Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter one: The letter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi, it's me again, chibi Setsuna-chan. Here I present you a Beyblade fic and happy to see it is starring me and some of my friends. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
This story is co-written with Warstock-Leonhart, a good friend of mine. He's also one of the main characters.
Warstock: Please don't forget Red Dux, who gave us some ideas and is also one of the main characters.
Setsuna-chan: Oh, you're right! Red Dux did help us.
Red Dux: Thank you very much.
Setsuna-chan: Hum? Guys? Where's the Disclaimer? I thought one of you hired her.
Warstock: No! I thought you were the one who'd do that since the story is on your account.
Red Dux: Fine! Since none of you did, I'll call her. (dials the number)
Disclaimer: Hi! This is Disclaimer. What can I do for you?
Red Dux: We need you so people who read our fic won't sue us!
Disclaimer: Coming right away! (pops out of no where)
Setsuna-chan: How did you get here so fast?
Disclaimer: I don't know! Hey! Maybe I'm a magician! Or maybe I'm a witch, a fairy, something magical?
Everyone: O.o and sweatdrop.
Warstock: The door is right behind you!
Everyone falls anime style.
Red Dux: Can we start the fic already?
Setsuna-chan: Oh, right! That's what these people are here for: read the story. Disclaimer! Do your stuff!
Disclaimer: chibi Setsuna-chan and Warstock-Leonhart (whispers: with the help of Red Dux) don't own Beyblade or any of the characters from the show. However, they do own the character's you don't recognise and the plot.
Setsuna-chan: Wow! You're good at this! Care to stick around with us and have fun?
Disclaimer: Thanks! I'd like that very much.
Chapter 1: The letter
 
-“Stop drooling Setsuna! You're going to flood the room” said Takato. “I know Kai is beyblading but still…”
-“Shut up Takato!” replied Setsuna. “Like, you don't drool when a pretty girl is beyblading. I'm sure you drool when I bend down to send Ember on the field”
-“Hum!” said Takato (with an anime sweatdrop on his head) `Think fast, Takato' thought the guy. “No, I don't, never!”
Setsuna was about to open her mouth to reply when Satoshi quickly said:
-“Both of you, shut up and let me watch the game”
The argument stopped and the three of them watch the game silently. Takato, who was slightly red after what Setsuna said, looked sharply at the television. He wore his usual black tank top with his black baggy pants. His beyblade rested on the table next to Satoshi's. Takato also had long silver hair, always tied in a low ponytail, his features average. Setsuna, the one squirming on the couch, wanting Kai to win, was a seventeen years old girl with long dark green hair, half raised in a bun. She had dark red eyes which reflected pure intentions, determination and concern for everything surrounding her. She was wearing a white medieval dress, ending at her knees, and a pink corset laced in front. Pink high heeled boots, black leather bracelets and garnet gems earrings gave the final touch to her attire. Her features seemed perfect for all boys who looked her way (and yes, she made Takato drool when they beybattle each other). Satoshi was sitting in the middle of the couch, calm as always. He was a brown haired boy with green eyes. He wore his eternal red cap, a white t-shirt with a drawing of a green beyblade, a red jacket (which he folded his sleeves to his elbows), blue jeans and black boots.
Satoshi became excited the moment Kai called Dranzer and ended the match in a flash. Takato, upon seeing Kai win and knowing Setsuna, covered his ears just in time before the said girl jumped up and let out a high pitch scream of happiness. From the corner of his eyes, Takato saw a guy standing outside, looking at Setsuna with a puzzled and amused expression, probably because the girl was jumping around the table in a pure state of admiration for Kai. Satoshi, who was not as fast as Takato, almost went deaf at the pretty girl's scream of joy. He rubbed his ears and swore slightly at Setsuna, who didn't care because the boy of her dream had won the match. While Setsuna was in a fan girl mode, Takato heard the mail coming through the door, by the entrance made for it. Takato got up and got the mail: one for each member of the Elite Tsubasa, as they like to call themselves as a team.
-“Setsuna, there's a chocolate cake in the fridge. Go get it and bring it back here this time!” said Takato as he gave her the letter.
Setsuna squealed and ran into the kitchen where the two guys heard shuffling and then someone eating.
-“Setsuna! BRING THE CAKE, HEEERE!” yelled Takato.
Setsuna appeared with the cake equally cut into eight pieces and a couple of plates and utensils in her hands. She managed to give the boys their share and then dive into hers. Satoshi and Takato looked at her in surprised, then they looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders and dive into their share of cake. While eating, Takato opened his letter:
`Dear Mr Takeshi,
It was with great pleasure that I saw you and your team win the Beyblade National Championship of Canada. Your friends and yourself have shown tremendous teamwork as well as courage, determination and power. You and your team are now eligible to enter the greatest event of all time: The Beyblade World Championship…'
Takato choked on his cake. He and his friends/team-mates were going to the World Championship. He continued to read:
`…Also, since you are National Champions, there is no need for you to pay anything, except for your personal expenses. You only need to go to the airport and ask for your reservation. It is under the name of Dickenson. The same thing is applied for your hotel reservation, transport and food. Your plane is due May 2nd 2005 at 2 o'clock pm. I wish you good luck and I hope to see you at the World Championship.
Sincerely, Mr. Dickenson.'
Takato sank in his chair. Today was the day of their departure and it was only 10 o'clock in the morning. He had four hours to gather his belongings and get to the airport. He looked at Setsuna, who looked like to be in dream mode, probably dreaming about Kai. She looked beautiful to him, no matter what mode she was in. He then looked at the letter in disbelief. Satoshi's eyes were wide open and he turned at Takato. Neither of them could believe it: they were going to the World Championship. They finally reached the level.
The telephone rang and the three of them were startled. Setsuna went to it, pressed the intercom button on and answered:
-“Hello! Tachikawa Setsuna speaking!”
-“Hi Setsuna! It's me, Reanne. How are you?”
-“I'm so happy. Did you watch the match? Kai won, you hear? MY KAI WON!” asked Setsuna, returning in fan girl mode.
-“Yeah! He was brilliant. I bet you jumped happily and went into the fan girl mode, like you are right now” answered Reanne, knowing well her best friend's various states of mind. “By the way, are the guys home?”
-“They are here alright! Why do you ask?”
-“I have some business with them” said Reanne grinning ear to ear on the other side of the phone. “I have to beat them up for that stupid prank they pulled on me!”
-“What!? What kind of prank? No way could that idiot of Takato have found an idea good enough to be successful and I don't think Satoshi would do such a thing…then again…scratch that! Those two make quite a pair” fumed Setsuna.
-“They exchanged my glass of orange juice for a weird mixture that looked like orange juice. But don't worry! I'm going to give them a taste of their own medicine. Something they won't forget and make them think twice before they pull another joke on me”
-“You go girl! By the way, we received a letter from Mr. Dickenson. We have reached the World Championship level. We are going to battle against beybladers from all around the world. I might get the chance to meet Kai and maybe tie a relationship with him” said Setsuna, starting to dream again.
-“But won't that mean that we also might face him in a beybattle?”
-`Our plane is leaving at 2 o'clock this afternoon and… WHAT!? I never thought of that! Face Kai in a battle?”
-“Look, Setsuna! I'm coming back home. I'll be there in a few minutes and we'll talk about it, okay?” said Reanne.
-“All right! See you in a few!”
_”Bye!”
Setsuna turned off the intercom and hung the phone. Takato got up and said:
-“Guys, gather your stuff `cause we're going to the World Championship and no one is going to stop us from becoming the number one team in the universe”
-“Satoshi, Takato! Reanne put out a gook point. Will I have to beat Kai?” said Setsuna, on the verge of crying.
Putting this on the count of hormones since Kai won and that made Setsuna too happy, Takato responded:
-“I'll handle Kai! He doesn't stand a chance against wing Flame or any of our bitbeast”
-“But, Takato! It's Kai!” complained Setsuna.
-“Look sweetie! You'll be the captain, so you'll choose, okay?” said Takato with a huge smile plastered on his face.
He didn't expect the slap he received from Setsuna.
 
Warstock: Man! You are so mean to me!
Setsuna-chan: Next time don't you call me sweetie. You now know that you walk on dangerous grounds! (smirks evilly). Besides, wait until next chappie to see what I'll make Reanne do to you as revenge from the prank. MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!
Warstock and Red Dux: -gulps-
Red Dux: Why do I only have one reply in the whole chapter?
Warstock: Because I wanted you to be the reasonable one for now. Besides, I had to show everyone how Setsuna-chan acts when she's with us. Believe me people, she is almost like that in real life (except for the slap part, she is not violent).
Setsuna-chan: Can't argue with that. Thanks Warstock! But you are not off the hook just yet. Reanne is really made at you two. I think you'll both prefer to be dead than face what I have in store for you.
Warstock and Red Dux: Yeah! We'd prefer that. But we can't leave you to do this story on your own. You'll end up making Kai yours and seriously: poor guy! We're with you, man! Run away from her!
Setsuna-chan: What!? Come back here, both of you! (chases them around, comes back in front of the CPU, panting like mad) Hn! I think you endanger yourselves in the next chappie. I'll be EEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warstock and Red Dux: -gulps-
Disclaimer: Please review and come back to see what happens to the characters in the next chapter. Come back to see what happens to Warstock and Red Dux (whispers: that is if they are still alive in the next chapter).