Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Till the End of Time ❯ Chapter 2: Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angry and depressed, I accidentally bumped on to someone. As a good guy and a natural at apologies, I rushed a “sorry” to the guy and help him up. When I saw his face and eyes, I couldn't help but gasp. This boy, this teenage young man, he's….
 
Chapter 2: Meeting
Blue pair of eyes that resemble Hers, and a slightly long, deep brown hair gaze upon me with innocence. This boy he's… Before I could finish my thoughts, I was interrupted by him.
 
“It is okay, I should be the one apologizing. I wasn't paying attention to were I was going.” He said as he flashed a smile at me. “I must say, you look quite familiar. My name is Forseti, what is yours?”
 
I hesitated a bit, knowing that my false reputation runs through the cold parts of the hearts who reside in heaven, but I couldn't lie, I wanted him to know me for who I am and I have a feeling that this boy is related to her in some way… and maybe related to me as well.
 
“Uh, my name is Keiichi Morisato.”
 
I fear that this boy might jump to that same conclusion like those other Gods and Goddesses when they know my name, or when they see my face if they know me.
But to my surprise, this boy just blinked at me and smiled.
 
“Oh, I heard about you. You used to be human right?”
 
I nodded
 
“My teacher told me about the tales of the Goddess and the Mortal, and how much their love surpasses even that of the Almighty One's.”
 
I stare at him as if he had two heads. Is this guy for real? Or is he just pulling my leg?
 
“You never heard about it?”
 
I nodded a `no'
 
“Figures, come on I'll tell you about the Mortal and the Lady Goddess. I have a day-off today from my teacher's teachings.”
 
I watch him stand up. I was wavering between trusting him or not. I knew that many Gods want me dead, but being part of God's front lined Army, the Aesir, I have special protection. In the end, I end up trusting him. I followed him to this place called “Norn District”, a new park that had just recently been completed to commemorate the three Norns of Fate. The three Norns are the Goddess of the Past, Urd; Goddess of the Present, Verthandi; and Goddess of the Future, Skuld. It's painful to see all the statues that represent the three Norns around the park, especially the present Norn.
 
We sat on bench closest to the fountain that lies on the center of the park. On the fountain stood a marble statue of the three Norns, sitting side by side holding three kinds of music instruments and wearing a white flowing dress. The Future held a bagpipe; the Present, a flute; and the Past, a Harp, each playing the instrument in harmony. To me it held a very nostalgic memory. I released a mournful sigh as I glance to my left were the boy sat silently, smiling and eyes closed as if he was at peace. I think he sensed my gaze at him, for he opened his eyes and smiled at me.
 
“You know, I have this really weird feeling that I knew you somewhere from a long time ago.”
 
“Same here.” I muttered. He smiled at me.
 
“Anyway, I'll tell you this story about the Mortal and the Goddess that my teacher told me every single night when I was a kid.”
 
Interested, I perk my head up and put my attention to him. He smiled at my reaction.
 
“My mentor, she's a valkyrie and a really great one. She told me that when she met the two, she right away knew that their feelings are very unique and special.”
 
Valkyrie? Meeting? Many questions pop on my head and two stood out the most. I ask him about the two questions.
 
“Wait, what's your mentor's name? And what do you mean unique and special?”
 
He chuckled and held a finger at me.
 
“I'll answer those questions later. For now, I'll tell you the story.”
 
Oh I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please R&R and enjoy the rest of the story.