Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Dimension ❯ Sleeping Over and School Problems! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Me: Well then… the reviews…yes! Make me soooo happy! Oh yeah… I have friends who go to the same school as I do, who are also reading this and they have to wait while I type and everything… Mwahahahahahaha!
 
And yes Ron… Strangely enough, Saka (or should I say I?) shows her affections through figh- …erm I mean “playful teasing.” =^.^=
 
Zirra… I have plans for Beth, Tohru, and Saka… we do have bending skills… and that's all I'm gonna say for now… ^_^
 
********************At Saka's House*******************
 
“Welcome to my house!” Saka smiled at the trio behind her. She unlocked the door and led them in.
 
“This house is really big… do you live here alone?” Katara asked.
 
Saka's back was turned away from them. She smiled, “Of course not silly! My family is just out on vacation… that's all…”
 
Katara looked at her retreating form strangely, “Oh… okay then.”
 
Sokka looked at Aang and shook his head, `Girls…'
 
“Let's see…” Saka looked at Sokka and Aang, “You two don't mind sharing rooms do you?”
 
Aang shrugged, “Nah, it's fine. Right Sokka?”
 
Sokka nodded, “Yeah.”
 
“I'll try to block out Sokka's snoring as best as I can!” Aang whispered in Saka's ear.
 
Sokka had heard and glared at Aang, “I DON'T SNORE!”
 
“Yes you do.” Katara and Aang said together blandly. Sokka fumed.
 
Aang, Katara, and Saka laughed.
 
“Oh man… what are we supposed to do about sleeping arrangements?” Saka shook her head, “There are four rooms but one of them is my parent's room, and they told me to stay out of it until they came home. Then there's my room, my little brother's room, and the guest room. So someone has to share rooms… unless…” Her brows creased. She snapped her fingers, “I got it! Katara, you can sleep in my room. Aang, you can sleep in my little brother's room, and Sokka… can sleep in the guest room!”
 
“Where are you gonna sleep?” Aang asked.
 
Saka was silent then replied, “I'm gonna sleep on the couch! Now!” She turned and walked off, “Follow me to your rooms!”
 
Katara and Sokka followed closely behind. Aang was still looking around. He saw a white flash from the corner of his eye. He spun around. “Who's there?” he called out.
 
“Aang?” Saka strode out towards him, “What's the matter, Aang?”
 
Aang swallowed, “I thought I saw something…”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Something white…”
 
“Like… a white cat?”
 
“A white… cat?”
 
Saka nodded and smiled, “Yeah. You probably saw Milky!”
 
Katara sweatdropped, “Milky?”
 
Saka twiddled her thumbs, “Well… she's a white cat, and milk is white so I thought… Milky!”
 
“Is… Milky your cat?” Katara asked.
 
“No, she comes and goes as she pleases!” Saka answered.
 
There was a small mew. A pure white kitten put a paw against the window-paned door that kept her out.
 
“Milky!” Saka squealed. She quickly opened the door, “Hi Milky!”
 
“Mew.”
 
“Aaaaaaw! What a cut-”
 
Milky hissed savagely and tried to scratch Katara.
 
“…kitty?!” Katara stared at Milky in shock.
 
“Milky!” Saka scolded, “These are friends!”
 
Milky purred and jumped onto a chair. She settled down and fell asleep.
 
Saka yawned, “Yeah… Let's all go to sleep now…”
 
She led Aang and Katara to their rooms. Katara ended up in the guest room, because Sokka had already fallen asleep in Saka's room.
 
Saka brushed her teeth and went over to the couch and fell asleep. Milky opened an eye and crawled over to Saka. She jumped softly onto Saka and fell asleep.
 
******************Meanwhile with Beth, Tohru, Iroh, and Zuko*****************
 
“Where are you two gonna sleep…” Tohru muttered, “I know Beth and I can share rooms…”
 
“I guess Iroh will have to sleep on the couch…” Beth mumbled.
 
“Zuko will sleep on the floor…”
 
“WHAT?! THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL I'M GOONA SLEEP ON THE FLOOR!”
 
Tohru glared at Zuko, “Shut up! Count yourself lucky that you even have a place to sleep!”
 
Zuko crossed his arms, “I swear… you're worse than the bitch.”
 
“Who's the `bitch'?” Tohru asked.
 
“Saka of course.”
 
Tohru slammed into him, and he tumbled and fell. Zuko glared at her and was about to say something when Tohru interrupted him, “NEVER EVER… call Saka-chan a bitch.”
 
“Oh yeah? What the hell are you gonna do about it?” Zuko sneered.
 
Tohru's eyes glinted maliciously.
 
Beth `Eeped' and pushed Iroh out of the room and closed the door behind them. She sighed and shook her head.
 
Iroh looked at her with a questioning face.
 
Beth explained, “Saka and Tohru are both fighters… but Tohru is more violent and the better fighter… Saka only fights when necessary and holds back but Tohru… well she doesn't give any slack.”
 
“What about you?”
 
“I'm just a bystander… I don't like to fight.”
 
“Ahhh… that's good. Sometimes I wish Prince Zuko was more like you.” Iroh patted Beth's back.
 
Beth put her ear against the door, “I think she's starting now.”
 
*****************Tohru***********
 
Tohru stood ready, her focus on Zuko. Her eyes narrowed as she easily dodged Zuko's punch. She grabbed his fist and twisted it behind his back harshly. He winced and aimed a kick at her. She let go of his arm and jumped back. He was about to use his firebending skills when Tohru grabbed his wrists tightly.
 
Their faces were so close, their noses almost touched. Tohru stared straight into Zuko's yellow eyes and hissed, “I don't think so Zuko. For this fight no bending skills or are you that weak that you have to use them?”
 
Zuko whispered dangerously low, “You're nothing…” he threw her off, “COMPARED TO ME!”
 
**************Beth*************
 
“Ohhhhhh…. I hope Tohru's okay!” Beth whimpered when she heard a crash.
 
“I wouldn't worry so much…” Iroh murmured.
 
Beth looked at him, “Huh?”
 
Iroh watched at her, “I know this seems crazy to you but I've seen spirits following you, Tohru, and Saka. For you and Beth, I can't see those spirits very clearly, but Saka's spirit is very clear. If I'm not mistaken, she has the spirit of Sora the firebender following her.”
 
“What? Who's Sora?” Beth asked. She thought back, `Then again… before we were friends… Saka always did seem aloof. She never let anyone near her…'
 
Beth sighed. There was a loud bang against the door, and she fell over. She panted heavily, “I-I think they're done now…” she said shakily.
 
Iroh helped her up, “Should we go then?”
 
Beth nodded, “Yeah…”
 
She opened the door cautiously. She gasped. It was Zuko who had been thrown against the door. He sat up, rubbing the back of his head. Tohru was standing calmly at the other side of the room. Her lip was cut and bleeding, but other than that, she was fine. Iroh saw the spirit behind her clearly. His eyes widened, `It's Adamina the eathbender…'
 
He looked over at his nephew and shook his head, “So Prince Zuko, she defeated you?”
 
Zuko looked away ashamed.
 
Iroh cast a sideways glance at Tohru. Adamina's spirit had faded but was still there, `So Adamina comes out when Tohru fights…' He faced Beth, `Nirvelli must be in Beth then. I wonder if they'll ever be able to fully grasp it…'
 
“Is something wrong, Iroh?” Beth asked. A look of concern was shown on her face.
 
Iroh chuckled, “Don't worry about it.” He stretched and yawned, “But I'm very tired now so… Good night!”
 
Tohru nodded, “Night.” She and Beth went into Beth's room, did their nightly rituals, and fell asleep.
 
Zuko was still sitting where he had been thrown. He bowed his head and fell into a deep slumber.
 
*******************Dream Sequence********************
 
Zuko was standing on a cliff and looking out at the roaring ocean. He sighed and breathed in the salty air. A sense of calm flooded through him and he sat down cross-legged. He closed his eyes and began to meditate. After a few minutes, he felt a smaller body lean against his back.
 
It was silent for a while until a feminine voice whispered, “So you like the ocean too, huh?”
 
Zuko knew the voice but didn't answer right away. He opened his eyes and turned his body around. Saka had fallen asleep. He watched her intently, `She's… looks kinda peaceful when she's asleep… not at all like when she's awake.' He got up carefully and laid her head on the ground softly.
 
He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked in that direction. Saka was there but her head was bowed down.
 
“Saka?” Zuko stared at her in surprise, “But I thought you were aslee-“
 
“She is asleep,” a different voice issued out from Saka's mouth. `Saka' turned her head upwards.
 
Zuko gasped. Her eyes were mahogany! “Saka, you're Sora?!”
 
`Sora' chuckled, “Your naiveté is cute, Zuko. It shows that you're still human.” `Sora' shook her head, “Saka isn't me. True, I'm Sora, but I only exist as a spirit. I'm only borrowing her body so that I can speak to you.” Her hand fell away from Zuko's shoulder, “So tell me, how do you like this dimension so far?”
 
Zuko snorted, “It's stupid. The women here are cruel, disrespectful, and loud-mouthed.”
 
`Sora' laughed, “You've only met Saka and Tohru for real then, huh? What about Beth? Have you actually talked to her yet? Heh… You'll meet other girls in this dimension who are even crueler and fiercer. Some will even try to tempt you.”
 
“No girl is gonna tempt me” Zuko grunted, “I've already got someone I admire.”
 
“Oh? Who?” `Sora' inquired.
 
Zuko blushed and looked away, “That's none of your damn business.”
 
`Sora' shook her disapprovingly, “Tsk. Tsk. You really should watch that mouth of yours.”
 
Zuko glared at her. `Sora' smiled and her eyes changed to dark brown. Her eyes closed and she collapsed, but Zuko caught her before she hit the ground.
 
There was a gust of wind as a voice whispered, “We'll have another little chat soon…”
 
Zuko laid Saka down and sat down cross-legged. He began to meditate once more.
 
******************End of Dream and over to Sokka**********************
 
Sokka awoke and yawned quietly. He got out of bed and looked around, `Where am I again? …Oh yeah! Saka's house.' His stomach rumbled, `Ugh… note to self: NEVER go to sleep on an empty stomach.'
 
He walked out of the room and saw Saka sitting at a table eating. He grinned and walked up to her, “Hey. Mind if I eat with you?”
 
Saka looked at him, “Sure, you can eat!” She got up and opened the refrigerator, “What do you want?”
 
Sokka stared into the fridge, “Uh…” he pointed at a bowl with a fish in it, “Can I eat that?”
 
“Sure!” Saka took it out and put it in the microwave, “Just let me heat it up!”
 
Sokka walked over to a chair and sat down in it, “Y'know… you're gonna have to tell me how all this stuff works.”
 
Saka laughed, “Trust me… you don't want me to explain.”
 
“Eh? Why's that?”
 
“I just suck when it comes to explaining things. Tohru is better at explaining stuff.”
 
“How old is she?”
 
“Who? Tohru?”
 
“Yeah. How old is she?”
 
The microwave beeped to show that the food was warm. Saka took the food out and set it front of Sokka. She got a spoon and fork and gave it to him She finally looked at him and shook her head, “Tohru's 14, Sokka. In fact, Beth and I are also 14. Tohru's the oldest because she was born before us by a few months. Why do you need to know?”
 
“So then that means… you're the same age as Katara then.” Sokka murmured. He took a bite out of the fish, “Yum!”
 
Saka just rolled her eyes and shook her head, “You're weird.”
 
Sokka laughed, “Just be glad it's weird Sokka and not hot-headed Zuko.”
 
Saka smiled, “You're my big brother from now on.”
 
“Huh?!” Sokka dropped his fork.
 
“You're like an older brother for me I mean.”
 
“Oh…”
 
The duo shook their head and continued to talk and laugh until dawn.
 
****************** The Next Morning (6:30 AM) *************
 
Katara woke up and rubbed her eyes. She got out of bed and stretched and yawned. She walked out of the room and into the kitchen. She stared at surprise to see Sokka up so early. Aang was already up as well and was sitting at the table.
 
He smiled when he saw Katara, “Good morning, Katara!”
 
“Morning Aang!” she looked at Saka, “Good morning, Saka! Are you always up this early?”
 
Sokka looked at Katara, “Huh? Oh no-”
 
“I wasn't talking to you!” Katara snapped.
 
Saka chuckled, “Why don't you guys just call me Saka-chan from now on? That way we won't get confused!”
 
“Okay!” Aang replied, “Where's Milky?”
 
“Oh… she went out earlier. She might be back tomorrow!” Saka answered, “Anyways, I have to go to school! But first, we need to go drop by Beth's house.”
 
Saka got her backpack, and they left.
 
**********************Beth and Tohru*******************
 
The alarm clock began ringing. Tohru woke up right away. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She turned off the alarm and shook Beth, “Wake up, Beth.”
 
Beth mumbled in her sleep and rolled over.
 
Tohru sighed and shook harder, “WAKE UP, Beth.”
 
Beth replied sleepily, “Five more minutes…”
 
Tohru's eye was twitching and she pushed Beth out of the bed. Beth hit the floor with a loud thud. Beth sat up and rubbed her eyes.
 
She looked at Tohru, “Why am I on the floor?”
 
Tohru smiled and replied, “You fell.”
 
“Oh… okay!” Beth smiled.
 
`Haha… sucker!' Tohru thought as she walked out of the room.
 
Iroh and Zuko were still sleeping. Tohru walked past them and started cooking pancakes. Beth got out some plates and fixed everything up. The doorbell rang, and she went to go answer it.
 
“Good morning!” Saka cried when Beth opened the door.
 
“Saka-chan! Wow… you're here early!”
 
“Yes well…” Saka sighed, “What are we gonna do about school… that and I'm starving!”
 
The group walked into the house. Saka giggled when she saw Zuko, `Awwww… how cute!'
 
Aang crept towards Zuko and poked him. Nothing happened, so Aang poked him harder. Zuko was still fast asleep as Aang whispered to Saka, “He's asleep like a rock!”
 
Just then, Zuko woke up and saw Aang just a few inches from his face. He yelped and shoved Aang away, “WHAT THE HELL?!”
 
Aang lost his balance and hit his head on the floor, “OW!”
 
“Are you okay, Aang?!” cried the girls.
 
Aang rubbed his head, “Yup!”
 
They sighed thankfully, “That's good.”
 
“Hey… wake up, Iroh!” Beth shook him, “There's delicious hot tea and pancakes for breakfast!”
 
Iroh opened a sleepy eye and yawned. He sat up and saw Saka, Aang, Katara, and Sokka, “Good morning… I see you all are here as well. When's breakfast?”
 
“Now.” Tohru appeared in the living room, “Come on, the food is finished cooking.”
 
“Yay! Food!” Saka cheered. She turned to Sokka, “Bet I could eat more than you without getting sick!”
 
Sokka grinned, “Bet you can't!” They raced into the kitchen.
 
Tohru sighed and called out to them, “SAVE SOME FOOD FOR US TOO, WILL YA?!”
 
“OK!” came the muffled voice of Saka.
 
**************Later… after breakfast. ***********
 
Saka and Sokka were stumbling and hanging on to each other.
 
“I think I'm gonna hurl…” Saka moaned.
 
Beth shook her head, “Well that's what happens when you eat too much in a short period of time.”
 
Sokka slipped and fell. He just lied there for a few minutes and listened to everything.
 
Saka took deep breaths, “That feels better. Anyways, what are we gonna do about school? Should we take them with us?” she asked Beth and Tohru.
 
Tohru nodded, “Yeah. Look… you'd better take Zuko with you. I almost killed him last night.”
 
Saka stared at her friend, “Eh? Really…? Oh Tohru… you shouldn't do that! You'll be sent to those stupid anger management classes again!”
 
Tohru laughed and patted Saka's shoulder, “Don't worry, Saka. That will never happen!”
 
Beth picked up her book bag, “Come on. We gotta go!”
 
“Wait a sec!” Saka replied. She walked over to the coat closet and picked out a hat. She threw it to Aang, “You're gonna have to wear that.”
 
Aang put it on, “Okay! Let's go!”
 
Saka looked over at Sokka, “You feel okay?”
 
“Yeah…” Sokka hoisted himself up, “Let's go.”
 
Everyone left the house.
 
************At school***************
 
Everyone stared in awe at Beth, Tohru, and Saka. Sokka nudged Tohru, “Do these people always stare at you three?”
 
Tohru smirked, “No. They're usually terrified and look away.”
 
A group of girls wearing miniskirts walked towards Sokka and Zuko, “Hey there. Why don't you dump these losers and come have some fun with us?”
 
Zuko glared at them and thought, `So this is what Sora meant she told me that girls would try to tempt me…'
 
Sokka ignored them and put his arm around Tohru, “No thanks. My girl is much prettier than any of you.”
 
Saka looked away. On the outside, she was indifferent. On the inside however… she was laughing her butt off.
 
Tohru tried her best to control herself. She knew that Sokka was just doing that to keep the idiots away, but it was a bit annoying for her.
 
The girls sauntered off with they're noses in the air.
 
The rest of the students started to head towards homeroom. Sokka removed his arm and smiled, apologizing, “Eh heh… sorry.”
 
Tohru shrugged, “Whatever.”
 
Beth turned to Aang and Katara, “You two can come with me!”
 
Tohru looked over at Saka, “You'd better take Zuko and Iroh with you, okay?”
 
Saka sighed, “Ok…”
 
Sokka glanced at Tohru, “I guess that means I'm with you then, huh?”
 
Tohru nodded, “You bet.”
 
The group walked into homeroom, and Beth, Tohru, and Saka sat at their usual seats. They signaled Aang, Katara, Sokka, Zuko, and Iroh to sit at the seats surrounding them.
 
“Like, hey!” A girl named Kyra shouted at Sokka, “Like, you're in my seat, loser!”
 
Tohru stood up calmly and glared at Kyra straight in the eye. Tohru flicked her off and growled, “BACK. OFF. BITCH.”
 
Kyra turned and stomped away, her face full of fear.
 
Tohru rolled her eyes and sat back down.
 
“Thanks,” Sokka smiled.
 
Tohru nodded, “Don't take any shit from them.”
 
The bell rang for first period.
 
Beth frowned, “We didn't get here too late did we?”
 
Saka shrugged, “Personally, I don't really care. Just as long as they didn't mark us absent. But let's go.”
 
They got up and went to their first period class.
 
***************End of Chappie*************
 
Well, what do you think?