Alice 19th Fan Fiction ❯ Healing the Heart ❯ Chapter 6, Part 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Andrew raced up the stairs. `Aw man! Lunch started 10 minutes ago. Alicia was going to be pissed!' He ran through the door that led to the roof.
 
“You're late Andrew.”
 
Andrew turned to his right and saw Alicia and Chris standing by the door. He moved to stand next to them. “Sorry. Mr. Adams kept me late.”
 
“What are you doing here?” Chris asked in the coldest voice he could muster. He had never been overly fond of Andrew. All the masters at the sanctuary favored him because of the speed at which he was learning the words.
 
I was invited.” Andrew retorted with a hint of arrogance.
 
Alicia put herself in between the two boys. “Now, now. Can we please save our arguing for another time?”
 
“Fine.” Chris replied.
 
“So Alicia,” Andrew asked, “how do you know that those girls will come after you?”
 
“I heard them talking about it when I got to school this morning. You would think that if someone was plotting something, they'd do it in a more quiet place.” She grabbed a peach from Chris and began to nibble at it. “So…how do you get into the inner heart anyways?”
 
Chris sighed. He had forgotten that Alicia knew so little about the inner heart. “Just stay with us and we promise that you will get in.”
 
Suddenly, the door opened. Inside stood the people they had been waiting for. Chris, Andrew, and Alicia could feel the mara radiating off of them, especially the girl in the middle.
 
Andrew walked up to them. “Now, now ladies. Certainly you don't want to fight us.”
 
“Matsu (restrain).” The girls on the sides said. Ropes appeared from nowhere.
 
“Pity.” He shook his head. “Vimuku (release)!” The ropes loosened and fell.
 
Chris ran up to the girl in the middle and held his hand towards her head. “Na Sadaru Lotis Ran!”
 
Alicia saw a flash of light. The next thing she knew, she was standing in a winter wonderland. Red and Gold ribbons draped her back and chest.
 
“Welcome, my lady,” Andrew said, “to the inner heart.”