Bible Black Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tale of Akanesuji ❯ Playing in the Pause ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own copyright to any of the Inuyasha or Hellsing characters. I make no profit off of my fan fiction. Wish I did.
 
Disclaimer #2: I do own the characters of Akanesuji/Akitasuji Akane, Smart Ass, Hizumeha, Kuza and Manatsu. If you would like to borrow them, please contact me at skycladstrega@yahoo.com for permission.
 
Disclaimer #3: This fan fiction is rated R or NC 17...maybe even X for violence, sex, gore and supernatural smut, hetro/bi/gay and group pairings. If you have seen it in “La Blue Girl” than you will likely see it here. If you are under the age of 18, I suggest getting your parents permission to read this. I am not responsible for any psychological damage my rantings might bring you :^P
 
 
 
Long black hair.
 
Big black eyes.
 
Skin so white that snow looked dark.
 
That was what Sieobo saw when she looked in the mirror at herself.
 
Sometimes she wished her followers saw her as something else. Why not a red head? Or a blond? Why did she have to look stereotypical Japanese?
 
Even Jesus got to be black sometimes. He was the lucky one. He got the full gamut of looks. Sometimes he was dark skinned, black haired and handsome in a Middle Eastern way. Sometimes he was fair with blue eyes and light brown hair. Today though, she was hoping he would be that rich olive skin with golden brown eyes, dark cocoa brown hair that flowed like molten chocolate down his back.
 
You see, Sieobo had a thing for the Savior.
 
There was just something about him that she adored. Maybe it was his quiet and sweet demeanor, his witty conversation. The fact he liked a good game of chess and had the infinite patience to actually make it through a game of Monopoly. He baked a mean loaf of bread and did a lot of brewing being a connoisseur of fine wines and liqueurs. When he had asked her once for some peaches from her garden, she was more than happy to give him a bushel. She was really flattered when a decade later he brought her a smooth tasting bottle of peach liqueur. They shared it over two bowls of French vanilla ice cream and game of scrabble.
 
You see, that's the other thing. When you're a god or goddess, there isn't much entertainment unless you shut off your powers and try things the old fashioned way. Nothing dulls the brain like being omnipotent. Every thing comes too quickly. Too easily. There isn't any enjoyment in instant gratification.
 
So for centuries at a time, the deities would purposefully shut off their powers to give humanity a try. The most famous case was Jesus of course. He had done it with such style that now he was the most popular god around. Good thing he didn't let it all go to his head.
 
That was another thing Sieobo liked about him. He was really humble.
 
Shame some of the older gods weren't so astute.
 
Then there was her. Thousands and thousands of years old and still only a small following to her name. She wasn't popular. She didn't have a lot of faithful. But the ones she did have were very special to her and in return they felt she was pretty special too. It was a quality versus quantity issue. Sieobo didn't have millions of adoring humans, but what she did have were a some wonderful youkai, a hundred or so priests and priestesses and a handful of gods who still respected her, not to mention some thousands of Shinto followers who remembered to light incense for her on occasion.
 
She looked around her bedroom for her favorite red dress. She swore up and down she had washed it a few days ago and hung it up to dry, but then remembered she had worn it to Kali's football (soccer to us Americans) party and had rumpled it into a wad and kicked it under her bed. Pulling it out she gave it a quick #zap* to get the wrinkles out. She had to give it another to get rid of the guacamole stain.
 
The goddess sighed, not knowing why she was worrying about all this. Jesus was oblivious to her love of him. He had a thing for Mary Magdalene and would only wind up talking about her by the evening was done. Mary had become a saint and he was really hopeful she would eventually become a goddess so they could hook back up.
 
Sieobo of course wrinkled her nose at that idea. The universe they lived in already had enough goddesses and really didn't need one more. Not Mary Magdalene anyway.
 
She hurriedly threw the dress on and brushed her hair. When her doorbell rang, a deep gong sound with mystical chime accompaniment, she rubbed her hands over her thighs and made a bee line for the door.
 
Jesus had been busy at the office all day taking calls for miracles and healings. Being the most popular god in this universe made him a busy man and unlike some of the other gods out there, he was one to reply. He really cared for his followers and tried not to let them down. His secretary Peter and his other secretary Paul had gotten into yet another fight about doctrine again and Jesus had just about had had enough. Grabbing his coat and quietly exiting the building, he got in his Lexus and drove home, making sure he did not get into the middle of their squabbling. The saints were really good men, both faithful and diligent employees, but their yammering was enough to nail him to a cross.
 
He had already done that once and found it very unpleasant.
 
The shower was good, the second shave of the day better. Once he had gotten back into the Other World the beard just had to go. Putting on a clean button down shirt, slacks and sweater, he combed his hair back and pony tailed it. The long hair stayed. The goddesses just loved it.
 
In the kitchen he grabbed up a bottle of his 1874 pomegranate wine, a lovely fruit he had gotten off of Persephone. Hades hadn't been too thrilled when he had showed up at their house in Hades, but she had been the ever gracious hostess. The lower end of the Other World didn't get too many visitors and Persephone was happy to have a guest besides Lucifer who liked their house better than his.
 
When was that punk ever going to quit sleeping on Persephone's couch?
 
Jesus stopped at the grocery and got a small bouquet of daisies for Sieobo. She had a thing for flowers. All of the Japanese did. Flowers and cake. The all loved cake. Anything crammed with sugar really.
 
It amazed him that Sieobo wasn't fat. That goddess could down a whole pound cake by herself without even trying. She would just keep taking little tiny bites in between sentences, then the next thing everyone knew, the cake was gone, snarfed up into her tiny little pouty mouth.
 
He grinned to himself. At least she didn't eat like Cthulu did. That elder god just ate the whole cake at once, making everyone in the room shutter. Crom Currach was just as bad.
 
Thank goodness that old god had only about five followers left. Soon that monster would take the big sleep and they wouldn't have to deal with him any more. Jesus scratched his head, wondering why people still seemed to love Cthulu. “Oh yeah, it was that Lovecraft fool.”
 
He pulled up in Sieobo's driveway, a long brick paved trail though an exquisite garden. Peach trees lined the roadway right up to her little one story house. It had a traditional Japanese tiled roof but modern large windows. She loved the sunshine and had no curtains to cover the glass. He could see her in her bedroom putting on her red dress from inside his car and it embarrassed him. A frown covered his mouth while his hands covered his eyes. Jesus wasn't a prude, but he wasn't a peeping tom either.
 
And besides that, Sieobo was his friend. Just his friend. They had been friends ever since they met at Buddha's one thousand year birthday bash. That was quite some time ago, but he remembered it well. She was the girl sitting quietly in the corner. He was the guy sitting quietly on the couch. By the time the evening was through, they were both sitting quietly in Buddha's kitchen snacking over a party tray of cheeses and talking about wines. It was a done deal. He had finally found someone who liked breads, cheeses and wines as much as he did. She even had subscriptions to the same magazines he did.
 
He snagged up the bottle and made a dash for the door, keeping his eyes to the landscaping along the brick sidewalk. It seems she had added some new crushed quartz rocks around her bonzai and there was a new set of solar lights. Nifty.
 
Sieobo answered the door graciously with a bow and Jesus was smiling warmly as ever. He gave her the flowers which she put in a waiting vase. How many times had they done this now? It was like a well worn routine. She knew the flowers were coming. He knew the vase would be waiting. After they were put in the water, the dark haired beauty turned to him with a pleasant grin. “I have something new for us tonight.” she said.
 
“Oh?” Jesus asked, wondering what the surprise could possibly be. When you're a god, your chances of surprises are pretty limited.
 
“I got us a new chess board,” she said, wandering towards her dining room. A straying finger flipped the light switch and on the black lacquered table was a checkered board four times the size of a normal chess set but with the same sized little squares. Little figures littered the edges in black and white. Each were intricately carved. “A gift from Totosai.”
 
“Your little saint does good work,” Jesus said, lifting a figure and looking at the perfectly carved faces. “What is this? Marble?”
 
“No. Youkai bone.”
 
“Sieobo?” he mused, raising a single eyebrow to her. “Are you up to something?”
 
“Who me?” she said, leaving him there to go to the kitchen. She brought back a large tray of cheeses and little meats, a loaf of bread and some caviar. “I'm not up to anything. I'm just bored.” She laid these things on the corner of the table and leaned in over the game pieces picking up a particular, favorite piece. She rubbed it and looked at its face, then brought it to her cheek to hug it.
 
“That's Sesshoumaru isn't it?” he asked and she nodded. “Where is InuYasha?”
 
Sieobo picked up another piece and handed it to him, then grabbed up another. “Look here. Here is Akanesuji.”
 
“She's tall. I didn't expect her to be so big.”
 
“Yes. She's almost five ten.”
 
“And Kagome?”
 
“Here.” Sieobo lifted the little piece the shape of the little girl. “She's beautiful isn't she?”
 
“You really shouldn't have given her that peach of immortality you know. She didn't do anything that spectacular really.” He continued to look at Akanesuji's figure, noting how her skin was striped with red color.
 
“Oh hush,” Sieobo said, giving him a little push to the shoulder. “She defeated Naraku almost single handedly.”
 
“You helped her.”
 
“So. I gotta build my army some how.” She gave him a squirrelly look. “How is your army going?”
 
“Good enough.” Jesus snagged up a cheese knife and spread a creamy Limburger over a wheat cracker. “I have some new saints coming up.” Sieobo started to snicker. Then she started to laugh. Finally she turned her head away because she just couldn't help herself. “What?” he asked her, wanting to know what was so darned funny.
 
“Have you heard about Alucard?”
 
“No,” he replied, looking confused. “No one has sent me a prayer.”
 
“Maybe you should pay more attention to your flock. You're going to have a new saint alright. Alucard's going to be a father.”
 
“What?” Jesus nearly spit out his cheese and cracker. He had to cover his mouth with his hand.
 
“I swear Jesus. You are so behind on the news.” Sieobo sat down in the chair across from him, opening up the bottle of wine he brought and starting to pour it into two glasses.
 
“When did this happen?”
 
“A couple of days ago. And you'll never guess who the mother is.”
 
“Who in their right mind would sleep with him?”
 
“Akanesuji.” Sieobo lifted the chess piece up and put it closer to his face. “That is why you didn't know. She prayed to me. Not you. And Alucard is still under the mistaken impression that he is Lucifer's general. He stopped praying to you a long, long time ago because he thinks you won't listen.”
 
“Well, he is Satan's general really. He made the pact with him, not me.”
 
“He's not Luci's and you know it. His soul still belongs to you for all the murder he commits in your name.”
 
“But he's so sinful Sieobo. I don't want him. He breaks every commandment and law ever set down for man.” Jesus took one of the glasses from his companion and took a deep drink. This situation deserved a hearty chug.
 
“He's not a man anymore. Those rules don't apply. Why can't you just label him an angel of death and let it go at that?”
 
“Because he isn't a angel at all.”
 
“Might as well be.”
 
“He doesn't compare to Samael or Cassiel.”
 
“Samael and Cassiel are only well behaved because they were made androgynous. They don't have a dick to get in trouble with.”
 
Jesus gave her a sudden harsh look. “I have never heard you talk like this. What is wrong with you?”
 
“Nothing at all Jesus. In fact, I think Akanesuji has opened my eyes a little. Here she is, seven centuries old and she's finally getting some well deserved action. The poor girl has faithfully served me all these years, followed my beloved Sesshoumaru around though good and bad and now she has him eating out of her palm. You should have seen what she did in London. Sometimes I wish...” the goddess started rubbing her forehead. “Sometimes I wish I were her.”
 
Jesus couldn't believe what he was hearing out of his dear friends mouth. Sieobo had always been a pillar of nobility, an example of calm and concern towards her people. She was a quiet and brilliant tactician. Never had he seen her so unreserved. “Since when have you wanted such a sinful life?”
 
“Is it a sin to want to be loved? Is it a sin to want a man's touch or to feel a baby in your belly? Is it?” Sieobo crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a hard stare.
 
Jesus wanted to change the subject. He knew about love. Yes, he had wanted to be loved. To be looked at differently than as a savior and Christ. Mary had looked at him like that once, but that was two thousand years ago, and then she had stopped looking at him that way once he had come off the cross. It had been a lonely two thousand years since. Taking another cracker, he swallowed his saliva nervously before putting it in his mouth. He was uncomfortable, a feeling he had not had for quite some time. “What are we going to do about Alucard and Akanesuji's child?” he asked so they could move on to something else.
 
“I assumed that I would keep her since she is inuyoukai. You know nothing about dog demons, unless you would like to add her to the throngs of angels under your command that you systematically ignore.”
 
“I do not ignore them. I just spend more time with my human souls that's all.”
 
Sieobo drank deeply from her glass and set it on the table top. She picked up a piece from the other side of the board. A certain vampire piece wearing a wide brimmed hat. “Do you want her? She is the reincarnation of Akanesuji's mother.”
 
“No thanks,” he said remembering what a black hearted creature Akane's mother had been. “You can have her.”
 
The two stared at the chess board for a long time in uneasy silence. Never had this awkwardness happened before. Never had they ever raised a voice to one another. Sieobo placed her pieces back on the board in their original positions and poured herself another glass.
 
“You know what Jesus?” she asked, finally looking him in the face with her deep black eyes. He cocked his head to the side for an answer. “I think I am going to incarnate.”
 
“Why?” Jesus asked, looking at her suspiciously. This was a sudden twist for her. Of all the gods and goddesses out there, Sieobo had not been one to travel much to earth.
 
“Because it's bloody obvious I am never going to get laid up here in paradise.” She downed her drink and rose from the table, leaving him in silence in the room. He could hear her travel down the hall then shut her bedroom door. The Lord picked himself up from the table and retrieved his coat. When he got into his car, he could see her laying on her bed with her pillow over her head through her window. She was probably crying.
 
How had he been so blind? Sieobo was lonely, a goddess dying in modern times. Her followers were slowly ebbing away. She was not popular on earth or in the Other World. She wasn't the ever interesting Isis or Kali-Ma or Aphrodite. Her idea of a good time was playing board games or reading a book or gardening. Jesus couldn't remember a time she ever talked about going out on a date with anyone. In fact, he couldn't remember her even talking about being interested in anyone at all. Turning on the ignition, he backed the car out of the drive way thinking that incarnation might just be good for her. It certainly had been for him.
 
oooOOOOooo
 
Sieobo picked up the phone and dialed Jesus' number. It had been a week and she had not talked to him at all. Paul answered the phone in his ever cheerful voice. “You have reached the office of Jesus the Christ, this is Paul, how may I help you?”
 
“Hi Paul. It's Sieobo.”
 
“Hey girlfriend. How are you doing?”
 
“Good. I'm o.k.” she said, playing with the phone cord. “I have a favor I need to ask of you.”
 
“Of me? Shoot sister, and I'll see what I can do.” Paul replied, getting a pencil from an old white mug that read “Jehovah Java X-mas party 2001”. He licked the lead and waited for her voice.
 
“I need all of my calls, prayers and meetings sent over to Jesus. Do you think he will do that for me? I know he has a heavy load, but I can't think of anyone else to take my calls while I am on sabbatical.”
 
“You're going on sabbatical? Where are you off to?”
 
“Earth. I'm going to incarnate.”
 
“Well hey girlfriend. I hope you have a good time. I think Jesus will do it for you. You know he is a sucker for those in need.”
 
“Yeah,” she replied in agreement. “I'm leaving as soon as possible. I'll get the call center to start forwarding it tonight.”
 
“Don't you worry about a thing. I'll take care of everything for the century you're gone.”
 
“Thanks Paul.” she said and the two said their goodbyes. She didn't have the heart to tell him that she planned on being gone a lot longer than that. As a youkai, she could be down on earth....forever.