Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Show Him How ❯ Show Him How ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of the characters seen in the show, movies, manga, etc. I am not making any money or profit whatsoever off of this story.

Author's Note: Hey! Okay, here's the usual thanks for all the good reviews! And for those of you who gave me the advice to back things up on disks, (in reference to my loss of the original chapter 13) It was the disk that messed up! Everything else on it was fine, but chapter 13 wouldn't open! GAH! Damn piece of crap… &*@#$%* technology…Maybe I'll just become a Luddite…but then I won't be able to read fanfics on the Internet…

QUESTION'S ANSWERED!!!

How can Vegeta be so seductive and flirty in one chapter, and then completely turn off his feelings for Bulma in the next?

Well, you've got to remember that Vegeta feels he has been rejected by Bulma. He is very offended, but more than that, he is hurt. Now, we all know that he's had a pretty crappy life, full of pain. It makes sense that he would have some sort of way to deal with it. A defense mechanism, if you will. Think about it for a moment. When he was being seductive, he was offering a relationship, but she turned him down, thinking he only wanted a one night stand. However, Vegeta did not realize that she was confused about his offer, so therefore, he shuts out his feelings for Bulma, because he is afraid to be hurt again.

*Special thanks to Vegetababe and Bulma Peacecraft for beta-ing this!*

Show Him How

Chapter 13: Show Him How

Last Time: Yelta and Vegeta have a private little talk, but Bulma overheard it.

"Alright! Terfal, you and Pala are going to repair the Sync Belt in the Florgastic Plasmolometer, Herrel and Ubby are watching the Pinocytopic Valve for signs of leakage, Yorda and Nemel, you two are cleaning the Ubfrabic Halorankter. Timbret, you and me will be testing the Cytokenoptic Rectologisticator for signs of Pelosontic activity. Arden, you will be sorting screws." Bulma called out to her waiting crew.

As everyone got to work, Yelta watched from the shadows in confused fascination. She'd had no idea what Bulma was talking about, but could easily tell that the Servant of Chikyuu was a technological genius. Not only that, but she was absolutely beautiful to boot. With that shapely body and exotic coloring of hers, it really wasn't hard to see how Vegeta had become attracted to her.

And that will make my job a whole lot easier…

"Miss Bulma?" One of the techs called out.

"Yeah?"

"Which way do you want the Yimtarpic Ubragator to be turned?"

"Clockwise! Definitely clockwise! If it's put on counterclockwise, it's liable to mess up the gravity settings and crush Vegeta and I in our sleep!" she laughed, trying to cover the longing she felt while thinking of the Saiyan no Ouji. But it was impossible; trying to forget him was useless. No matter what, he was always on her mind, always just out of reach…

About an hour later, Bulma's stomach started to rumble, wanting food. It was about 11:30, almost time for lunch. "Hey, who's hungry?" she called out, and was met by a cloud of rumbling bellies. "What do you guys say we break for an early lunch, then we'll run all the diagnostic tests after we're good and full?"

"That is the most intelligent thing you've said all day!" Timbret cried out, to be met with a bubble of laughter from the exhausted tech workers.

"All right! Everyone just make sure everything is shut down and safe, and get on out! I want to just finish tightening these bolts here, and I'll follow in a couple minutes."

"Sure thing, boss!" Yorda chuckled, and soon Bulma was the only one in the entire hangar, or so she thought.

"Almost done and OW! Aw shit!" She cried out, accidentally smashing her thumb with the wrench. It would probably bruise, but lucky for her, that was all. "Damn…" she muttered, popping the appendage into her mouth to ease the pain, then spitting it back out when she realized that it was still covered in grease. "Bleh! Eww!!!" she spat, running for the sink, where she washed her hands and rinsed out her mouth. "Ergh…remind me to never ever do that again," she muttered to herself, taking a big gulp of water.

"Err…Miss Bulma?" A voice murmured, and Bulma turned to see Yelta standing by the door of the hangar, looking very nervous as she toyed with the hem of her shirt.

"Can I help you?" The human woman asked, ice in her voice.

"I know you heard the conversation between Vegeta and myself last night." Yelta stated.

"I wasn't eavesdropping!" Bulma cried out in defense. "I was going to talk to him, but you just happened to pull him into your friendly little conversation first."

"Oh, no, please forgive me! I had not meant to imply such a thing! I just…I just wanted to ask you a favor."

"Excuse me? A favor?"

"I…" Yelta sighed. "I just wanted to ask you to please tell Vegeta-sama that I'm sorry. He won't even talk to me, and it doesn't even matter if he forgives me or not…just so he knows." She hung her head in shame.

"I…I guess I could do that…" Bulma muttered, feeling almost sorry for the woman in front of her. "That is, if he'll even listen to me…last time I checked, he was pretty pissed at me too…"

"Thank you, Miss Bulma! Oh thank you so much!" Yelta cried out, ignoring the last little bit of Bulma's words. She knew he wasn't mad at her, he was just irritated and well…being Vegeta. If he was upset about one thing, he made sure to take it out on everyone.

"Yeah, whatever…" Bulma sighed. Great, just great. I'll tell him she's sorry and then he'll tell me he still loves her and they'll go live happily ever after and I'll end up old and crusty and alone with fifteen cats roaming around my house…and every one will be named Vegeta Jr…

Yelta turned to leave, and Bulma listened as the light clicking of her shoes against the hard cement floor grew fainter, but then it stopped, and the Human scientist turned to see the Servant of Toog, standing alone by the door.

"Bulma…" she called out. "I know that Vegeta said some awfully depressing things last night, and I know that you must be awfully upset, feeling how you do about him…" Bulma's eyes widened. How did Yelta know how she felt? Was she really that obvious? "I just wanted to tell you that he will love again…It will be hard for him, but I don't think even he will be able to stop that feeling. And when he finally allows himself to, he will be the best damn lover any woman ever had. All you have to do is…" Yelta smiled sadly, "Show him how."

Okay! Okay! I know that this chapter is exceptionally short, and I'm real sorry, but as I said at the end of chapter 12, I had to re-do this chapter, and I don't remember exactly what was in it before. But please review anyway! And now we know why the fic is called "Show Him How" and everything is good and dandy.

Just a little side note…

When Yelta was saying that Vegeta would be "the best damn lover…" I didn't mean it as really good in bed. He's had sex before, with women before and after he met Yelta. In this fic, Saiyans aren't stuck to the first person they hop into bed with; they just don't really like the idea of casual sex. It's disgraceful and all that jazz. But anyway, I meant it as like, he'll be really devoted and true to the woman he allows himself to love. *Aww! How sweet!*

Next Time: Bulma and Vegeta leave Toog, but what's this? Vegeta wants to make a detour before heading back to Imtor?