dampen her mood again, but she refused to let it. Especially when his attentions were dampening something else, which to his nose was definitely a better scent than her previously encroaching guilt and sadness.

 

Kagome cupped the sides of his face, then, as she gently pulled him up and away from her breast, but only so that she could lean forward and press her lips to his. He instantly returned the kiss, which gradually became more passionate as the seconds passed by. Suddenly, his hands were cupping her face as well, until he shifted his hands further back to cup her head, his claws delicately teasing her scalp once more as he gently ran his fingers through her hair.

 

Neither knew if it was Kagome who lied down first, causing Inuyasha to follow her down, or if he was actually the one who'd unconsciously encouraged her to lie down with him, but the next thing the both of them knew, Kagome was lying on her back with Inuyasha lying on top of her, his renewed erection pressing against her heat as he continued to kiss her, his left hand once again cupping and fondling her right breast.

 

Finally breaking apart for air, Kagome panted for breath a moment, and then smiling up at him, seeing the way he was smiling down at her in return, she decided to answer his question.

 

What I was considering was whether or not to give us a try,” she began honestly. “My mother would probably be okay with it, but I honestly don't know how my father would react. I think I really would like to see you again, though, if you'll agree to taking things slowly at first and not just expect us to instantly be boyfriend and girlfriend with continued intimacy. If he found out how we really met he'd never approve, so mums the word. Plus pretty soon I'm going to be too busy with medical school again to do much of anything, anyway. We might be reduced to nothing but phone calls and texts for a while, until we can figure things out, but if you're willing to try, and accept my busy schedule, I'll give you my number, on one condition.”

 

He raised an eyebrow at that, and asked, “And that is?”

 

That we christen the start of seeing where this thing takes us by having sex one last time, which it looks like we're headed for anyway, but this time, I want you take me from behind, like the dog you are,” she told him with a wicked smirk, her eyes sparkling.

 

It was a position she'd always wanted to try, hearing about how a lot of women found it the most pleasurable, but Hojo had downright refused, saying he found the position demeaning. She'd always found it ironic that the one so-called demeaning thing she'd actually wanted him to do, he'd refused, even though he'd then proceeded to demean her in every other way imaginable.

 

In that moment, however, Kagome's reflections back on her past relationship with Hojo were abruptly cut short as she suddenly found herself flipped over onto her stomach. She was unhurt, but Inuyasha had moved so quickly that she hadn't even realized he'd moved at all until suddenly she was bouncing face down on the mattress. Quickly, she scrambled herself up onto her hands and knees, facing the headboard.

 

She wasn't supposed to be thinking about Hojo anymore, anyway. That had been the whole point of this entire night.

 

In the time it took for Kagome to get into position her demonic lover was already more than ready for her, clawed hands gripping her hips firmly, though not too hard; the sensation had Kagome focusing her entire awareness on the here and now as the half youkai man behind her wasted no time with aligning himself at her entrance and plowing forward.

 

She gasped loudly, but not in pain, which Inuyasha must have known beyond a shadow of a doubt because he didn't hesitate even the slightest as he immediately began pounding into her, over and over and over again. Reaching forward and grabbing on to the headboard to prevent herself from sliding too far forward and hitting her head, Kagome found that once again she could do nothing but hold on for the ride, and she was loving every minute of it.

 

Don't...nghnnn...don't hold b-back this time...” she managed to rasp. “I wanna hear you howl.”

 

Inuyasha was momentarily surprised by the request, but then he smirked, a rare look of genuine rather than false confidence that the miko couldn't see in her current position.

 

You really do have a thing for youkai, don't you?” he teased her. “You naughty little miko, you.”

 

Kagome only laughed, or tried to, the sound turning into a broken gasp and moan as he picked up his tempo.

 

Relishing in the knowledge that for once in his life, a sexy, horny woman had chosen him for no reason other than wanting to have sex with him, that she actually wanted to have sex with him and just for the sake of sex, not because of what she'd gain financially, and now to also hear that even though she hadn't been in the market for a new boyfriend she was now willing to at least see if there could be something more permanent between them one day, it didn't take Inuyasha long at all to completely lose himself, just like his date had requested.

 

He slammed into her hard and fast, careful not to pierce her hips with his claws, although that was the only courtesy he offered her, once again ramming her mortal body faster than any human male could ever hope to move. Feeling his third release fast approaching, he didn't slow down for even a second, and as his orgasm was ripped from him a howl tore from his throat to match. Head tilted back, he bayed at the ceiling, like a hunting dog finding its prey. Half the hotel probably heard him, and neither he nor Kagome could have cared less.

 

He stayed like that for several seconds until finally catching his breath, his body relaxing. Not willing to leave their scores uneven, even though he was currently ahead, the hanyou gently pulled out of his lover before murmuring softly for her to lie back down so that he could 'clean up the mess he'd made' one more time. As worn out and sated as Kagome was, she wasn't about to refuse him, for selfish as well as non-selfish reasons – since he actually wanted to – and it didn't take that long for his wickedly talented tongue to bring the miko to her own third orgasm of the night.

 

Mmmm...better than ramen,” he chuckled as he crawled back up the bed, licking his lips.

 

Thank you?” Kagome replied, chuckling as well.

 

Oh, it's a compliment, believe me. Ramen is, or at least used to be, my favorite food.” He waggled his eyebrows at her, causing her to snort-laugh, which had him laughing a second time as well.

 

She was so fucking adorable.

 

What's your favorite food?” he asked her then, seeming genuinely curious, and she figured they might as well start the process of getting to know each other better, so she answered, “Oden.”

 

What about for breakfast?” he asked her then. “Are you a fish and miso kinda girl, or pancakes, or...?”

 

She just shrugged.

 

Honestly, I'm not picky. When I'm in school I usually just have a bagel or a bowl of cereal.”

 

That makes sense,” he replied with an understanding nod.

 

What about you?”

 

He quirked his lip, showing a fang.

 

Ramen.”

 

She laughed again.

 

Tea or coffee, or neither?” he asked her then, volunteering upfront, “I got addicted to espresso, which Miroku teases is definitely my human side showing through because a youkai should not require caffeine.” His sheepish smile let her know he was being serious.

 

Well you are half human, so there's nothing wrong with the occasional human vice,” Kagome agreed, adding, “At home I'll just drink regular coffee with cream, but whenever I'm out I usually get a mocha, 'cause as a human woman I'm also addicted to chocolate.”

 

They both had another brief laugh and then Kagome asked him, “Hey, can you have chocolate, or are you allergic to it because of your inu half?”

 

I can have chocolate,” he verified. “My mom was worried about that, too, when I was a kid. Even after my father assured her that pure-blooded inu-youkai aren't sensitive to chocolate, either, 'cause we just aren't susceptible to mortal weaknesses, she was still cautious 'cause you never do know with hanyou. Something weird could've happened with my genetics. So she started me off slowly, then gradually gave me a little more, bit by bit, until she knew I wasn't going to have a reaction.”

 

That was smart of her,” Kagome agreed with a nod. “Better to find out. If you'd started to get sick to your stomach then she would've known to make sure you never accidentally had a lot of chocolate all at once, like pigging out on Halloween candy or something.”

 

Kami, I loved Halloween...” Inuyasha said then, reminiscing. “I always dressed up as something that required a full head mask. Even if it smashed my ears, I didn't care. It was the one night a year all the other kids just treated me like a normal kid, 'cause they had no idea who I was under the mask. My mother would dress up too, in relation to whatever my costume was, as a way of making sure my classmates wouldn't accidentally recognize her, either. So did my aunt, Miroku's mother, 'cause he and I always Trick or Treated together. Whenever a kid at school asked me about Halloween, teasing me, telling me I already was the perfect costume, I always lied and said that I hated Halloween and that I never went Trick or Treating because Halloween was stupid. They all laughed 'cause they thought they had successfully bullied the half-breed out of participating in the fun event. They never suspected a thing.”

 

Feeling sorry for him yet again, Kagome was about to comment on how unfair it was that his childhood had been so unpleasant, but then her words were stilled by an untimely yawn that had him chuckling again.

 

It's late, we should get some sleep,” he told her then.

 

Readily agreeing, because suddenly she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open, they settled down together in bed just like before, Kagome facing away from Inuyasha with both of them lying on their left sides so that he could spoon her from behind and hold her in his arms all night long. She hopefully wouldn't have to break the tranquility a second time with any more bathroom breaks, but looking back on everything, she was definitely grateful her bladder had woken her up.

 

And so was he.

 

Even if things ended up not working out between them in the long run, it would just be because they hadn't been compatible with one another, not because she was prejudice and shallow and didn't want to be in a relationship with a hanyou outside of secret booty calls. Hell, the woman had started to feel guilty about desiring him sexually because she had still considered that using him! He still didn't think she fully comprehended just how fucking awe inspiring it was for him to realize that she found him attractive.

 

Even though he knew that having a youkai fetish was a thing for some humans, and that as a hanyou he'd definitely be the safer option if the woman wanted to avoid an accidental pregnancy, if Kagome had truly been that kind of a girl through and through then she wouldn't have felt guilty about it afterwards, and she most certainly wouldn't have relented and agreed to give them a try as a regular couple. The kink was there. She was into his ears, and his fangs, and his claws, but fucking hell that was a good thing! He'd used to think that he wanted to find a woman willing to overlook his youkai traits, who'd love him for him despite his youkai blood and not see him as a freak of nature, but he realized now, loving him for him included his youkai heritage, and while he understood that Kagome didn't love him, yet, she obviously liked him well enough to try, and that was all he could really ask for at the moment.

 

Staying in touch with her, even if they only texted for months, years, was better than her disappearing from his life never to be seen or heard from again. Staying in tough with her meant there was hope for the future. Allowing himself to actually drift off to sleep, the scent of their latest joining perfuming the air, Inuyasha couldn't remember a time he'd ever felt happier.

 

As for Kagome, who'd snuggled deeper into his embrace as she felt unconsciousness slowly seep into her mind, her last thoughts were that she was nervous about her decision to try giving them a try, but also that she didn't regret it. It wasn't like she'd ever be able to find anybody else to be her new boyfriend after him, anyway. No human man would ever measure up to him sexually, at the very least. That might seem shallow, but so what? He was hands down the best lay she'd ever had, and what was so wrong with wanting to keep him? But she refused to continue just using him for sex, and that was why she'd said she wanted to take things slowly, and not immediately continue on with an intimate relationship. It was for both their sakes; she didn't want the only times they texted each other to be for booty calls. She wanted to actually get to know more about him than just how many different sexual positions he was good at, and if he honestly wanted a real relationship too then he would not only respect her decision in that regard, but he should feel the same way, wanting to learn more about her, as well.

 

Which seemed to be the case, if their casual chat about favorite foods was any indication.

 

And at least he already knew about medical school and her desire to become a pediatrician, and while for a split second she'd thought that information had shocked him, it'd quickly turned out that that was only because he had thought she was busy with a different sort of career. He hadn't said a single discouraging thing in regard to her actual career goals, so he was already one up on Hojo as far as she was concerned, not even including the bedroom.

 

She would keep her promise to give him her phone number in the morning, and then they'd just take it from there. He'd already promised her that he wouldn't get all stalker-ish, and she wasn't worried about him becoming a creep because she knew he knew she could zap him one if it ever came down to it. His youkai strength was in no way threatening to her, not that he struck her as the type to act that way, anyway. He seemed genuinely humbled by her honest attraction to him, and eager for her proposal if the way he'd flipped her over as soon as she'd barely finished talking was any indication.

 

Medical school was going to take her a while, and then after that came her residency, but even though her life was going to be hectic for the next several years moving forward that didn't mean she had to continue living at home at the Higurashi shrine throughout it all. For a brief time she'd been contemplating moving in with Hojo, after all, so what was stopping her from moving in with a different boyfriend, instead, should she end up deciding after a few months that she did, in fact, have a new boyfriend? Her last thought as unconsciousness finally claimed her was that she could definitely get used to the feeling of falling asleep in Inuyasha's arms every night.