Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Till the End of Time ❯ Chapter 3: The Story part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Wait, what's your mentor's name? And what do you mean unique and special?”
 
He chuckled and held a finger at me.
 
“I'll answer those questions later. For now, I'll tell you the story.”
 
Chapter 3: The Story part 1
 
“There once was a system were certain 1st class goddesses were given the responsibilities to give humans wishes. That system was abolished nine years ago under the Almighty One's order. The reason behind it is still unknown to the public, but rumor has it that a human and Goddess was the cause of it.”
 
I raised an eye brow and rub my chin. This information seems a bit too familiar.
 
“Let me start when the mortal was given a wish from a certain goddess, or to be exact, a Norn. Can't you believe it, a Norn giving a mortal a wish? This mortal must be pretty special. Anyway, the wish that the mortal want was very surprising. The Yggdrasil, however, approved the wish, shocking practically all of heaven and leaving most of the heaven's council members, including the Almighty One, scratching their heads in confusion. Do you want to know what the mortal wished for?”
 
I nodded my head. I have a feeling I know what that mortal wished for. Forseti extended his index finger at me and, with a serious face, answered the question.
 
“He said `I wish for a Goddess like you to stay by my side forever'. Can't you believe it? Everyone thought that that wish was plain stupid and it will never be granted, but like I said before, Yggdrasil granted it.”
 
I open my mouth in shock and my senses shut down. I could hear Forseti's humorous laughter echoing around my head, and the wish that the mortal want, no… the wish that I want…
 
Forseti's laughter ceased and I knew that, from the look on his face, my expression was a mixture of surprise and sadness.
 
Forseti cleared his throat.” Ahem… uh, sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. If you want, I can stop telling you the story.”
 
I refused. I wanted to hear it all; I want to know what this Valkyrie told this boy… about me, and about her.
 
“No…no, please continue.”
 
Forseti nodded and continued. “Anyway, after that faithful night, the Almighty one ordered an immediate inspection on Yggdrasil. He wanted to know why the wish was granted, and why Yggdrasil picked the Present Norn, out of all the 1st class goddesses. The Almighty One assigned his two daughters, the Past Norn, who is half devil and half goddess, and the Future Norn to take command of the inspection. This operation was then later named Operation Yggdrasil. This, however, took many months and the operation was then later abandoned. Are you going to ask why it was abandoned?”
 
I nodded my head. I think this boy can read a God's mind.
 
“The Operation was abandoned because two of the Goddesses abandoned their duties. The two who abandoned it are the commanders of the Operation. The first goddess to leave was the Past Norn and the second was the Future Norn. The past Norn left to check, or more likely, to interfere with the lives of the mortal and the Present Norn. Actually, her main purpose was to force the two to intercourse.”
 
I heard Forseti chuckle as I turn a deep crimson red. I remember that day, when Her sister drugged me into having my way with Her.
 
“Why are you red? It's not like I'm talking about you. Anyway, leaving her duties unannounced angered the Almighty One, thus banishing the past Norn from heaven until further notice. Later, after the two settled into having the Present Norn's sister around, another Norn appeared to interfere with the couple's lives. She, however, was given permission from the Almighty to go to earth. Her personal goal was to make her older sister, the Present Norn, to go back to heaven, but the Almighty specifically given her a temporary job and that was to get rid of every bug that appear on earth. Well, she did her job but… she made her decision to stay on earth to `protect' her sister from the mortal. And that's the reason why the Operation was abandoned, no one can replace the two former commanders for they were highly experienced on operating Yggdrasil than any one else.”
 
Well, that explained a lot.
 
“The Almighty One later ignored the mortal's wish and let fate decide the mortal's life. He never knew, however, that the feelings that the two have will one day bring disaster to the universe.”